Need more lockable/closeable storage on a 270.

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
Reaching out here today to see if any of you can come up with an idea of how to do  this, but with half the effort:

That storage around the top shelf is awesome, but I doubt there's anyone in the keys that could pull that off for any reasonable price. Has anyone found any kind of storage box that fit's in there nicely? Or does anyone have any other kind of idea for that area - right now I just have piles of junk in there and it gets all mixed up as you bounce through the waves... 

Comments

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    An example: Going to try and make a storage shelf for the area where the tv went.. so if you can think something up it can probably be printed!! Going to think about it over here for a couple days and see if anything can be made that would lock together like puzzle pieces that might add in walls between storage areas and have a door. 

Here's the start of a template for the tv area...

So, thinking something like this.. any other thoughts about the TV enclosure??

For the area above the stove. This one is a little more complicated, would have to figure out a rail system in order for it to fit. Maybe cut it in half, have it slide open and click together by moving up. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those cabinets are pretty nice...wonder how they are attached? Are there big screws coming thru the hull ?
    edited November 2022
    I did find usefull I found some stackable bins and laid them out them against the length of the stern wall.  Everything went in them- so when the trip was done everything came out of the boat and into the garage....
    rasbury said:
    Those cabinets are pretty nice...wonder how they are attached? Are there big screws coming thru the hull ?
    It's some guy over in Europe. The mounting part is what I can't figure out.. but they make that space 100 times more useful!!
    Yes.  The actual height of them does not look big, but agree storage is storage.  
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    They are probably secured to the existing top shelve that is already there.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3