Options

2019 290 EX with 6.2 Volvo

I posted a while back about my 2019 290 EX max RPM's.  Wanted to know if anyone with a 290 EX and Volvo 6.2 liter 380 can tell me there max RPM and or top speed.  I get 40.9 MPH at 5100 RPM's. Volvo states in their owners manual that if i am not getting between 5600 and 6000 with that motor it will put too much strain on it and eventually damage it.  I would think Rinker would engineer the prop and lower unit on a brand new boat to operate within the motors recommended RPM range. 

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with your particular engine, and prop setup, but I do know from experience, elevation can drastically change performance.  I live at 7100 ft, and regularly boat at about 3000 ft.  The difference in power from the boat is MAJOR at those different places.  Just an idea....
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    salcolkatsalcolkat Member Posts: 11
    I confirmed with Rinker the F5 prop and 2.14 lower unit are correct for the boat.  
  • Options
    Alswagg said:
    Do not trust Rinker. They are not Volvo technicians.  Call your dealer.  

I got the prop/lower unit information from Rinker without telling them i was having a problem.  I just ask the parts dept. what prop/lower unit goes on the 290 with my motor.  I didn't think they would have any reason to be dishonest about a simple question. 
  • Options
    I am at sea level