Water under mattress pad / Port side in V-Birth

liquorBoxliquorBox Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Can anyone help?  I have water under my mattress in my vbirth where the vinyl meets the carpet on the port side. I believe it is coming from my anchor locker. Water is pooling in the port side corner of my locker. Anyone else ever experience this and what have you done to resolve this?  I am most likely going to have to pull the front panel apart to access the locker and 4200 the corners and maybe flex seal the compartment!?!? I was also considering drilling holes in the hull to install drain hoses from windlass compartment to get the water from rain and washing out. That doesn’t solve the issue of water when I anchor in. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the anchor locker will leak thru the screwed down plate at the bottom of the locker to the mid-berth bilge.  Usually. I bet more likely your rub rail or portlite

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • liquorBoxliquorBox Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thank you Black Diamond for you response. I am confused because when it rains my portlite doesn’t get wet. I do have standing water in the Starbird corner of my locker. Wouldn’t the glue securing the vinyl fail if my rubrail was leaking? 
  • bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Mine was getting wet their also ,it was leaking behind vinyl from portlite have to remove and reseal. water was getting in behind metal ring on outside 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • liquorBoxliquorBox Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I believe it was my bow rail.  Re-sealed it and tightened it up and the leak seams to have stopped for now. Gonna keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input!! 
  • sseisen1sseisen1 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Same issue only starboard v-birth. Sealed windlass and window. Gonna try siliconing Mac lights, rub rail and ???? Tomorrow evening. 2005 320 fiesta v if anyone has experienced same
  • sseisen1sseisen1 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

liquorBox - I pray it's the bow rail or starboard nav light. Anchor locker was dry last evening - going back down tonight, will check looseness of bow rail screws.