SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD! 2014 360 RINKER: 2 YRS MERC FULL PLATINUM WARRANTY

bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
THIS BEAUTY HAS MOVED ON TO ANOTHER PROUD OWNER OF ONE OF MT's PRISTINE FLEET!

ONE OF A KIND 2014 360 EXPRESS CRUISER
asking price of
PRICE REDUCTION-  $174,500U.S
Considering all serious offers. P.M me, I would love for this BEAUTY to go to a Rinker forum member.
This pristine 360 is presented in showroom condition. Message me and come view for yourself, take a road trip to Chicago Yacht Works for a viewing (SHE IS STORDED INDOOR HEATED)
250 HRS 
THIS WAS THE PRIDE OF MT'S FLEET ! 
Post edited by bry1429 on

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one buying I take it?
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Inventory is low
    but market is actually soft right now and sales are tough.
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the MSRP on a 2014 360?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Don't really know for sure @YYZRC, I think @Michael T paid in the ballpark of 300+ all said and done with all the bells n whistles.(maybe he will chime in) I know the Epoxy Barrier Coat bottom job was top at notch approx 5k, the extended warranty was 15k. This boat is literally a one of a kind. It's a rare find for a Full Factory Mercruiser warranty to come with a 5-6 yr old boat, the piece of mind that comes with the transferable warranty sells this boat on its own. Skipper Buds did the boat blue book on it in Sept at 225 on the high side retail if they were to broker it.
    It would be nice to see someone on this forum to take the Helm but I am in no hurry to sell, actually looking forward to the spring on Lake Michigan.
    I had 2 sales contracts on her for the asking price in Sept, both fell apart at time of financing. Had a few tire kickers last month.
    Most banks will give you new boat financing rates on boats 10yrs or so new. May get some lookers after the Chicago Boat Show🤞

Post edited by bry1429 on
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429 do you have it listed with any brokers or on your own right now? I've always had tremendous luck with boattrader.com on by own but nothing from them when I sold my 342 last fall. Was odd how l had zero leads in August & Sept. Then POP yachts got me tremendous traction in Sept/Oct, but in the end someone from our marina bought it from my ad on the board by the mens room. Had it not been for them though POP would have sold it. May I ask why the financing fell through twice? Banks declined buyers or buyers got cold feet on payments? I have been told many times that its shocking how many boat sales fall through due to no fault of the boat, purely bank or buyer. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

edited January 2020
    @Liberty44140 , for sale by owner, she is on boat trader. The one buyer got through the boat loan process with flying colors until the bank started the U.S Coast guard documentation process most banks require it to be documented when financing.
    Turned out He is an undocumented citizen. Traditional Boat Loan was declined. He then tried equity loans, etc....no go. I felt bad because he spent money on survey. 
      2nd buyer lost his job half way through the bank process. He is trying now to get back on his feet to purchase and even tried getting his parents to buy it until he was stable again, guess his parents don't love him that much 💰 😟
     Like I stated, I am in no hurry now to sell that heated storage is already spent, that was my only motivation to sell buy November. 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man what a bummer on those and sorry for those situations. Thanks for sharing. It will move in the next few months, getting in to prime season. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I have the same boat.  Mine is Volvo Powered and has been a constant pia.  Never again will I buy Volvo as the customer service is as bad as the product.  I have had several Mercruisers and never had a major issue.

