Options

2005 270 Shower Sump

Hi All

Just getting to know my 2005 270. Can I ask how the shower sump works. Is there a switch somewhere to operate the pump?

Thanks
Rinker 270 instagram diary : sea_dream

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have a plastic box in the mid bilge with a pump in it that turns on automatically as the box fills with water from the shower drain. 

There is also another bilge pump in the mid bilge outside of the plastic box to pump any other water out. That pump is probably wired into your bilge pump switch at the helm. 

I don't think the shower bilge is tied into the switch as well but it may be that the bilge switch turns on all 3 if not 2. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shower sump is float switch only. Not on bilge pump switch.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    BathbuoyBathbuoy Member Posts: 15
    Great thanks, mine doesn't seem to be working, so maybe a fault with the pump as the box is full of water.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    That box does need some cleaning every now and then, depending on how much the shower is used.  It could just be clogged.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    BathbuoyBathbuoy Member Posts: 15
    Ok thanks will take a look tomorrow. I did notice the rectangle of mesh was outside the box, so will put that back in and check for any blockages.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The float on the pump usually needs cleaned. You can pull it out, unplug it and clean with hot water. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    CounselorphilCounselorphil Member Posts: 73
    Greetings;
    Same thing with our shower pump when we first got our 2004 FV270....tried cleaning and nothing worked....it operated with the internal float switch...ended up purchasing a new unit and installing:  Johnson 12V 1000 GPH Multi Port Shower Pump with Switch