2019 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
edited January 2019 in Northeast/Mid-Atlantic U.S.
While I'm quickly losing any tan I may have had from vacation, I'd like to start thinking about summer!!  :)

July 12-14th will be the 14th annual Chesapeake Rinkervous.  As usual, I plan to show up on Thursday (July 11th), allowing us to get the prime spot in Still Pond.  For those that aren't quite sure where it is, just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3-4 feet deep. 

The theme is a little bit different this year! Pick your favorite movie & decorate your boat, yourself, whatever, as you see according to that movie.  (ie, "Wizard of Oz"...add a carpet or something that looks like a yellow brick road, dress up as tin man or Dorothy or?  Hang a witch from the hardtop)  I've got some great plans for ours this year!

Chuck with the seaplane will be back again! (we set up the date at last year's Rinkervous) 

@LaRea and @Raybo3 both promised to make it this if they knew the dates early! :)  @Diggin2day1 also said he would hand deliver a prize this year!!  (really Diggin, just showing up would be special enough!) :)

Oh, and I'm in talks with both our local Rinker dealer (Hawk Yachts - whom brought a boat up last year) and they are also working with people from Rinker...they want to sponsor and get in to help us out for some of this action!  Plan to see a couple other different events this summer around the Chesapeake that won't just be raft-ups, but daytrips, marina outings, etc...

For now I'll gear this topic back to the Rinkervous, but it's all exciting great news!! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep checking out the location... mapping it out... I don’t think I stand a chance at making it there in my FV270 from Long Island!!! 
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 , it would be epic if we headed down together! It’s only a dream for me though, my wife’s pregnant with our second daughter! She’s due July 11th. Maybe I can convince my wife for a Rinkervous birth?!
    2008 330EC
    @aero3113 - that would be awesome! Congrats on the new addition to your family!!! I keep checking out the maps each year to see if there’s a way I could make the trip... there’s just no way. Sucks. 
  • SummerloveSummerlove Member Posts: 3
    We dock our 290 at the Skipjack on the Sasafrass and would love to join in Dream_Inn!! Please let us know what we can do to help!! We are also planning a weekend docked at Ego Ally, would love to meet up!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Wow! Congrats @aero3113 !  Gonna be a busy summer for you!  If it works out, make sure to give that new one a few rides on the boat this summer!

@diggin2day1 - Someday buddy!  I had really thought about it last year, trying to see if I could get you a seat on that seaplane.  If I had known he was coming solo and just for the day, it would've only been a short drive for you to catch the ride from NJ.  We need a special Rinker boat rental nearby! :)

@summerlove - The Sassafrass is a beautiful river!  & Skipjack's is really nice as well.  We often do a 10-day trip in August that involves somewhere up there (lately it's been on the bohemia with an anchoring on the Sass).  Please mark the date on your calendar, as we will stick to it.  Still Pond is not very far away for you!  Let us know when you come down our way as well.

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @Dream_Inn is there a place there that rents boats? I would not be able to make that trip with my boat but would love to make it there one of these years..... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    raybo3 said:
    @Dream_Inn is there a place there that rents boats? I would not be able to make that trip with my boat but would love to make it there one of these years..... 

I think a bunch of you should just rent the ole caddy shack boat.....:)

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23182645?guests=1&adults=1

edited January 2019
    Thanks @diggin2day1 !
     I just played with Navionics to see what it would take.

2008 330EC
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click "Go"!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    LoL!
    2008 330EC
    Yeah... too much open water for my 270! Lol
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do it.  I made it up there a couple years ago ... 200 miles, and then we went another 20 miles north.  
    I made it up to Atlantic City two summers ago.  Definitely was a nice trip!  That's quite a haul!  For the price of gas, just do the rental!

• seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    We will be there . It's one of the best times onew the water. 
  • MajorAppealMajorAppeal Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I’m back fellas! We stayed on land last year because our daughter was due in June. Now she’s almost one and we are in the water, docked at Long Beach Marina on Frog Mortar Creek in Middle River, looking forward to getting to as many as the Chesapeake Bay events as possible. @Dream_Inn is there a list of the Chesapeake events?
    @MajorAppeal - I do not have any official list of events yet.  I still need to work a little with the local Rinker dealer on that (I know he wanted to work in a few events).  But, make sure to make the Rinkervous, as it will be the highlight for the summer.  Congrats on the little one turning one!  I always enjoy seeing them start off early in boating!  This past weekend several people commented on how impressive it is to see my son running around tying the boats up and knowing exactly what to do.  It's because he has grown up around boating and absorbed all that knowledge from everyone.