I LOVE the boat and layout.  This one would be a fantastic boat to own.   Someone is going to be very happy!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok- buying my lottery ticket, will call you monday to transfer the money...but if you don't hear from me, well, you know...what a boat.
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG I want this, do I really need a house???
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you just got married so I'd forget that idea!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    @bry1429 - yes, I'd be happy to chime-in! I paid over 300K USD for the EC 360 you purchased from me and that did not include the 5K for the bottom coat or the 15K for the Platinum Mercruiser Factory Transferable Warranty on Engines, Drives, Axius, DTS and related electronics. That warranty is the best in the business and I received personal (written) assurance from Mercruiser that they would honor it with speed and quality. I'd also be happy to answer detailed questions from any prospective buyer. Bryan you may feel free to pass my personal home contact information including personal e.mail and telephone number to any serious buyer. As well you have the original survey which rated this boat "better than new and the best condition Rinker this surveyor had ever been on".  This is an awesome boat. To be frank, I can not imagine why anyone would purchase a new EC360- when this boat is available and is IMO - better than new.

edited January 2020
    @JoeStang ....Joe the EC 360 IS a house! :-) Joe, I have been off the forum for a while but I still remember the pictures you used to post of the great looking women who used to flock to your Rinker! .....So you got MARRIED? How did I miss that? I must be getting senile! You posted pictures, right?

OK I just went onto the Rinker Forum search engine and entered Joe Stang Married? and the reply was  "Are you nuts?" ......so, now I need proof - pictures will do - even better if a photograph of a marriage licence is also posted. :-)
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    OK I just went onto the Rinker Forum search engine and entered Joe Stang Married? and the reply was  "Are you nuts?" ......so, now I need proof - pictures will do - even better if a photograph of a marriage licence is also posted. :-)
    LoL! That’s funny!!
    2008 330EC
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    @JoeStang ....Joe the EC 360 IS a house! :-) Joe, I have been off the forum for a while but I still remember the pictures you used to post of the great looking women who used to flock to your Rinker! .....So you got MARRIED? How did I miss that? I must be getting senile! You posted pictures, right?

MT, yes it is true, I'm a married man (again!). We made it official in Key West this past October. What an amazing place that is, and I need to go back soon.

While the variety of girls on my boat has definitely decreased, the amount of "fun" has not. Plus, she makes as much $$ as me, so who knows maybe a 360 isnt out of the question in the future.

Image may contain one or more people people sitting and drink

Image may contain 1 person standing sky tree and outdoor
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    Beautiful. thanks Joe and all the very best to you and your lovely-looking Admiral. As for the 360.....may I recommend Bryan's?
    Hey, @bry1429 ....I'm not stalking you or my former EC 360  :-) but I would love an up-date. Spring is just around the corner and I would love to see your beauty have a new owner - that's if you still have her for sale. I certainly have a soft spot for this boat as it is the most perfect boat I will ever own. If you have the time could you post an up-date?
    Hey @Michael T I took her off the market for a month during winter. She is back on the Market, someone will be getting a Georgeous high performance beauty!
    She has the full Mercruiser warranty until June 1st 2022 that you originally purchased. That's one of the reasons I purchased sight unseen from you. Warranty is worth its weight in gold 💰
    Make me an offer MT 😁
    Hope all is well down in your Turk's n Caicos 🏝 
    It is awesome down here in the T&C. Fly back home this Wednesday after 7+ weeks. If I was a few (ha ha) years younger I would by her back. There is NOTHING (IMO) left to do!
    Michael T said:
    Hey, @bry1429 ....I'm not stalking you or my former EC 360  :-) but I would love an up-date. Spring is just around the corner and I would love to see your beauty have a new owner - that's if you still have her for sale. I certainly have a soft spot for this boat as it is the most perfect boat I will ever own. If you have the time could you post an up-date?
    Hi Michael!
    There a 2 very interested buyers. Thing is, my boat yard is on lock-down, so NO ONE is allowed in to view/inspect my beauty, Not even me.
     I find that odd they won't let us in to gain access to our possession , I understand not allowing brokers and buyers but not the owner of what is my 2nd home.
    What's your thoughts ?
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bry1429 , I understand why the marina is doing that but you’re right. You should be able to get access to your property.
    2008 330EC
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call. I can understand you wanting to "access your property" but on the other hand Michigan is under a "Shelter in Place" order except for absolutely necessary travel, i.e. food, healthcare etc.
    Just my opinion but I don't think you wanting to access your boat is life or death. I think your argument that it is your second home is also somewhat tenuous, particularly if not in the water. Just the phrase "second home" is a first world problem. Your are not homeless and needing shelter on your boat.
    So I wouldn't blame the boatyard, I'd instead focus on your personal moral responsibility to not be travelling about when it isn't necessary. Again, nothing personal, just a broad statement on what it's going to take to stop this thing.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • jscottfamily4jscottfamily4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, is this Rinker still for sale ? If yes ; how is it coming with a full warranty when it's 2014 ?  How does the seadek hold up in direct sunlight and the elements ? 
    (Really is a good looking boat)
    thanx,  J
    edited April 2020
    @jscottfamily4 ,
    Hi, yes its for sale. The boat yard where its currently stored at is closed for business under the Chicago city limits Covid virus. Hopefully I will hear something positive of boat yard openings for May 1st.

