Ahhhh the RV Life

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well guys I dont have to worry about alarms, water leaks, etc. I just sit back, crack open a cold one, relax and explore the country. Ahhhhhhhhh. Happy 4th!!

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice rig! All shiny and new looking. Give it a few years and see what crops up. I've got a gimbal bearing, you've got wheel bearings, and lot's of them. I've got a waste tank and plumbing, same as you. I burn fuel, lot's of it, you too, if you seriously ever travel anywhere besides down the road. I've got electrical to maintain, most of which is easy to get at. So do you, maybe not so easy to get at. Etc, etc.
    Face it Handy, you just traded a water yacht for a land yacht. Same crap, different surface. And don't even get me started on the Dodge!  :disappointed:

Seriously, have a great weekend and happy July 4th bud!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @Willhound I get 10mpg you get 1. My whole rig has AC. I would trade 10 wheel bearings for the expense of a gimbal. Oh and the full body paint never fades!  
    Well, I get more like 5mpg on my 270. And don't travel nearly as far as you might in that thing. So fuel per year probably about the same if you travel anywhere. Where we are AC is only useful about 2 nights a year, so don't need that hassle. Birds crap on your RV and sun beats it up just the same, just like a boat.
    All in fun buddy, doesn't matter the interest or hobby, there's always cost and work involved.
    But seriously, enjoy the holiday and have a cold one for me. I'm headed out the door to go to work. :'(
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Decided to sell our Rinker day boat.  Now we have to decide between a "land yacht" or a "water yacht" as Willhound puts it!  Decisions, decisions........

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

Buy an RV and see the country and not just some lake. 
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    I hear ya Handy!  And we could use it more that 3 months out of the year!!

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real men have real hobbies, Big toys. Lookin good Handy. It would be nice to have both, water world and land world. At least you will not get the bob's at the end of a long day on the water. Happy 4th. 
    Boat Name : 

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    That’s nice and you can camp in any Walmart parking lot free 
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    My son has a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK but he doesn't use it for leisure. He lives in it...lol. He had to have a 4 season camper. He works on the gas pipeline and currently is about 3 hours from home. They give him $1300/week housing per diem. His first site was Canton, Ohio and he lived in an extended stay for about $2500/month but then they sent him to WV 3 hours away and they didn't have any extended stays nearby so he bought the camper. Problem is he doesn't have a truck to tow it...lol. I towed it down with my old 2013 1500 Ram. The camper is about 6600lbs dry weight according to their site. Now he is near Altoona, PA. When he took it there he borrowed a company owned 2017 Duramax to tow it. Technically they aren't allowed to tow with company vehicles but his boss told him to go ahead. He has a company owned 2014 F150 but it doesn't have trailer brakes. I just bought a 2018 2500 Ram with the 6.4 Hemi and 4.10's so guess who will be towing it next time.
    He is wanting to buy a new or slightly used 2500 Cummins. The company will give him $1100/month for truck pay is he uses his own truck. He drives about 30,000-40,000 miles a year so wants a diesel for resale
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merica.  It's big enough for boaters to co-exist with lesser humans.  
    Lippert it is Al but that was a few years back. They have fixed the issues. Grand Design. Solitude. 
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    I would duck tape over the s = ad a A = just say n.
    like the colors...ozark mountains
    Alswagg said:
    You have a Grand Design?  No way!   That is the utmost best Toy Hauler built.  The owners are friends of mine and of coarse great customers.  The lead engineer went to school with my daughter and is also a great customer.  A couple years ago GD sold to Winnebago but are still the utmost best.  You are very lucky.  They are built just North of Middlebury on the border Indiana and Michigan.    Essentially you buying that, helped my customers pay me to service their boats which paid for our House in Michigan.  Thanks.  Alb
    We were high on the Jayco too because they make their own frame. Full body paint, generator, dual pane windows too! I will let you know if I have any issues. Planning on doing some suspension upgrades next year. Going to add a Reese goose neck as well. 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvn said:
    Decided to sell our Rinker day boat.  Now we have to decide between a "land yacht" or a "water yacht" as Willhound puts it!  Decisions, decisions........

Mark
    Motorhome and toe behind a few jet skis. Best of both worlds.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    My son bought his Grand Design because co-workers of his said they were one of the best. almost everyone he works with lives in a camper
    The goose neck frees up the bed space and since my truck has the factory goose ball its a no brainer. My Ram has a 5200 lb payload with air bags, no extra springs needed. With the 410 rear and Aisin tranny its quite the beast. Rated to tow 31K. I will install disc brakes prior to going full time along with the roadmaster spring and shock upgrades. I need room in the bed for two 5 gallon jugs of diesel and 2 extra propane tanks. I already installed a 40 gallon fuel box as well. 
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    Well guys I dont have to worry about alarms, water leaks, etc. I just sit back, crack open a cold one, relax and explore the country. Ahhhhhhhhh. Happy 4th!!
    Road beers are the best! Don’t drink too many until you get that parked and set up!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for not working on a motor home! 
    Road beers are the best! Don’t drink too many until you get that parked and set up!
    Can't wait to hit all the brew pubs all over the country!
    Willhound said:
    That's what you get for picking on me
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Link worked for me. Brilliant idea actually.  :D
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't work for be
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 did you get moved? 
    Boat Name : 

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RV = Retirement Vehicle

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RV = replacement vessel
    LaRea said:
    RV = replacement vessel
    They don't call it a "land yacht" for nothing!
    shawnmjr said:
    You guys are dumb. That's a house boat
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it is now handy!
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @Dream_Inn does handy have special powers I have read this thread many times and yet it says I have 15 new posts to read.