For sale: 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 320

LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of my dock neighbors is selling his 2005 FV 320.  He already bought his next boat, so he needs this one to get gone.  He's asking $39k, which is below NADA.  It has the Volvo composite outdrives, both recently replaced.  Boat is in good shape, but hasn't been detailed yet, so don't look too closely at the photo.  

Oh - and it has a bow thruster! 

For details, see the listing here:  https://dominionyachts.com/inventory/detail/7086559-2005-Rinker-320-Express-Cruiser  

Post edited by LaRea on

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    FYI this boat has been listed by Dominion Yachts for $39,900.

Powered by twin 5.0L Volvo Close cooled motors with 380 hours and a Kohler 5Kw  generator with only 78 hours. 

https://dominionyachts.com/inventory/detail/7086559-2005-Rinker-320-Express-Cruiser
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you consider my 05 270 5 years ago I paid 32, I'd think that a pretty good deal.
    No doubt.  He wants to own one boat, not two.  
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a dynamite deal but your buddy needs to fire that broker today as he is short selling the boat. That broker has pics of a 270 or something like it mixed in to the ad, makes it look like the boat has a super small galley and v birth, those galley pics are not a 320. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    I agree, there is one galley shot that is definitely not the 320.  I think the rest are ok.  But it throws things off.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Thanks you guys, I'll let him know.  
  • cmelt2003cmelt2003 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    So, I am assuming this is a salt water boat?
    Fresh water since 2007, but it does have fresh water flush kits.   
    Bump, this 320 is still for sale.  Listed at $39.9k, owner willing to deal.
    Bump.  Great chance for a late-season buy on this 320.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new member welcome 
    Let the headaches begin I mean questions begin.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    LaRea -- I bought it! I found you and this forum as I was doing some post-purchase research. Very excited to get it out on the water this season. Maybe run in to you on the Potomac!
    AWESOME!!  Welcome to the Rinker family!  For sure let's get together on the water!
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! Congratulations!! 🍾 
    2008 330EC
    @natalee520 -- Where will you be keeping the boat?  

I know the previous owner well, and have enjoyed many raft-ups with the boat that is now yours.  
  • natalee520natalee520 Member Posts: 21
    LaRea said:
    @natalee520 -- Where will you be keeping the boat?  

I know the previous owner well, and have enjoyed many raft-ups with the boat that is now yours.  
    @LaRea, I live in DC so I am keeping it at James Creek Marina. I'm out of town with my family right now with the quarantines in place, but I'll let you know when I'm back and can take it out -- would be great to meet up for a raft-up! I'll be easy to find too -- I'm keeping the boat's original name (though it has a little different context for me than for him, I think!). 
    Another new member welcome 
    Let the headaches begin I mean questions begin.
    Haha I am sure I will have MANY! 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @natalee520 Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your new boat.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    edited April 2020
    Haha - I'd think twice about keeping the name!  Every time we heard somebody on the radio calling "Pop-pop, Pop-pop, Pop-pop ..." we would always think it was the Coast Guard making a "pan-pan" call!  

When are you taking delivery?  She was still at MVYC last time I looked.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  I used to have a 2002 310, basically the same boat.  You will love it!  Good luck!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@LaRea, a friend is picking it up on my behalf tomorrow since I am still out of town. :)
    They will pass within about ten feet of my boat!  Tell them I'm the blue 370 at the end of A-dock.  I might be there in the afternoon.  
    Just missed her.  We were parking the car as she passed our slip, and we were pulling out of the marina as she got on plane.  Looked good!
  • Volkl1996Volkl1996 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @natalee520 I'm looking at a 2006 320 and would love to hear your experiences to date. I'll be keeping my next boat at Hope Springs Marina in Stafford, VA. Dominion Yachts sold my last two boats for me. 

From the description it looks like the one you bought has the Volvo composite outdrives? Did that concern you?
    Hi @Volkl1996, I’m sorry for my delayed response, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here so I’m sorry if you pulled the trigger already on a boat. So, the short of it is I love my boat, but if I’m being honest, I’m probably in a little over my head. It’s my first boat and I am not mechanically inclined, so a few things have been a bit challenging (especially as I’ve been dealing with a bit of engine issues of late). But I find it very easy to drive and a lot of fun, the cabin is great, and it has all the amenities I was looking for. I also think the previous owner took really good care of it, so it was really in pretty good shape for its age when I got it. For the price, I also felt like I got a lot more bang for my buck with a Rinker than other brands. 

It’s funny you ask about the XDP drives. It didn’t concern me, because I didn’t know any better. I only found out a month ago from a mechanic what an issue they could be. And I did everything I thought I was supposed to do before buying the boat — I got a survey and sent oil samples away and consulted two friends with boat experience and had a long chat with my insurance agent and everything — and no one mentioned the drives to me. Nothing I can do about it now. And, not sure how the price I paid compared to what a boat with better drives would have been, but the surveyor seemed to think it was in line with value, so I probably would have had to pay more for non XDPs. They’ve worked fine for the 15 years the boat has been working and I’m going to cross my fingers they keep working. I’m also wondering if I should keep the boat or not, and mentally preparing for the expense of replacing them if I do. 

I’m not sure if that’s helpful at all or not. But good luck with whatever you decide, looking forward to seeing you out on the water!
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the problems you're having? I should start providing therapy sessions, pretty sure my boat has been the #1 problem boat on this forum from the first day of ownership.
  • Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I looked at this boat last year, the owner had the drives rebuilt by All American Drives in 2018 I believe. Might still have a little warranty left if needed. 
  • rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    What is the apparently well known problem with the XPD drives?  
    Given all the corrosion issues suffered by Bravo 3 drives, Volvo had a good idea to try a composite drive.  Unfortunately, the XPD drives had reliability issues.  I think All American has a 2-year warranty.  

@natalee520 let us help you with the engine issues!  What's going on?