Bow/Anchor wash down.

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone installed a fresh water wash down at the bow of the boat? Would be nice to rinse the anchor and bow. Could you tee off of the cabin sink? Or would a separate pump be a better option?
2008 330EC

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea a lot of the boats we looked at had that and I thought it was a nice upgrade. Would love to add it off of the raw water wash down pump...
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought this was a necessary thing. Wash it with a hose back at the marina? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    I don’t have a windlass and have to manually pull mine in every time and when I’m trying to get the 100lbs of mud off my anchor it goes everywhere and by the time I get back to the marina it is usually pretty dry and hard to get off. I would love this feature. 
    Good point
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I wouldn't have thought this was a necessary thing. Wash it with a hose back at the marina? 
    Yea, mud sitting and baking in the sun takes a while to clean. Would spray right off at the time you need it. You can also spray your anchor line as it comes up if you have a windless (don’t forget I’m in salt water.). Spray yourself down to cool off if your just hanging out. 
    2008 330EC
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    This is also an option
    Interesting @goalie59
    It seems like the the best way to do it would be with a dedicated pump to get the pressure you would want. Would be nice to plumb it into the factory fresh water tank. This guy installed his own tank.
    https://youtu.be/Oba0bjv8W4g
    2008 330EC
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    If I’m not in a rush after I retrieve a muddy anchor I’ll let it hang in 3-4 feet of water & idle along for a ways. Cleans em off pretty quick. Obviously need to be super careful.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a definite nice to have, but Why not just hose er down when you get to the dock? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    mattie said:
    If I’m not in a rush after I retrieve a muddy anchor I’ll let it hang in 3-4 feet of water & idle along for a ways. Cleans em off pretty quick. Obviously need to be super careful.
    I do similar but also pull it up and drop (by hand) just under the waterline to wash it off. Where we are the mud is thick and like grease and sticks like s&^t to a blanket but a few up and drop back down cycles its nice and clean. Then I let the windlass pull it up fully. Rarely need to hose off later.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

edited March 2020
    With my 242 I would clean by hand like you guys say, I would get the anchor 80-90% clean most of the time but still always manage to get crap all over the bow. I guess it depends on the type of mud you set your anchor in. On the south shore of Long Island you either set in clean sand that won’t hold or mud that would hold an aircraft carrier! And that mud is black, sticks like tar and stinks! I don’t have fingers at my slip so can’t walk up the dock and spray down the anchor. Dragging the hose through the cockpit up through the window to get to the anchor is a pain (will be tougher on the 330) let alone doing it with your wife a toddler and a two year old on deck. I think it would save a lot of time. 
    2008 330EC
    edited March 2020
    Also, if @javhav had one set up, he could use it in his videos.....
    2008 330EC
    This is a raw water pick up install for you fresh water guys. I would’ve tried everything possible to have the hose up at the bow.

https://youtu.be/3ocWG_uIxvg
    2008 330EC
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    This is a raw water pick up install for you fresh water guys. I would’ve tried everything possible to have the hose up at the bow.

https://youtu.be/3ocWG_uIxvg
    Maybe it's cabin fever, but that video was really good.  :)
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I am going to tackle this - will try a tee at the galley faucet first rather than a dedicated pump. Comments appreciated on:

1) what type of faucet to install?

https://www.thechandleryonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=341#description   looks like a good option

2) hot or cold water? Tempted to use hot because why not?! I suppose it will rarely be hot after being anchored for hours/overnight

3) where in anchor locker to mount spigot 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time you warm up the motors to pull anchor, you'll have hot water (if it's plumbed that way).  
    @YYZRC if you use the galley pump you will most likely not get the pressure you will want. Maybe a good nozzle will help. You can replace the galley pump with one that puts out more pressure and install a regulator for the sinks/toilet and transom shower but you might have to run a separate line to the bow.
    2008 330EC
    edited August 2020
    Good point @LaRea

I think I will try the existing line first and if the pressure isn’t sufficient I will upgrade the pump. The Jabsco city water connector regulates to 45psi I believe so the fixtures must all handle that at a minimum.
    Here it is!!

• mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Need a hose-cart near me whenever I eat Taco Bell too.

Love that stuff.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current