Options

Anyone have a boat loan broker you like?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have googled it, starting to think about upgrading for real. Timing isn't right just yet, but I can see a couple empty slips at my marina becoming open on the horizon (6 -12 months from now).  Really want that Searay 370 venture for various reasons (mainly the outboards and 2ndly the cockpit layout is just awesome) - figured I should do a little bit of a search for a broker that helps with loans.. 

Anyone have one? 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seabrite Financial does a decent job. I worked with a different company when I got my 280, but the name escapes me. The loan was through M&T bank. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    We got our loan through the broker - who shall remain nameless since we weren't pleased with them - but they did give us a choice of banks and we went with Flagstar. They've been great. Here's their link: https://www.flagstar.com/personal/boat-loans.html

Edit: Weird, just looked at their current boat loan site and it says: "Open to residents in California, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin only." Must have changed some of their covered territories.
  • Options
    Hmm.. okay, thanks. Yeah I had never heard of a "loan broker" but someone else is saying that it's the way to go. Not that I'm 100% sold on this being the path, but I'll try it. 

Either of these boats would do, I'm partially leaning towards the white hull as keeping my black hulled boat looking good has been a challenge (and I have a few dock scratches!!)

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2013-sea-ray-370-venture-8312632/
    2013 Sea Ray 370 Venture

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2013-sea-ray-370-venture-8444753/
    2013 Sea Ray 370 Venture

Just need them to drop another 100k !!!   :D

There are so many reasons why this would be an amazing bachelor pad.. love the fact that the actual cooking station is upstairs, don't really like cooking downstairs.. could put an oven downstairs if really needed. Not having a separate shower is kind of a bummer, but reviews say it is "huge" downstairs... so the outboards become more important than a shower. 

If anyone sees one that got swallowed up by IAN, please let us know!!

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No hardtop??
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Nah, less to blow away in a storm!! 

Honestly it's all about the cabin layout to me. Check it out man. Have never seen anything with wrap around windows and a REAL bedroom with a table up front. They had a winner with this boat, too bad they made less than 100 of them!! 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did. No shower stall. No hardtop. Canvas. It would have been an epic boat in the early 2000s but they introduced it 10 years too late. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay