Options

Air Conditioner Newbie, Some Questions.

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was playing around with my AC today. When I first turned it on I set it to 65 and the cabin was at 66. Only the fan was blowing, the compressor wasn’t on and no indicator light next to the snowflake. I kept it like this for a while thinking it would kick on, still just the fan. I think it was in auto mode, is this why the ac didn’t come on? After a while I turned the system off and back on, the compressor came on. I think at that time the cabin was at 67. I had cold air with the indicator light on next to the snowflake. What did I do wrong the first time? Also, what is the purpose of the main/air conditioner switch? There’s also 2 other ac breakers (there’s one on the right that isn’t in the second pic). This was all on shore power.

2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you first turned it on was it pumping water? When I first turned mine on it wasn't pumping water and took a bit to cycle on and get water thru it. Just a thought 🤷🏽‍♂️
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    The switch flips the feed displayed on the meter between the 2 incoming lines. Main is your main shore power, A/C is that one. That way to can see if you have power on both.

Re not kicking in at first a temperature difference of only a degree may not be enough to switch to cooling so when it said 67 that was enough to kick in compressor.

If you have a Vector Compact I have attached the manual, there are some programming options also you may want to adjust.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    @Aqua_Aura mine wasn’t pumping water because the compressor wasn’t on, just the fan. Once the compressor kicked on it was pumping water.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thanks @icoultha , the manual you posted isn’t working.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a odd and it came over into my phone okay. Anyone else see it - or not?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The manual works for me.  

Maybe that's why mine wasn't pumping water initially last year. I assumed since I just put it in there was air in the line and it was just taking some time to prime. These systems definitely need to have the manual on board because they are not exactly user friendly, lots of odd button pushing. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Ian said is right, 1 degree isnt enough. If you set it to 65 and the actual is 66, it wont come on. You needed to turn it down to 63 (if it will go that low). If you had turned it up to 70, the heat would have kicked on! I believe you need at least 2 degrees of difference. Totally normal. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    I think the lowest it will go is 65.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I thought so.....
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    You can always turn the temp up and see if heat kicks on with compressor.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    You can always turn the temp up and see if heat kicks on with compressor.
    Yes, I did that and it kicked on.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I was able to load the manual now, thank you.
    2008 330EC