2015 Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Well, Puxataney Phil may have seen his shadow, but that doesn't need to keep us from talking about the biggest Rinker Rendezvous yet!  This will be the big 10th annual Chesapeake Rinker Rendezvous!  I'd love to see more new faces this year.  Most of the same ones came last with several new faces that say they will definitely comeback again this year!  I still have some great, I mean great photos from last year that should make some Rinker pamphlets.  I gotta get them yet to put on here (one of my favorite is 3 boaters all in Rinker sponsored shirts on the back of the Rinkers....yes, at this point I need to get on the ball and post them up)

Theme, you ask??  Yes, we have a theme every year and this year I definitely know many will go all out!  It will be Christmas in July!  I already bought, just for this event, a 7 foot tall tree!  Several will be sporting their Christmas burgees handed out last year.   Oh, let me of ideas for the next year.

Ok, the date is gonna be either July 10-12th or July 17th - 19th & it will be at Still Pond.  I've got an email out to Patrick to see if he has a date preference since he'll be coming down from NJ. We had one heck of a turnout last year and I’d love to see some more new faces this year, I know you guys are out there!  Heck, we’ve still never had a 290 yet either or any of the newer 310s or 360s either.  (yes, I'm repeating that from last year)  We did have a first last year, a Sea Ray, but it flew in...yes, it was an aircraft that landed on the water and rafted up with us overnight.  Not sure what surprises there may be this year, but it sure would be great to see them again!  Oh, one surprise will be one additional Rinker 400!

I'd love to see some goodies once again this year from Nautic Global Group with Rinker gear!  Definitely appreciated each year!

Oh, and my wife came up with a new name for this event...

Chesapeake Rinkervous!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    This sounds great.  This will be our first year with our boat (a 290), and we can make this our first trip to the Bay.   We'll be coming from Philadelphia.   
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhorta, I am curious to see that route by water. 
    Delaware River to C&D Canal I suppose.  This is my first time owning my own boat and will be my first time in these waters as well, but from what I am told, its pretty easy going outside of the many barges and tankers that run the canal.   Should be interesting indeed.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PO of my 280EC bought the boat in Stone Harbor, NJ and moved it via the route you are talking about to Middle River, MD. He had never owned a boat before and he told me that he didn't have any issues in the C&D Canal. Good luck on your trip. Those of us that can't make it are jealous!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Jhorta, that will be great!  I've gone as far north as Chesapeake City, so halfway thru the canal.  Definitely interesting the first time passing some of those large barges, but you should have no problems.  I know several people that have gone up to Philly.  I've given thought several times, but now I'd really like to head out and up the ICW a bit towards Atlantic City.  If you plan for a longer trip, let me know as there are many great places in the Chesapeake to visit.  Either way, it'll be a great starting trip into the bay! Can't wait to meet you!

Looks like the weekend of July 10 -12th will be this year's Rendezvous!  Mark your calendars and make sure to cover from the 4th celebration the weekend before!

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Count me in.  Anyone coming from the Potomac or close?  Be cool to follow someone up. I'm in Colonial Beach.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    @06Rinker270 Depending on your time coming past the south river, I'm betting you can hook up with myself or someone coming out of my marina and tuck in behind them.  It'll be great to see you there! 

I finally uncovered this past Saturday and so far everything seems great.  No running water at the marina, so couldn't mess with the water system yet.  Heat worked well, and engines ran nice.

That be fantastic as I am not familiar with the bay.  You are in Annapolis?  

I uncovered on Saturday as well, was a bit of fun! Was able to put on my mooring cover and it the bimini's up.  I splash on the 3rd of April. Not sure I have looked forward to something more than I do that day. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    Does everyone usually come up on Saturday morning/afternoon and then transit slip Saturday night?  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    I'd say half come up on Friday and the rest early Saturday.  We all anchor together for the weekend!  Definitely a good time!  We back up to a nice sandy area and hang out a lot in the water behind the boats.  We've had some 270s and even had the bowrider captiva's stay.  Do you have a generator?  If not, not a huge deal as there are others without them as well.

I am in Annapolis, keep the boat on the south river.  I can probably work it out with my marina if you wanted to come up on Thursday and stay there and then follow us up on Friday morning.  If you haven't been North, you may want to make a trip out of it and stay at a few towns/marinas while you are up here.  Lots of places I could recommend depending on what you like.  The water is pretty much salt free and much clearer as well. 