Just for giggles I googled “boat rentals near  Betterton, MD” and really can’t find anything except small fishing skiffs...
    Just for giggles I googled “boat rentals near  Betterton, MD” and really can’t find anything except small fishing skiffs...

Yeah, it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. :)  That is what makes it so nice.  There are a few boat rentals all within about an hour ride away (but no Rinkers :( 

Well, definitely time to bring this one back up to the front! :)  I'd like to try to get a status of who may be coming (specifically anyone new) with kids?  We always like to make sure to plan some activities for them as well.  

I wanted to let everyone know I've gotten a great response from both Rinker and the Rinker dealer (Hawk Yachts) on this event.  It sounds like they are going all out with several new boats coming and many surprises! (Including people from Indiana)

For those that haven't been able to make it for one reason or another, this'll be the one you won't want to miss!  @dirtythirty @LaRea @ChesapeakeChiller @Chesapeake @06Rinker270 @Ransnan (just double checking)  @Diggin2day1 & @Raybo3 (you both need to rent a boat!!)  @Corral42 @seadogs (just a reminder:) )  @davidbrooks @bayrunner @MajorAppeal

I believe we can actually set a record for the most Rinkers rafted up together!! :smile:

If I had a bigger truck to pull my 280, I would make the trip. Unfortunately I won’t pull her across the Appalachian mountains with a F150. Local yes, long haul, no. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Dream_Inn, not going to make it this year, that Saturday is the start of our Yacht clubs week long Vacation cruise

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still on the fence.  I might have to be in Arlington one day that week, and it's hosing up our cruise plans.  We'll let you know!
    Oh man Randy!!  You just need to drag the route over to still pond on Saturday for a little time there! :)  Have fun!  We'll definitely miss you and Nancy this year!

@LaRea , you can always park your boat in an empty slip (lift) at our dock and go home for one day, seriously.  Then maybe that can allow you to extend the end of the trip.  I'll even have a spare car for you to use (it's not an Audi, but should work for a day or two :) )

Bump
    Go Steelers!!!
    I'm still not hearing from Patrick @06Rinker270 .  Patrick, we are having plenty of boats coming out of South river at various times if you want to follow someone up, just let me know.

@Dirtythirty - we've got to see that beautiful red Rinker!  There is another 420 coming as well, so it'd be neat to have both of you!  We'll even save a little deeper spot for you! :)  (& bring @trashman with you!)

@Chesapeake & @ChesapeakeChiller would love to meet both of you!  we are a very friendly bunch and there will be lots to do and a beautiful area to explore!

@MajorAppeal would love to meet you guys and your new daughter!  There should be a couple others coming with little ones that are less than 2 years old!  I love seeing the little ones start out right with early boating!

@davidbrooks & @bayrunner - I think you both are pretty local to me as well.  If you wanted to hook up some others going up from our marina as well, please let me know!.

& all of you, please register with Rinker so you can be put in the raffle for some of the prizes!  

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/10080/explore-with-rinker-rendezvous-chesapeake-bay#latest

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/10207/chesapeake-rinkervous-rsvp#latest

• DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn ...This year may be a challenge for me.  First.... all vacations at my work are cancelled for that week, which leaves me with the only option of coming down on Saturday and returning on Sunday.  That's an expensive ride for me to spend an overnight. (Although I would consider doing it),  The other issue, is that my generator has been on the fritz since the end of last year. Its a diesel Kohler, and I am having no luck finding anyone in my area to work on it.  The issue is something I will bring up in a separate post and look for suggestions. But the Still Pond problem is that I don't feel comfortable throwing the hook overnight without a generator to turn on during the day to supplement my fridge and water pump. I have even considered a portable strapped to the swim deck just to get me by.   I'm hoping I can get this issue resolved as it is hindering alot of my summer plans.  
    BTW...Trashman has relocated to my marina this year and we see alot of each other on a regular basis. 
    If I decide to bite the bullet and make the trip, I'll get in his ear about coming with us !

@Dirtythirty - sorry to hear about the work thing, I can understand that.  If you made it down, we can certainly hook you up with a little power to at least run your battery charger here and there.  (portable is definitely another good option).

We definitely hope to finally meet up with you!

• BayrunnerBayrunner Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for replying so late. I became a first time grandfather and have been busy babysitting. If I can get away I will try and make it.  
    Bayrunner -- FV312 - Simple Pleasure