SOLD: 2007 Rinker 370, turnkey fresh-water boat

LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
New listing.  I'm still updating the information, but thought I'd cross-post it here.  

https://boattrader.com/boat/2007-rinker-370-rinker-8762432/

Post edited by LaRea on

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well priced in my opinion. Good luck with the sale! The buyer will get a truly turn-key vessel. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    Impressive!! she will sell quickly, Congratulations.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great looking boat!  I'd love to see it land here on the Chesapeake!!  (then I can show you pics at her first Rinkervous! :smiley: )  Honestly I'd love to see someone's happy face.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great @LaRea ! Good luck!!
    2008 330EC
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Holy!
    Legitness!
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...I'm surprised Jeff is not in route now...perfect boat...breathtaking...good luck!
    LoL!!
    2008 330EC
    @larea the ADA will not be pleased with you. 
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    wow ===== a beauty
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my second scammer:  "Allison W Abato" can't visit the boat because of a physical disability, but will send me a certified check to buy the boat sight-unseen for her daughter's birthday.  Gimme a break ... DELETE.  

In the ten years since the last time I used boattrader.com, nothing has changed.  Almost every "new lead" is a scammer or broker who wants to list my boat.  I did get one reply that might be legit.  
    Come on @LaRea , don’t you want the daughter to get a nice birthday gift?
    2008 330EC
    I don’t see value in paying a broker 10 points but at 5 points I think it’s worth it just to get the boat on YachtWorld. Might be worth looking into a discount brokerage like Knot10. 
  • MH342MH342 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Don’t discount Craigslist either. I bought and sold my last boat on Craigslist and didn’t get anymore scammers than you’re already getting lol.  Plus you write a legit posting which goes a long way! Amazing what little effort some people will put into trying to sell their boat.
    I agree with @MH342 .  I use craigslist for everything.  Heck, I have stuff on there right now.  I sold the old radar dome on it two weeks ago.  & now have another friendly boat contact in my phone.  He sent me pics of the already installed radar.  I sold my last two boats using craigslist and boattrader.  People that are looking, look everywhere.  I bought my son's boat last year off craigslist as well as both of my kid's cars (which were great deals!).  I know two close friends that have used Knot10.  I have to say that LaRea does much better with his ad and pics than they ever came close to.  But, as mentioned, they can put it in Yachtworld.

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you protect yourself with a sale on CL? My friend is going to look at a boat today. How do you keep the guy from taking your money for a down payment, etc., then selling it to someone else and keeping your money? Do you use a bank as an escrow service? How is all the paperwork handled?
    We don't have titles for boats up here. Friend of mine bought a boat online and ended up buying a stolen boat :/
    I’m actually in the process of buying a 72 FJ40 , bought it off of eBay. I’m using escrow.com, so far very happy with the service.
    2008 330EC
    If this ad doesn't work, I have a good friend who can list it, but I'd have to pass along some of that cost to the buyer.  

BTW I decided to offer seller financing.  
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I did seller financing to a friend when I was in high school for a car I sold him. Did a simple contract and then I was listed as the lender on the title. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Tony, for me, anything I've bought on CL was handled with cash and titles.  If they need to borrow money, then borrow and hand me the cash.  My current boat I went thru someone to handle everything but that was because the boat was being liquidated (was repossessed by a bank and then the liquidator was selling).  It was a little more to handle also because there was no title per se, the boat was documented thru coast guard.  I'm not sure why I documented the boat after I bought it (pay less registration fees maybe), but I did.  Might make it more of a pain for me to sell as well, only time will tell.

• MH342MH342 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Every transaction is certainly unique but cash (or equivalent bank check) is the rule before any transfer of title. My other rule for selling anything on CL is that’s it’s always first come first serve. Don’t hold it or take it off the market for anyone until at least some cash changes hands.  In the event there are multiple offers, It doesn’t matter who was first to see it … it’s first to pay.  I try to be courteous and fair but there are no favors on CL.  As a buyer, I didn’t hand over the deposit without both of us signing an “agreement to purchase” documenting the amount of the deposit, the property and any conditions that the deposit is, or is not, refundable. Then at transfer of title and final cash payment, everyone signs a purchase and sale agreement.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Dream_Inn said:
    Tony, for me, anything I've bought on CL was handled with cash and titles.  If they need to borrow money, then borrow and hand me the cash.  My current boat I went thru someone to handle everything but that was because the boat was being liquidated (was repossessed by a bank and then the liquidator was selling).  It was a little more to handle also because there was no title per se, the boat was documented thru coast guard.  I'm not sure why I documented the boat after I bought it (pay less registration fees maybe), but I did.  Might make it more of a pain for me to sell as well, only time will tell.
    Won’t be a pain when you sell, probably a benefit. Most Banks now require uscg documentation for boat financing as it’s much easier to foreclose on a documented boat than a state registered. I un documented both my 342 and my 310 immediately after purchase as they came to me documented and both buyers when I went to sell them were forced by banks to re document for their financing. Wasn’t a ton of extra steps but would have been a little easier for them had I left them documented. I left the 390 documented. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    LR the boat looks great! Good luck with the sale. I was bugging the guy who bought my 342, yesterday at storage, that he needs to look at your 370! 
    Agree with the comments here that CL and FB mkt are great tools and I’ve used the heck out of them for boats under $15k and appliances, but im with you on boat trader for something like your boat. My mako 23 and Rinker’s 310 and 342 all sold within a month on boatttader. Was worth the $.
    good luck!!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Thanks @Liberty44140.  I'm hoping this will be a good time of year to sell as people start waking up from their winter naps!
    I'm almost done with boattrader.com.  Scammers make up 60% of the replies so far, and most of the rest are brokers.  Anything from the imap.org domain -- I'm not even going to reply.  
    After one week on boattrader, the statistics speak for themselves.  
    • 10 responses 
    • 5 obvious scammers
    • 4 disappeared after I told them I'm declining broker solicitations
    • 1 is still talking but seems kinda scammish
    I know some people recommend Facebook Marketplace.  I'd rather pay broker fees than put my real name and face on a public ad saying I can afford to own a $160k boat.  

Anyways -- the boat is available for showings this weekend!   :)
  • rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Interesting statistics LaRea.  I'm selling our RV on rvtrader right now.  I've had one broker and 12+ inquiries that all seem legit.  Just in case anyone is in the market for an RV (LOL) here is the link:
    https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2017-Coachmen-PURSUIT+30FW-5025280532 

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

Nice looking RV @rmrstlmo !  

@LaRea If you don't want to deal with the emails and spammers, sounds like a broker may be your best bet.  & being you have one that you know, that might even be better (cause I can't say much good about a few that I've seen).