2018 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
edited February 2018 in Northeast/Mid-Atlantic U.S.

Sunny and almost 60 degrees out today!  It made me start thinking about the next Rinkervous!  This will be the 13th annual Chesapeake Rinkervous. (hard to believe it's been that many!) The date is already decided and will be July 12th -15th.  Seems like more people are starting to show up on Thursday as well, which is always in our plans, allowing us to get the prime spot in Still Pond.  For those that aren't quite sure where it is, just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3 feet or so deep. 

This year's theme is Halloween! (yes, I know July Friday the 13th would've been a more appropriate date, but as much as I really wanted to make it happen, my son would not be able to make it -& he is a huge help & wanted to include him) We will have the boat decorated up with a huge lightup pumpkin as well as many other things!  I know a few people that were extremely excited for this theme, so I can't wait to see their boats!  Also I can't wait to see the costumes!  And yes, there will be trick or treating!  (for adults too :) ) As I've said before, if you haven't been, just look at the previous few years of pictures.  We keep adding some great boater's every year!

As always, there will be some new surprises!  I'm even thinking the seaplane will be back again! :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!  (& I even hear @LaRea is going to try to make it up....how bout @raybo3??) 

(for those in the southern part of Chesapeake or on Potomac, plan this into a weeklong trip!  - also, be on the lookout for the first Potomac Rinkervous - we'll see what it's officially called :), in which both @LaRea and I will be there - and several others that make the Chesapeake Rinkervous)

(Note, I've edited the date for the event)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raybo would run out of fuel before he gets to NJ. LOL
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Raybo would run out of fuel before he gets to NJ. LOL
    But I would get there fast........... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    You wouldnt cruise any faster than I do mister Tom  LMAO
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Ahh yeah I would Handy I would be doing "rings" around you, 6 to be exact.......LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Ok, I need to let everyone know the date has changed to the weekend I guess it should be.  July 12-15!   So, yes, we will have a Friday the 13th for our Halloween Chesapeake Rinkervous!!

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how much to rent a room on one of your big nestsb of a boat?
    J3ff said:
    So how much to rent a room on one of your big nestsb of a boat?

Good question!  I've been trying to get @raybo3 to come down and do that.  You can always bring a tent and camp on the beach!

Well, no chat on this since February & we're coming up on a month away.  Time to bring it back up to the front since that warm weather is here and finally a nice looking weekend is coming up!  I'm getting really excited about all the boating time that is coming up!  I'll be on the boat more days than at work over the next 2-3 months!!

The last two years each, we've lost our longest traveler that comes down for Rinkervous.  Who is gonna be coming the furthest this year?  Unless @trashman is back and coming down again?  how about @dirtythirty ?  Gotta bring her down so we can drool over all those upgrades!

I think I've talked @LaRea into coming up?  Unless he gets tired of me the week before in his waters! :)

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it'll be a game-time call whether we come or not.  We'll be on the boat the previous week, and it sure would be great to be out the following weekend too!
    LaRea said:
    For me, it'll be a game-time call whether we come or not.  We'll be on the boat the previous week, and it sure would be great to be out the following weekend too!

Yep, that's understood.  It'll be quit a long haul for you, actually you'd be coming the furthest! :)  Looking forward to the week on the Potomac as well!

• DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn: As we stand at this moment, we are planning on taking the trip. Can't say for sure yet what our schedule will be. But this is something we have wanted to do for some time and this year is shaping up well !!  :-)
    @Dream_Inn: As we stand at this moment, we are planning on taking the trip. Can't say for sure yet what our schedule will be. But this is something we have wanted to do for some time and this year is shaping up well !!  :-)

Hey that is good news!  I know things have come up over the last couple years.  It'd be great to meet up with you!

Well, for those of you that have been going to the Rinkervous since it was called Rinker Rendezvous, know Chuck & Heather (with the Sea Plane).  I've just received an email that they are planning to fly down for the Rinkervous again this year! :)  As always, they need good weather with light winds (which we all prefer).  I thought I'd pass along the great news! :)

No worries dirty, he just ties a line onto our stern anchor. 😉 I do like the picture though! Especially since the plane is a Sea ray!! The first time he came in for Rinkervous I was only told a surprise was coming. I got out fenders and was quite surprised when he landed right in front of us! :)

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I’m waiting on a work confirmation but I’m hoping to make it.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270

Hope you'll be making your first Rinkervous Patrick! :)

Well, we are only a couple days out until Rinkervous!!!  Weather is sure looking quite nice for the long weekend!

I'm crossing my fingers for one boat (Pau Hana) that didn't make it back out the Potomac with us last week.  Hopefully he gets a new stern drive on and gets back in time! I do know of several newbies coming, which is great!!

Don't forget to get out your Halloween gear!!

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While hanging out with @Dream_Inn last week, I heard some great stories about this event.  Looks like I won't make it unless I get a wild hair and rent a day-boat!
    LaRea said:
    While hanging out with @Dream_Inn last week, I heard some great stories about this event.  Looks like I won't make it unless I get a wild hair and rent a day-boat!

Just put a tow line onto Pau Hana!  He won't even notice the extra drag! :)

Well I hope he didnt have any stories about RinkerYan

I just spoke with the seaplane guy.  He will be coming in early Friday afternoon, but will have to leave early Sat morning.  Those that want to check out and get in line for a ride, make sure to show up earlier on Friday!  Once he starts on cocktails Friday, no more rides! :) 

Weather is shaping up to look really nice!

& thanks to help from @LaRea , it looks like Pau Hana (Glenn) will be driving back this morning from Mt. Vernon to Annapolis.  Hoping the boat is running well and will make it this weekend!!

Well, Pau Hana made it back yesterday & looks ready to go!

We will be heading up this evening. Weather looks perfect!!  Nice & Hot too!! :)

edited July 2018

I have some good news and bad news...not sure if the seaplane will be making it, or at least on Friday :( , but may show up briefly Saturday :)

Some good news.  It looks like Hawk Yachts will be driving up a new red Rinker Q7 Saturday afternoon!  That will be great to see them make it up there! :)  I know they had intentions on making it last year but couldn't make it up last minute.  Let's keep fingers crossed to see them.  Wind and water conditions look to be absolutely perfect!  So they should be able to fly right up there in that thing!! :)

edited July 2018

So, can I expect to see both @06Rinker270 & @DirtyThirty ???  Hard to complain about the nice weather and calm winds for the trip! :)  (Can anybody tell I'm psyched and ready to get on my boat this afternoon!?!?! :) )

Next year I'm going to get @Diggin2day1, @LaRea, @Raybo3, & yes @Handymans342 all to make it to Rinkervous!!!  (It'll probably be the last one for several people after hearing Raybo and Handy arguing! :) JK )

Oh, and Diggin', I can't wait to show our Rinker dealer the stuff you make! :)

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn - make sure that you show @Dirtythirty the “item” that I sent you... it was made from the failed table I attempted to make him!!! Lol. I’ll email you the pictures. 
    If someone could put me up comfortably in their boat I would fly up and I do mean comfortable preferably in a diesel boat .
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Handymans342  MY My...we are the choosy one...aren't we ?   If I was staying the night, I would offer you our accommodations,  But I'm afraid it wouldn't meet with your expectations !   :-)
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year.  Figures, it looks to be epic!  We just couldn’t swing the schedule. 

Im totally bummed 🙁 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we fly up there rent a Rinker buy some groceries, a Halloween costume, Truck load of beer, and join the festivities. You guy's really do a good job.  
    Boat Name :