Hello

Peter13Peter13 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
First of all, I would like to apologize for the strange school English, but in order to be able to talk to you at least in a slightly understandable way, I am sending my sentences via the google translator.
My name is Peter, I live in Germany and I drive a Rinker 250 FV which I imported from Nebraska.
My friend Boris (blaubatu) had helped me a lot at the time and also asked a few questions about it here in the forum. I also registered here at the time, but unfortunately my access data are not correct and so I have just registered again.
Best Regards from Cologne send´s Peter .

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Hallo Peter und willkommen im Message Board, Hoffentlich macht diese Übersetzung Sinn. Ich glaube, ich erinnere mich, dass Ihr Freund Fragen für Sie gestellt hat und Sie hoffentlich die Antworten bekommen haben, die Sie brauchten. Das ist ein langer Weg, um alles zu verschiffen, besonders ein Boot, ich würde gerne hören, wie das gelaufen ist. Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, was Sie sonst noch benötigen.
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Welcome to the forum @Peter13

@Aqua_Aura now we can’t read it!! 😂
    2008 330EC
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    That makes two of us. Hopefully he can cause I just used Google Translate 😃
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Hallo Peter und willkommen im Message Board, Hoffentlich macht diese Übersetzung Sinn. Ich glaube, ich erinnere mich, dass Ihr Freund Fragen für Sie gestellt hat und Sie hoffentlich die Antworten bekommen haben, die Sie brauchten. Das ist ein langer Weg, um alles zu verschiffen, besonders ein Boot, ich würde gerne hören, wie das gelaufen ist. Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, was Sie sonst noch benötigen.
    You know you didn’t have to call us those names…. :o

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Peter13Peter13 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Hello aero3113,
    Thank you very much !
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Peter13 Welcome to the RBOC. Ask any question you may have.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Hello aqua_aura,

Yes, that's right, a friend asked me a few questions at the time and was also very helpful in other ways.
    The trip from Nebraska to me in Germany was quite exciting. First, the Rinker was pulled on its trailer from Nebraska / Iowa to Baltimore. After bad weather, burst tires, it arrived in the port and had to stand for 2 weeks because a strong storm made the crossing impossible. During this time the tarpaulin broke and a few other things. Unfortunately, the Rinker didn't look so sexy afterwards when she arrived at the port of Belgium in Zeebrugge. My friend picked them up from there and put them in his boat shed, where we went almost every weekend and the rinkers repaired and made them pretty. We then went on vacation with her to Croatia, where unfortunately another accident happened and she had to go back to Germany for repairs. We now use them every weekend in the Netherlands, where we have a port. So she no longer has to travel back and forth on the continent, but makes us enjoyable hours in the fresh water of the Netherlands during the season. It is currently in a hall in winter storage.
    @ raybo3 : Thank You !
    I would like to hang a small television in the cabin for next year. About 22 max 24 inches. I would like to hang this on the outside of the small cupboard. Is that feasible? I will then have to organize a suitable wall bracket. How did you do that without blocking the cabinet with a TV? It would also be great if it could be folded from the ceiling above the bed, but then the self-locking stainless steel screws peek out of the deck next to the Bomar hatch, it doesn't look nice either :-)
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Peter13 many have come up with great ideas for a TV in that location. Hopefully they will see this and post pics for you.
    2008 330EC
    aero3113 : Yes i hope  :) .

Alternatively, it would also be possible to mount it on the side wall of the kitchen block, probably even easier, as it is just a wooden wall without foam and leatherette cladding. The only disadvantage would be that I have neither a 12 volt nor a 230 (110) volt connection there and that would have to cabling and installing everything first. On the other hand, these are already laid out nicely in the closet.
    raybo3 : Thank you !
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Peter13  Welcome to the forum.  Lots of helpful people here for your new Rinker as well as some fun stuff as well.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Welcome Peter!  Would love to see some pictures of your boating area as I'm sure it's beautiful.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@Peter13  Welcome to the forum.  Lots of helpful people here for your new Rinker as well as some fun stuff as well.
    Thank You halifax212 !
    Dream_Inn said:
    Welcome Peter!  Would love to see some pictures of your boating area as I'm sure it's beautiful.
    Thank´s Dream_Inn !
    Do you mean pictures of our rinkers, or pictures of our area where we drove and are currently driving in the Netherlands?
    Peter13 said:
    Dream_Inn said:
    Thank´s Dream_Inn !
    Do you mean pictures of our rinkers, or pictures of our area where we drove and are currently driving in the Netherlands?

Pictures of both.  Always love to see the Rinkers, but would love to see that area in the Netherlands too

Dream_Inn said:
    Peter13 said:
    Dream_Inn said:
    Thank´s Dream_Inn !

Pictures of both.  Always love to see the Rinkers, but would love to see that area in the Netherlands too
    I'll have a look what I find and try to upload it here
    Freshly cleaned, polished and with a new trailer ready for collection at home.

Great pictures but the water is too dirty for me....LOL Best of luck with your new boat.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Looks to be in great shape.
    edited November 2021
    Thank´s !
    And Yes , in Netherland the Water is unfortunately not so clear and clean as in the Adriatic Sea in Croatia around the Island of Rab .
    Spyderweb said:
    Looks to be in great shape.
    In the meantime, yes, but it was also a lot of work and investment. 
    And as it is with boats ... every year something different comes up that has to be done :#
    Great pics & that water looks so nice!!

@Peter13 I was only kidding as the water in your pictures are crystal clear. Not so much so in my area.... 
    edited November 2021
    Dream_Inn & raybo3 , 
    the pictures on which the water looks so beautiful is the Adriatic Sea in Croatia, the water in Netherlands is not so beautiful. The only thing that might be better in the long run is fresh water.
    Post edited by Peter13 on
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome to see our brothers from another mother in another country, welcome from me in FL- how long is your boating season, how big of an industry is pleasure boating? Just never thought about you guys there....thanks for joining!
    Hello rasbury ,

thank you .

many of us stay around the Year in the Water . My Boating Season runs from April to October . 
    Our Boat Industry is already very big and all in all more expensive than in the USA .