Maybe you can get some other's from your area (since I know Stepps is/was a Rinker dealer).  I know there are quite a few Rinker's in your area as well.  Your boat looks great!  & I hear you on being anxious!

Anchoring behind the boats with cold beer sounds fantastic.  What marina are you at?  I have not been up north but I am thinking about moving my boat farther up north for next season so you may be right on checking out other areas.  I would like some clearer water to be honest.  Thanks for all the info and help.  Looking forward to it!  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    I am in South River Marina.  It's a nice location in an enclosed area of water.  I'd say about 90% of the slips in the marina are on a lift.  You purchase the lift and then rent the slips, really a good deal.  If interested at some point, just let me know.  It's just a couple miles to Thomas Point Light and St. Michael's, Annapolis, Kent Island are all a short distance away.  South Herrington Harbour is really nice and not quite as far north.  Definitely a lot of good marinas to chose from.  I know coming out or crossing the Potomac at the bay entrance can be a bit rough at times in any size boat.  We do a trip to VA beach each year and that area is always the roughest no matter how I try to time the tidal flow.

As time grows closer we can set up a plan.  Sounds like a blast.  Thanks for all the info and setting this up.  Let me know if you need help.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    Let's put this back on top for a bit again.  The time is definitely around the corner and after this weekend I know of 3 more boats, a 350, 360, and a 420 that will be coming as well.  It'd be really cool to have most of the Rinker models covered.

• buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    We are in as well, sounds like a great time. Have the dates been confirmed?
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream -- I'd love to make it at least for a day, but Still Pond is a stretch for me distance-wise coming from Alexandria.  Any chance you might consider alternating every other year between Still Pond and some other location a bit further south?  
    Buggy, the weekend is July 10-12.  There may be a couple that show up that Thursday night, we'll get there by noon on Friday.  I believe Patrick, who brings his 400 down from Longport, NJ gets there Thursday night typically.

LaRea, you bring up a good point.  That is something we should consider doing.  Only issue with further south is the jelly's come out early.  I guess we could always consider hitting a marina somewhere down that way.  It would definitely be a long haul from Alexandria just to the bay itself.   You know, I could always be up for a second one maybe in Solomon's??  might be something to think about.  Heck, we will be going past the Potomac this year on June 25th and usually anchor at Solomon's, but we could anchor somewhere near the Potomac.  I always enjoy meeting up with the forum members!

• holscher2438holscher2438 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    If anyone is interested in doing a Rinker rendezvous on the Potomac, we are in!  Going up to the bay is a little far for us...Now hopefully my survey goes well on Friday and we'll be in our new to us 342 in a couple weeks!
    Y Knot?
  • seadogsseadogs Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    We will be there again this year, Great time last year for sure. We had our spring shake down last weekend SO !!!  See you guys in July.
    I would definitely be in for a Solomans or Potomac meet up.  Still Pond may be a little far for me with my schedule. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • MissKrissMissKriss Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    We are so bummed not to be able to make it for those dates we have a wedding in Massachusetts  Anybody on the fence about going go its a blast, great people, good food and laughs! I am thinking of heading to still pond on July, 24, 25, 26. if anyone is interested!
    Hey, we should put together a Facebook event of some sort to track the comings and goings on the meetup.  Thoughts??  Anyone on here NOT on facebook?? lol. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I know a lot of our members do not use facebook....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 711 members on the RBO Facebook page. A FB event might get more Rinkers from that area that aren't on here to show up.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    edited June 2015
    Sorry guys, don't use FB either. I'm so sad that MissKriss won't be making it this year. We will male sure to accommodate dates earlier next year.

• explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Facebook is a good idea. It will get a heck of a lot more exposure and people can post that they are coming and stuff. It will also keep reminding people. Perfect for an event like this. 

Bella Sabrina II  370EC
    I know we have a nice long holiday weekend coming up, but I'm getting excited about the following weekend!!  Can't wait to see everyone again and share a few cold ones!  Right now I think my plan is to leave first thing Friday morning!

Looks like I'll be up there this Thursday night, along with at least 3 other boats!  nothing better than starting one more night earlier!! Can't wait to see you all there!