Tracked by the Military!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in General Boating Discussions
No. I'm not paranoid. While crossing the lake earlier this week we noticed an odd looking aircraft flying circuits nearby. After several minutes it made several lower level passes over us in what seemed like they were using us as part of their training program. They passed directly overhead several times and came in from multiple vectors to do it. Kind of neat! Crap pictures from my old phone but I beleive it to be a Canadian military Hercules C130. Widely used around the world.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270

Comments

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Canada uses planes, the us uses drones! I've spoken to two diffent people, one in a sailboat returning from the bahamas maybe 30 miles from Miami and another fishing in a CC at least 10 miles off shore in Tampa that had drones appear from no where, hoover over the boat for a few moments then fly off. 

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, looks like a C-130. Wife flew in one when a captain in the R.C.A.F. A lot of them fly out of  CFB Trenton as that is a also a SAR-TEC launch point.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canada has a military? Lol
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PickleRick yep. You need them. All the drugs and illegal entries you get down there. A shame that they have to hassle Every body else though.  We've seen them in Florida while charter fishing.
    @Michael T there is an airstrip at Base Borden that regularly has C130's so not surprised to see one here.  A big salute to your wife for serving in the military. Not a patriotic thing, I was actually an Air Cadet for several years but eventually couldn't handle all the rules. But if I'd stayed my life would likely be much better. 
    @Handymans342 yep. Not as big and mighty as yours. But decent for our population. And historically we are noted for our bravery and sacrifice. And we've never withdrew from a campaign before our time. 
    Oh...and although The U.S. considers the War of 1812 as a draw, we actually won and even managed to burn down the Whitehouse at the time. Look it up.
    Three longest sniper kill shots in recorded history were made in Afghanistan by two CANADIAN snipers. No one made a movie of them but the records stand. My wife taught urban warfare tactics to NATO troops on special assignment training to Holland and was on the Canadian Armed Forces Shooting Team. I don't give her any sass until I'm a couple of kilometers away! LOL.

Willhound said:
    @PickleRick yep. You need them. All the drugs and illegal entries you get down there. A shame that they have to hassle Every body else though.  We've seen them in Florida while charter fishing.
    Its a full time job, keeping you cauncks north of the border lol
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C130  bad A$$ airplane. I still see them from time to time doing touch and goes at local airport. Always a hit at airshows. First built in 1954 over 2500 were made. Can carry 42,000 lbs. I'll get off my soap box. 
    Boat Name : 

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Michael T said:
    Three longest sniper kill shots in recorded history were made in Afghanistan by two CANADIAN snipers. No one made a movie of them but the records stand. My wife taught urban warfare tactics to NATO troops on special assignment training to Holland and was on the Canadian Armed Forces Shooting Team. I don't give her any sass until I'm a couple of kilometers away! LOL.

Sorry to inform you, but a British SAS sniper destroyed that record two years ago. 
    Post edited by 212rowboat on
    Florida is now considering changing the law to allow Canadiens to stay here longer than 6 months. Oh god. 
    Florida is now considering changing the law to allow Canadiens to stay here longer than 6 months. Oh god. 
    Florida is run on tourist dollars but Floridians hate tourists.  
    Florida is run on tourist dollars but Floridians hate tourists.  
    I know. Its because they drive up all the prices.
    Living in warm/and or coastal regions also drives up the prices.  My state gets most of our tourists during the summer, it's the traffic that bugs me.
    Technically we don't drive up the prices. The businesses see an opportunity to take advantage of a market that is willing to spend so raise their prices while we're there. Semantics maybe and same result. But look at the bright side. You wouldn't have nearly the amount of businesses, services and restaurants to choose from and the employment in the off season unless there is a high season to create revenue. I get it though. Our area is a big summer tourist destination with the lake and our local beaches and we all breath a sigh of relief after Labour Day when things get quieter. Good with the bad I guess.

