Toaster/air fryer oven in cabinet

PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Non-Boating Related
I really dont like microwaves and want a decent size toaster oven to mount in the cabinet under my sink where the refrigerator used to be.  I'm thinking of using 3/8 ply to finish in the space as a cabinet so my electronics also inside the cabinet assembly see little to no heat. Inside the cabinet i will have adhesive aluminum backing directly on the plywood as well as a deflector with approx 1/2 clearance from wood on top/back sides and bottom so all the heat generated must be pushed out the front of the doorless cabinet.  

Do you guys think i should add a 12 volt computer tower fan and thermo resistor to the back of the cabinet to come on when it reaches say 120 degrees it pushes cool air through?

I want toast/fries/English muffins on the boat but don't want a fire hazard.

Please forgive the spaghetti madness, this pic was taken as i was in the process of rewiring the stereo system, adding an amp as well as moving 120v receptacles around the boat instead of all stuck inside this opening.  This had a 12 disc CD changer from the 90s stuck deep inside there as well.   Even with the wiring gone this is an eye sore id like to take care of before laying down new carpet.   I plan on removing the alcohol stove on top and putting a coffee maker in its place.  

Would be nice to finish it so the toaster oven looks like a wall mount oven and a little slide out drawer above it.  I seriously lack storage space on this boat compared to my sanjuan 26

Comments