Options

Losing Perspective

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    They are sensitive subjects at times and just because you think it's true doesn't mean others agree and that is what causes the problems. For example the subject of fuel prices needs to be left at just that fuel prices not why they are high and all the politics behind it, those discussions are better for in person. I frequently go boating with a friend who has very opposing views as I do and we can talk in great detail about those views and just joke around and keep it light. If I didn't know him and that discussion happened on here it probably wouldn't work so well for the reasons I said before, it is a very closed discussion on a message board. 

If it's something simple like gas vs diesel that's easy diesel is better and we can all agree a hardtop is better than a softop 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    We know why the fuel prices is so HIGH right now. Ignorant people in power, but if some people  don't want to knowledge it is up to them, keep drinking the poor kooler and and cont paid  $7 for gallon of fuel.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    They are sensitive subjects at times and just because you think it's true doesn't mean others agree and that is what causes the problems. For example the subject of fuel prices needs to be left at just that fuel prices not why they are high and all the politics behind it, those discussions are better for in person. I frequently go boating with a friend who has very opposing views as I do and we can talk in great detail about those views and just joke around and keep it light. If I didn't know him and that discussion happened on here it probably wouldn't work so well for the reasons I said before, it is a very closed discussion on a message board. 

If it's something simple like gas vs diesel that's easy diesel is better and we can all agree a hardtop is better than a softop 🤣
    I agree with you but I wasn't talking about politics. If I say 2+2 is 4 and there are some who would give a different answer even though there is only one right answer. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please explain to me why the truth hurts so much whether it's an article or a cartoon or a joke. If it's true it should stay just sayin
    Because it's your version of the truth.  Not everyone's.
    Pushing a particular view on politics, religion or sexual orientation is the surest way to kill a relationship/friendship. We all have different personal beliefs. This isn't the forum to air them.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Could someone please explain to me why the truth hurts so much whether it's an article or a cartoon or a joke. If it's true it should stay just sayin
    Because it's your version of the truth.  Not everyone's.
    Pushing a particular view on politics, religion or sexual orientation is the surest way to kill a relationship/friendship. We all have different personal beliefs. This isn't the forum to air them.
    What did I do?
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You took a perfectly benign conversation on the recent state of fuel prices and made it political. Political policy can affect fuel prices but it's only part of the story and can take years to have an effect. What is happening today likely startrd January 20th, 2017. Just sayin'.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    You took a perfectly benign conversation on the recent state of fuel prices and made it political. Political policy can affect fuel prices but it's only part of the story and can take years to have an effect. What is happening today likely startrd January 20th, 2017. Just sayin'.
    I did not and the thread was deleted
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    oscar1 said:
    We know why the fuel prices is so HIGH right now. Ignorant people in power, but if some people  don't want to knowledge it is up to them, keep drinking the poor kooler and and cont paid  $7 for gallon of fuel.
    And this is exactly what @raybo3 is talking about. Enough of the BS guys.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Willhound said:
    haaaaaa funny
  • Options
    Do you believe paid $7 dollars a gallons is a perfect conversation, why we can not get to the root of the problem, like why you have to delete post you don't like it. WE can talk about boat, woman, car, politic and boat project without to put anyone down, because I know for sure we all have different opinion. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Hands down the best forum there is - I'm on a number of them and at my age I have been around longer than most on this forum. It IS wise (as several members said) to remember that email/posting text does not convey the necessary information (tone/visual expression) to provide cues that soften words. COVID, spiralling prices on everything, rapidly rising inflation, assaults on our 401Ks, murderous tyrants killing the innocent and nutty politicians have all conspired to tear families asunder. Many things have been said that have harmed friendships that have nothing to do with the conversation but are a by-product of the anger and frustration with world circumstances that has built-up in everyone. Pre-school children are being sent tp psychologists, in droves, as they reflect the anger and frustration of their parents and society. These are stressful, frightening times. Being a moderator is a thankless job, which we all need to remember. It is essentially being a referee ( I was an accredited referee in four sports) often everyone hated my call! This is one of the last refuges of decency and valuable information. I have been on this forum long enough to feel that if I found myself in a trench during a war and I was surrounded by the "guys" on this forum I would at least die among honorable men. Respectfully, we should all be careful in these dark times to remember what a great bunch we are and how luck we are to have each other and the wonderful lifestyles we have. A Ukrainian friend of mine has a brother in Donbas who left Canada for the Ukraine to join the Ukrainian Army because of his high tech skills. He hasn't been able to contact him for a week. That is the real life for many. Others struggle to pay bills and have to choose between food or medicine. We are the blessed few. BTW Steve is harmless.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I still think everyone is missing the point. It's the personal attacks on people and groups of people that have been removed. Also I found those stupid cartoons insulting. Me and Handy were going back and forth pretty good a while ago and I think what happened there, I was kidding around just busting his chops. I thought we were both playing around but evidently he took it seriously. The personal attacks wont be tolerated. Handy remember "how many libs does it take to change a light". Not funny but very insulting, "dumb dems". Those are the things that need to stop along with the personal individual insults. Trust me it's not just Handy but he asked "what did I do". It's a freaking boating forum and we are supposed to be boating brothers and sisters. This forum has always been about helping brothers and sisters and making everyone laugh. Lets just get back to that. Handy you think its about power and control but its really about keeping the forum as best as possible without the crap. Happy and safe boating everyone!!!!!!!!!!!   
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Cartoons were insulting?  

W O W 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey lake bum yeah they were. It wasn't bugs bunny or Donald duck. They were targeting people. So yes they were insulting 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    oscar1 said:
    Perfect example. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    J3ff said:
    oscar1 said:
    Perfect example. 
    It is true 18 month ago we were not having the incredible inflation in food, and everything else, emigration was under control, we didn't have to buy BABY FORMULA OVERSEA, fuel prices was record low, real state market was not sky rocket, every terrorist group was on check, no missile were firing for north Korea, People were not fire for their job because they didn't want to take a experimental vaccine, 13 military member were kill in afghanistan for the stupidity way-out,  etcccc, so tell me what is not true, because we all are paying for it.
  • Options
    oscar1 said:
    J3ff said:
    oscar1 said:
    Perfect example. 
    It is true 18 month ago we were not having the incredible inflation in food, and everything else, emigration was under control, we didn't have to buy BABY FORMULA OVERSEA, fuel prices was record low, real state market was not sky rocket, every terrorist group was on check, no missile were firing for north Korea, People were not fire for their job because they didn't want to take a experimental vaccine, 13 military member were kill in afghanistan for the stupidity way-out,  etcccc, so tell me what is not true, because we all are paying for it.
    No one wants to argue about what you think is true. Half of the things you list are not factual.. but again, that's not the purpose of why we come here. Which you and a few others don't seem to understand. 
  • Options
    So let's just start a thread to vent and if you don't want to read it DONT OPEN THE THREAD!
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Hey lake bum yeah they were. It wasn't bugs bunny or Donald duck. They were targeting people. So yes they were insulting 
    Were they insulting to you only Ray because the redneck cartoons of RVs were insulting to me and targeted to me only and were not erased. There were many many cartoons on Joke of the Day that some people were offended by I'm sure but they were not erased. This is called the cancel culture and Ray I know you cancel stuff because you don't like it but I bet my RV you wouldn't delete a Trump cartoon. 
  • Options
    Handy, are you only here to cause trouble? It sure seems like it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
     J3ff said:
    oscar1 said:
    J3ff said:
    oscar1 said:
    Perfect example. 
    No one wants to argue about what you think is true. Half of the things you list are not factual.. but again, that's not the purpose of why we come here. Which you and a few others don't seem to understand. 
    Yes, you are 200% right, why we are not able to understand why some don't see it. I love democrat president they make my real state business BOOM, until they balloon blow up, and we can buy more properties to penny to the dollars, 2008 and it will happen in 2023, But I can see how the rest of the people suffer under their watch. Another thing you are right this is a boating forum.  
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    And I'm hoping property values do go boom and crash... so I can stop living on this small boat!  :D  absolutely no chance of buying a home anywhere in FL right now.. 
  • Options
    Be patient is going to happen very soon
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Handy, are you only here to cause trouble? It sure seems like it. 
    Your comment is highly offensive to me
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    We need a hide thread/conversation option.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I need to get my boat in the water 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    me too haha.....engine is still full of antifreeze.
  • Options
    mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 107 ✭✭