Merry Christmas!!!

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to wish all of you and your family a Merry Christmas... 

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. And to everyone on the forum 🎁 🎄 
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all!!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember what Christmas really means and stop thinking about boats and alchohol!!  LOL
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and happy festivus!!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Rinker family!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Merry and Safe Christmas to everyone on the RBOC. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to everyone. May you and your loved one's have a safe and happy holiday season.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas fellow boating brothers 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all from the great white north 
  • skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Merry Christmas to my boating family!  May you all have wonderful friends and family to enjoy it with!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all - and for those in the warm climates with boats in, have a great day out there.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    A slightly belated Merry Christmas to everyone.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wish everyone a belated Boxing Day, but most of you might not even know what that is since our friends in the U.S. tossed out that tradition when they tossed all that tea into Boston Harbour. In British Commonwealth countries December 26th is a statutory holiday known as Boxing Day. Historically it was the day that servants and trades people were given off in lieu of Christmas Day since they would be serving their wealthy or royal employers that day. A "Christmas Box" was given out with gifts and/or money and workers were allowed to have the day off to visit their families.
    So not a great history, but it does mean that in Canada we get an extra day off at Christmas with most businesses and offices closed. Some retailers open to offer "Boxing Day" blow out sales in case anybody has any money left. Sort of a "pre-Black Friday" event. It wasn't until the mid 90's that some retailers broke the law of by opening and eventually the law was amended to allow a wider range of business' to open but workers are entitled their regular pay as well as the statutory holiday pay, so many employees will volunteer to work for the extra pay.
    I sat on my a$$ and ate leftover turkey!
    edited December 2019
    As a Canadian, how does it feel that a Russian is on pace break the goal record set by "the great one"?

As a penguins fan i hate the caps anyway, hated them even more when Jager went to play for them...so naturally i hate all caps players/coaches/etc

My team has had some terrific generational talent.  Jager and lemieux then Crosby and Malkin.  While Malkin and Jager would both be super stars on nearly any other team they played/play behind arguably the best in the league.  It's unfortunate that health issues casued so many lost games for Crosby and lemieux, especially Super Mario where neither reached the mile stones they could have. Still great resumes but the amount of games they both lost in their prime and still such amazing numbers, it's easy to wonder what if???

If lemieux had beaten gretzkys record id be a little peeved over ovie breaking it.  I just dont consider ovi much of a team player.  

1987 team Canada imho best hockey team ever.    Not just because of 66 and 99, the supporting cast was scary.  
    Oddly enough for a Canadian, I'm not a huge hockey fan. Sure, I'll watch a game and have played it, but have tended to be more interested in individual sports and motor sports. Agree on the '87 team.
    As far as records, they are meant to be broken. Sure, Gretzky and Lemieux were way ahead of their time and Gretzky's records were phenomenal in their day, but the players these days are constantly becoming bigger, faster, better conditioned, etc. so no doubt in my mind it will eventually happen. Like him or hate him, Ovechkin is a beast.
    Well when I was a kid I had the pleasure to watch just about every game that the great #4 Bobby Orr played. I know people think I am a homer (lol) but IMHO he was the greatest of all time. He change the way the game is played.... Go look at some youtube videos of him and I am sure everyone will agree........... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Hahahahah. OVI did
    edited December 2019
    No doubt the game has changed, lemieux was the closest anyone has come to the single season points total gretzky put out for years, 200 plus points a season just isnt happening unless major changes are made in how the game is played.    Gretzky wasn't the best skater or stick handler, he was just 4 steps ahead anyone else on the ice.  Even after his time in LA when he was "washed up" he was right at a ppg guy.   That is one heII of a washed up player.

Howe was amazing but I'm a little impartial to say that lemieux, the line backer size power forward who skated like a 5 ft 8 power skater was an equal when it came to play making ability as well as hockey IQ.  A majority of lemieuxs career was in low scoring clutch and grab, trap style and insanely large goalie pad/glove era.  Hextall was the worst i can remember with over sized everything, then again flyers are always the worst.

Had it not been for health issues,  he dressed in a private locker room for a while where trainers had to dress him.  Mario didn't want his team seeing how much pain he was in.  Not to mention he returned to a season 20 some odd games in, had his last chemo therapy right before hitting the ice and stole the scoring title that year.  

Not sure anyone has a hockey story that can top that.

Post edited by raybo3 on
    @PickleRick said "Not sure anyone has a hockey story that can top that."

Check out the story of Bobby Orr's knee surgeries and how he couldn't walk. I once saw Bobby Orr take the puck and started skating in circles and killed almost a whole 2 minute penalty by himself.  Mario Lemieux was an amazing player to say the least. I would take Lemieux over Gretzky any day of the week but for me its Orr....... Just say'n
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ovi not a team player?  Explain.   

Sports allegiances are such an odd form of expression.  In no other facet of modern social life is it acceptable to say "I hate all <insert group here>".  Exception:  it is always acceptable to dis the Dallas Cowboys.  
    edited December 2019
    Ovi can play on my team any time he wants...... @Handymans342 has a man crush on him... Just say'n...........bahahahahaha
    Would be fun to see a gretzky vs lemieux vs orr and toss in ovi for handy 1 on one tournament...all in their prime.  

Orr and lemieux both had major health issues in their prime that cost them dearly. Orr could have played into the late 80s possibly and mario could have possibly won a cup with Malkin and Crosby....twice. 
    raybo3 said:
    Ovi can play on my team any time he wants...... @Handymans342 has a man crush on him... Just say'n...........bahahahahaha
    Catching up to Orr on PP goals
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Reverting the thread.... hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. Coz I don’t post we’re away when we are - there are programs that look for those messages etc for use by nefarious types - I can now say we had a great time in Denver this week with older son and his GF and her 2 boys and our other son joined us for 4 days down from Bozeman MT. Great to be all together at Christmas for the first time in 3 years. Also nice to be home, especially after delays out of Denver from mechanical issues and weather that gave us an overnight in Chicago.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

edited December 2019
    Correct me if im wrong but orr played what 36 games a season and no forward passing era????   Ovi plays on a team whos pp plan is always...pass to ovi for the 1 timer lol

If you look at ppg over their career its 

Gretzky
    Lemieux
    Bossy
    Orr

Crosby back in 6th and Malkin in the teens.  Ovi is in the 20s lol...

Id expext a dip in all the active players production as they continue to age.