2004 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee

billy737billy737 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
some winter upgrades I’ve done.

2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee Conroe TX

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Looks like you've been overhauled by @diggin2day1 ! :)  Looks really nice!  Those easy upgrades sure make the boat look completely new!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome Billy! Did you ever get around to swapping around that middle and bottom step?
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith, you claiming all that side work? LOL
  • cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Looks great Billy! It really looks nice the seats look perfect too. Very nice 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Keith, you claiming all that side work? LOL
    The steps and radar arch plates... yes. The table is not me, but I love it... actually gave me a few really good ideas!
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The table is nice for cocktails, but not for eating.  I picked up a rectangle shape table for the cockpit so we could eat up there.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Looks great! What kind of flood did you install in the cabin? Was it a DIY or something you had professionally done? Would love to get the carpet out of my 04 342 
    edited March 2019
    @McGarnicle the carpet is glued to the fiberglass.  It's a PIA to remove.  We installed LonSeal in ours.  It's all 1 piece so no seams.  The only up side to carpet is that it's not as cold on the feet.  

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/4036/the-new-flooring-is-in#latest

• billy737billy737 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Looks awesome Billy! Did you ever get around to swapping around that middle and bottom step?
    Yep and it only took 2 beers to get it done.  Thanks
    Looks great! What kind of flood did you install in the cabin? Was it a DIY or something you had professionally done? Would love to get the carpet out of my 04 342 
    It’s  fake wood that you can get from any flooring place bendable and kind of feels like a plastic but when it’s down you can’t tell it’s not wood 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    billy737 said:
    It’s  fake wood that you can get from any flooring place bendable and kind of feels like a plastic but when it’s down you can’t tell it’s not wood 
    That looks great! I was looking at some flooring today with the Admiral. Some were planks that were bendable and I saw some thick sheet faux wood flooring. I was thinking the sheet flooring would be easier to put down, but might look terrible. How did you deal with the slopes and where the wood meets the vertical carpet?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    billy737 said:
    That looks great! I was looking at some flooring today with the Admiral. Some were planks that were bendable and I saw some thick sheet faux wood flooring. I was thinking the sheet flooring would be easier to put down, but might look terrible. How did you deal with the slopes and where the wood meets the vertical carpet?
    It’s the  bendable kind and you just glue it down,  it’s also easy to cut .    It is time-consuming though because I went slow and did one down at a time 
  • CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    @billy737 when they did you floor did they add a sub floor or did they just sand level?
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
    If you're talking about vinyl plank, I think I'd lean more toward Lonseal or a similar sheet type product.  It's sold in a 6 foot wide roll.  So there are no seams.

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I also did the lonseal really easy to work with 
    Yep done and looks amazing! Thanks