Options

Losing Perspective

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
OK gang I will make this short and sweet. We as a group (some more than others) are losing perspective of what this forum is supposed to be. I spend way too much time taking care of this forum (for no pay or benny's) too have to put up with this aggravation and non-sence. These political and personal attack posts are getting way out of hand and the complaints are piling up. I don't need the BS. So either tone it down or shutting down the site or just banning members will be the outcome. I am going back (it will take some time) and deleting some post. If you posted something and it gets deleted use that as your warning. The next time the member will be deleted. 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the time you put in. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I second that motion. And agree it is time.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. It's like the trench warfare in WW I . Each side is hunkered down in their trench on their side and once in a while pops up to take a cheap shot. Start the armistice now.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    The whole world has lost perspective.  I am with @raybo3

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are straight up hypocrites (and you know who I am talking about). I guess everyone has forgotten how many times I have been attacked for having a slow oil slugging boat when I was RinkerYan. etc. Then when I famously got rid of it and got an RV the attacks came again. Some pictures attacking me and what I have and some words as well. Did I go to the Admins and cry about it??? Nooooooo. And now you can't even post a joke cartoon because it offended a particular people who have a different opinion? They were funny and sadly true as well!! What have we come to as a people or a forum of great guys with great ideas and values that you can't even post a funny cartoon on a non boating joke thread to boot and it's gets cancelled!! And @rasbury, you can't take a joke anymore and please we don't need threads explaining illnesses on a boat forum either for crying out loud. Everyone has issues but we don't make them public.  Now I realize I have been bad but I like to joke, it's just my nature and I have spoke to Raybo and Dream and I think I have chilled out (I am trying hard). So let's just move forward and chill out. Don't forget that it was a few on here that made Alswagg leave and it wasn't me. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people just need to realize how things come across on a forum that has very little back and forth open dialogue. I am sure if any of us were together in person we could go back and forth all day and laugh at one another however that is lost in the online forum setting. Just need to keep it light and stay on topic. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @Handymans342 I didn't single out you or anyone for that matter. Me and you went back and forth on many many topics. I know it was in good fun but it also wasn't a personal attack and that's what's been happening. Personal attacks on groups of people and individuals also. So now I am sick and tired of it and it's not going to be tolerated. Even in your "statement" you had to state "and its true". No it's not true but its your beliefs. That's fine to have your beliefs but it shouldn't be jammed down everyone's throat and that's what's been happening with many members. I have a ton of PM's about it. So IMO it's time to tone it down. Nothing good comes from talking politics. This is a boating forum that has helped TONS of people, so let's get back to boating. Maybe I will just delete the "Non-Boating" category. Nuff said.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy weekend everyone.  

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I think people just need to realize how things come across on a forum that has very little back and forth open dialogue. I am sure if any of us were together in person we could go back and forth all day and laugh at one another however that is lost in the online forum setting. Just need to keep it light and stay on topic. 
    This is so true! If we were all together BSing it would come across totally different and everything would be fine. 
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    @Handymans342 I didn't single out you or anyone for that matter. Me and you went back and forth on many many topics. I know it was in good fun but it also wasn't a personal attack and that's what's been happening. Personal attacks on groups of people and individuals also. So now I am sick and tired of it and it's not going to be tolerated. Even in your "statement" you had to state "and its true". No it's not true but its your beliefs. That's fine to have your beliefs but it shouldn't be jammed down everyone's throat and that's what's been happening with many members. I have a ton of PM's about it. So IMO it's time to tone it down. Nothing good comes from talking politics. This is a boating forum that has helped TONS of people, so let's get back to boating. Maybe I will just delete the "Non-Boating" category. Nuff said.
    Uh yes you and Dream did but I don't care. Are you going back and look at all the attacks on me on all the threads going back several years? I didn't think so
  • Options
    Remember guys that you can't inject tone on emails, texts or forums, etc. I have met and talked to a lot of guys on here and I love all of you (especially Silvia lol)
    and I don't hold any animosity towards anyone. If you guys want to kick me off of here let the admins know. 
  • Options
    Steve I agree, text, email and forums are just words. However I am a little (very little...lol) offended with "attacks on me". Are you freaking kidding me? Do you remember you saying to me, "your one of the only few who gets my sense of humor"? how many times of those attacks were followed up with texts or phone calls. "people on the forum must think we hate each other". It was all tongue in cheek and never personal. You know that. Anyhow this is getting old. Just say'n
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Ive never been on any kind of forum before till I joined this one and its great  ...seems after the whole covid thing and the election everything and everyone got crazy >So Im  just sticking to the boating $hit and hope Al comes back if I have a problem with my boat I can ask him   HAVE A GREAT BOATING WEEKEND Im going to take my cover off and get to work 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I totally agree this is a boating forum I find it interesting the varying opinions of any topic that drifts from boating being acceptable or not. Most of the boating or mechanical issues can easily be tracked down with simple Google inquiries. A forum community in any category generally pulls the people side into it as a community.look at the same of the site address in your browser. Some people do care about their fellow man, some do not unless they agree on the topic.. And, I understand that some people do not see any forum as a place to develop friendships and concern for each other after years of being on here...and others want to pick and chose. I have had what I would say attacks on my beliefs that were no where intended as a joke with politics and other topics deemed political. I boats forum which I have participated in the past has way more resources for boat repair than this forum does- but this forum has always been a little more intimate for lack of a better word as we get to know our boats and also each other. So as usual, a few will decide what is acceptable and that might vary from who is posting. Any of us has the ability with a mouse to not read a particular topic or thread but yet a lot will go right to the gutter with personal attacks- and then complain.

I'm sorry if I bored anyone with my personal problems and will take the time, if I can figure out how, delete any of my posts that are in any way personal.  I think the percentage of the thousands of questions and comments that are personal is relatively small and will look at this forum like an I boats or similar site.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands down the best tool for cutting fibreglass is an angle grinder. It sure beats replacing blades every thirty seconds. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Hands down the best tool for cutting fibreglass is an angle grinder. It sure beats replacing blades every thirty seconds. 
    I don’t know if you meant to post this in this thread but you made me laugh!😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    YYZRC said:
    I don’t know if you meant to post this in this thread but you made me laugh!😂
    He was drunk
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not not drunk. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    I am with Handy. I have people here complaining about me ask about hardtop for my boat and calling me Bs. It was nothing about politics and people still giving crap. To soft to have a difference opinion for everything. See you
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff you just made me laugh also!😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Appreciate everything you do @raybo3 to make this forum what it is. Politics is a very polarizing subject that I try to keep separate from something as great as boating. And @Handymans342 maybe I’m in the minority but I love your sense of humor, keep up the good work!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I check in almost daily for my fix and to be honest I enjoy the perspectives of the community members more than the "how to" threads these days. When a topic like gas prices is started and you listen to members reply from all corners of the US, Canada, as well as the UK opinions,  it helps one to try to make sense of it all. The political posts I will glance over but usually just "mark as read" until the next day. If all non boating topics are banned I would most likely tune a couple months a year (my boating season) and that would be sad.  Have to respect the mods here dealing with the complaints and making tough decisions regarding direction of the site. We do enough of that at our jobs day in and day out.  We all banded together in the early days of Covid for comfort and gave our support to Ras when he needed it. It's more than a boating site now. Peace Out.
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    @raybo3 Thanks for being a moderator on the site.  Please do not shut it down.  I stick to the boating questions and was sorry to see Alswagg go because of the BS and politics being posted on the site.  I am on my second Rinker now (a 19.2) and will have a few more questions about it once my boating season starts.    

• Options
    I check in almost daily for my fix and to be honest I enjoy the perspectives of the community members more than the "how to" threads these days. When a topic like gas prices is started and you listen to members reply from all corners of the US, Canada, as well as the UK opinions,  it helps one to try to make sense of it all. The political posts I will glance over but usually just "mark as read" until the next day. If all non boating topics are banned I would most likely tune a couple months a year (my boating season) and that would be sad.  Have to respect the mods here dealing with the complaints and making tough decisions regarding direction of the site. We do enough of that at our jobs day in and day out.  We all banded together in the early days of Covid for comfort and gave our support to Ras when he needed it. It's more than a boating site now. Peace Out.

I have no problems with opinions my problem is with the name calling and attacks on other members and groups of people. Nobody should have to come on a boating site and be insulted in any way. We did band together during the whole covid thing and now that its coming to an end we are getting on each others case over political opinions, in my mind is crossing the line. I want to keep this forum the great helpful and informative friendly site its been known for. I was told nothing good can come out of talking politics or religion, no truer words were ever spoken....... 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Raybo does it for the power. He may say he hates it and it's a PITA but he loves canceling people or comments that he or Dream don't like wether it's political or not. It's all about the power. Sad. I should be a Moderator!!!!
  • Options
    Raybo does it for the power. He may say he hates it and it's a PITA but he loves canceling people or comments that he or Dream don't like wether it's political or not. It's all about the power. Sad. I should be a Moderator!!!!
    You keep it up and you wont be a member. Simple as that!!
  • Options
    Could someone please explain to me why the truth hurts so much whether it's an article or a cartoon or a joke. If it's true it should stay just sayin