The fine gentleman I purchased it from (MT) had purchased an Extended warranty directly from Mercruiser for $15,000 just before I took posession,  there is a bit over 2yrs left on said transferrable warranty. 
     The flooring is not seadek brand,  its Marine Mat brand and its Awesome, we really love it, it gets  just a little bit warm (not hot) in direct sunlight and the elements have yet to effect it whatsoever. We have a complete 2nd set new in the box for future use. 
    I agree with the "really good looking boat" comment, thank you.
    Please message me with any detailed questions you may have.
    See link below for the sales ad, I have it brokered through CYW, I have it listed for less here for forum members (still somewhat flexible on that) make me a respectable offer.
    You will not Find a 2014 beauty fully loaded like this one in new like condition with a full warranty on the market.

Used 2014 Rinker 360 Express Cruiser, 60608 Chicago - Boat Trader
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll vouch for the MarineMat quality, we compared many when I was looking to replace the carpet on our 310 and it seemed much better - and cooler - than the samples provided by SeaDek. Color holds up well, cleaning is a breeze and great on the feet. I have pictures posted here for an alternative look.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    If I can find the pics I'll post them, but I use Simple Green (recommended by MarineMat) - and it works wonders on cleaning them up. And I agree with @icoultha that the MarineMat seems cooler than SeaDeck.
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    I use boat soap @TonyG13, works well. We sat the samples out in the sun and some were nearly 3rd degree burn level. MarineMat got quite warm but cooler than others and cooled off faster.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta give the boat soap a try. Lots cheaper than Simple Green.
    edited April 2020
    Hey @bry1429 I can now add my 2 cents thanks to Moderator @raybo3  who has, once again, got me back onto the forum. I think my internet provider's router kicks me off from time to time or maybe the Admiral does something LOL.....IMO your boat HAS to sell at the price you are offering. It was just "broken-in" when I sold it to you and still has low hours on it. Yes, the Platinum "no questions asked" Mercruiser Warranty is 15K but IMO worth every penny. I really didn't have any concerns about the quality or longevity of the Mercruiser equipment or electronics package because it was all top quality. I bought the warranty just in case of future sale. Because the engines/drives/generator were all broken-in better than by-the-book and I serviced it OCD with an open check book I knew it would remain in top condition way past any warranty. This was confirmed by the surveyor who printed 50 pages or so of engine/drive/generator data and said to me..."I have never seen a boat better treated". I know under COVID19 people are nervous but IMO  now is the exact time to make great deals!!!!! As a friend who put six figures into the American Stock Market three weeks ago told me last night.....":Best financial move I ever made, the stocks I purchased three weeks ago have gone up an average of 28%". My math says he made USD28K in three weeks and the market was near bottom. IMO your boat is that kind of a deal - perfection at a great price. If I was 10 years younger..........P.S. don't hesitate to give out my personal e.mail address or home phone number to an interested buyer as I put this custom rig together after a lot of research and boating experience.
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope all Rinkers are appreciating at 28%!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay