Options

Fridge stopped working after power surge but light come on.

biggrobb30biggrobb30 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2019 in Rinker Support Q&A
I have a Rinker 340. I had a power surge when I turned my generator on and every since then my fridge will not cool. Any ideas on the issue or how to remove it from the V berth? 

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Might pull the fridge (make sure the power is off) and look for fuses on the back. 

If it's a dual power fridge have you tried on both DC and AC power?  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Thanks... No I haven't it's been plugged to shore power every since. I called norcold and they didn't have a freaking clue. 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cockpit firge had a little 5amp fuse on the back of the fridge.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Thanks reneechris14 but this is my vee berth and I have no idea how to get behind it. There are no screws in the front
  • Options
    Are you able to get inside the v-berth?  In my 342 I can remove the cushions, and there are storage tubs that can be removed to allow access inside the v-berth.  Maybe there is a way in like that.

Also, there has to be something holding the fridge in place.  Not seen any marine fridge that didn't have a flange and screw along the outside edge.  Maybe there is a trim piece covering the screws.

• Options
    I removed the tub and  fridge is still boxed in .  I'm wondering if I have to take top of the berth off? 
  • Options
    If it's in a box there should be a way to pull it out from the front.  I'd think someone with a 340 on here would know how to get it removed.  In my case there were screws you could see from the front.  

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s your larger salon fridge their could be two fuses, mine had two on the larger fridge, both in the same panel 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I remember correctly, the stove top needs to be removed to get to the screws that hold the fridge in ... as others have indicated, you should check to see if a fuse has blown.

Before I'd do all that, I'd put on shore power and see if the 120V to the fridge is working.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"