Your beer and gas is so disgustingly cheap to us, even at higher prices that we just can't help ourselves!  :p
    The keys in particular are not being scewed by tourists. Tourists didnt buy up all the destroyed low income homes and parks after Irma.  Tourists also didnt make the new regulations that forbid many of the destroyed or damaged older floor level homes from being repaired.  
    @212rowboat are you sure? Just got off the e.mail with my wife's friend a retired Canadian Special Forces Officer from JTF-2. He said "nope" . Longest shot by far Canadian sniper Sean O'Quin at 3,875 yards with the SAS Officer Craig Harrison a distant third at 2,707 yards. 
    ****BREAKING NEWS*****
    Canada just announced they are recalling their black face Prime Minister. LOL
    Ours is black faced and yours is Orange. Hey! Halloween must be coming! :D
    Willhound said:
    Ours is black faced and yours is Orange. Hey! Halloween must be coming! :D
    Good one Will!!!
    edited September 2019
    Would you kind and generous Americans PLEASE offer asylum (ASSylum in his case) to Trudeau pronounced TURD- OH. :-) 
    Michael T said:
    Would you kind and generous Americans PLEASE offer asylum (ASSylum in his case) to Trudeau pronounced TURD- OH. :-) 
    No MT. He represents Canadians. LMAO
    Michael T said:
    Sorry Mike. I think they already have their hands full with an out of control leader...
    @Willhound......IMO whatever Mr. T may say to generate controversy he made me a lot of money in the stock market, made the cheap ba$tards in NATO pay more of their share of world defense, is the ONLY President to meaningfully take-on China and Iran and has the $hit scared out of KJI. Plus the fact that he makes the liberal media and entitled Hollywood parasites froth at the mouth and make ridiculous claims and statements is priceless. Watched him in a press scrum the other day and IMO he had a better capability to reply to divergent questions that Saunders/Warren and the lot combined. Want the USA to become a laughing stock - instead of respected and feared - how about electing a mental case like Booker-Ocasio-Beto.......scaaaaary! Give me Mr T. any day compared to that useless wimp Obama and now his potential replacements. IMO  
    Well said MT!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going down a very slippery slope.
    edited September 2019
    Im all for seeing a bigger push on immigration reform or just enforce the immigration laws that are aleady in place.  Makes me sick seeing retired Americans who've worked all their lives struggle to pay medial bills yet illegals get free medical care and ebt(food stamps) to boot.  

Im also all for bringing manufacturing and textile jobs back to America.  You guys in the Pittsburg steel areas see the same thing i see around the old cotton mills, the mill villages that used to be vibrant thriving communities replaced by drug houses, neighborhoods i used to trick or treat in as a child.  Screw protecting China's interest.  Lets make shoes, tvs, phones etc for Americans in America.

While we're at it, yes let's do our part to keep Iran and n. Korea in check.

edited September 2019
    America has helped the world immensely for decades. Think the Marshall Plan after WW ll. How many nations rebuild their enemies (who attacked them) countries after a war. Yes, America benefited from the work but American money re-built Europe. Europe has repaid this unprecedented generosity by grossly underpaying their NATO commitment, underpaying their share of U.N. Peacekeeping and Aid, and now trading with Iran and other terrorist states. IMO Americans are an awesome Can-Do nation that can prosper in the face of almost any odds but IMO Americans must now put themselves and their nation first for THEIR future generations. Call it Jacksonian Diplomacy if you want but I call it fair justice for Americans. IMO it is now time for America to re-take their past (earned) place in the world order before China and Russia prevail. IMO - silly journalist baiting and democrat baiting comments aside - you have a President who has instilled fear and respect abroad. Make no mistake.....where I travel NO one wants to paint a line in the sand (think wimpy Obama) in front of Trump.  Trump has re-instilled respect (yes , fear too, abroad). Amen to that, finally! I had a conversation with a Mexican American yesterday by the pool. He said, "I immigrated to the U.S. LEGALLY , when I was twenty. It took me 10 years to get all of my extended family to the U.S. - LEGALLY. I started a landscaping company. I now employ 50 workers. ALL of my family and I have paid our taxes ALWAYS. Five members have served in the Armed Forces of the United States. My fellow Mexican brothers now cross the border ILLEGALLY - they pay no taxes, abuse the social assistance system and work for dirt cheap "under the table cash payments" that they send back to Mexico to "coyotes" to get more ILLEGALS across. He was pi$$ed. I (MT) was in American schools for grades 7-9. We had great political debates which no matter how partisan were respectful. Politics in the U.S. and in Canada IMO has gone to H3ll. These highly paid idiots fight for the sake of a fight. We the poor slobs paying their bloated salaries are getting killed. It is time someone kicked the can, drained the swamp and was a "disrupter". IMO than man is Donald Trump. IMO.....God help us all if the far left crazies that have taken-over the Democrats (U.S.) and Liberals (Canada) get/retain power. Finally, when I was in the American School there were three things that would guarantee a fight. Insulting a guy's mother, sister or the President. You did that you better have a dental plan and cover your nuts. What the h3ll has happened? NOW - I feel better. Respect to all from Aruba - MT.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang MT 
    Boat Name : 

This discussion has been closed.