Summer is never coming

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
We have 54" of snow already and it's snowing again with 2 more feet on the way. ........  I miss my boat.......lol.
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Real nice handy......... real nice........lol 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped by my marina and snapped a few photos...

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    There were guys fishing on the river. Either they are very bored at home, or dedicated hard core fisherman...

Go Steelers!!!
  • pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    We have 54" of snow already and it's snowing again with 2 more feet on the way. ........  I miss my boat.......lol.

I NEED my boat. I hear you Ray!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Greg, what marina is that? I'm trying to place it by the bridge in the background
    Brit, it is Silky's Crows Nest in Sharpsburg.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Ray, look outside and tell me if its snowing. LOL
    Steve this really blows. Its snowing pretty good after dropping about a foot over night. Supposed to snow till about 1-2am then another storm coming Thursday night into Friday............... No place to put it. Not fun.....
    I feel your pain. Nothing you can do. 
    Greg i was way off i was thinking McKeesport!
    It felt like spring here on sat some birds were singing, now the temp has dropped back down
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Yeah, Sunday hit 60 degrees here, sure was nice, but cold is coming this weekend.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Update: 7 feet of snow in 14 days. Still snowing (till about 1am) and another good size storm coming Thursday into Friday.......... Holy $hit Batman......lol
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Raybo, don't worry, for sure by June it will definitely be gone!!  I've been watching on the news all the issues with public transportation up there.  You sure have your work cut out for ya!  Hang in there bud.  You'll be laughing about it over drinks on the boat soon enough!  We've gotten lucky here, that fine line between snow to rain to ice has been here, so we get a mix of stuff, but it melts in a day or so.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Hey Dream your so right about public transportation. They shut down service at 7pm last night and the public is in an uproar. On my line the trains are 35 years old with over 2 million miles on them. Parts are a major problem. The system and the city cannot handle this kind of weather. I have been working so many hours lately that I lose track of what day it is. Money is good but blood money....... 
    They force you to work Ray? 
    Yes pretty much when they call an emergency........... I am also the union rep so I like being here just to keep an eye on things.
  • pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Ray, You're a man they can count on. Keep up the great work ethics!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

Man i have a real problem getting all my employees to come to work, they call off any chance they get, different work ethic with the younger work force.

Ray, keep an eye on those union slackers!
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Britinusa, That is the truth I have the same problem with some of my employees, It doesn't matter how well there payed, work ethic have definitely changed 
    The steel workers have shut down a lot of refineries already. 
    Thanks for the kind word guy's except you handyman. You must be the "real" life of the party..... 
    More snow coming 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love snow skiing. I hate snow right now, that's how bad it is.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Another freaking 18" of the white $hit coming Saturday..............WTF
  • rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    All that time in the house with nothing else to do, and Summer hasn't come yet.... man.. gotta break it to you.. it's time to call in for reinforcements.. (oh NO I didn't) yes I did.. :blush:
    In the house?????? Man I have been pretty much working around the clock. Google MBTA and see what we are going through........
    We may get an inch Monday night.  HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    OK Ray I googled it

MBTA under fire, commuters frustrated with service

MBTA reports improvements, passengers see widespread delays

Widespread MBTA delays with minor improvements

(MyFoxBoston.com) -- Boston's public transportation system is under fire. Records amount of snow have knocked the MBTA out of service, meaning daily schedule changes and delays. 

As of Friday morning, the bus shuttle had been shortened.  Red Line train service was available between North Quincy and Alewife as service between North Quincy and Braintree remained suspended.  Buses replaced trains between Braintree and North Quincy.  Customers were also asked to consider using the commuter rail trains that make stops at Braintree and Quincy Center.  

An MBTA worker at Quincy Center saw first hand how angry people are as she told people they would now have to take shuttle buses to North Quincy, where they would need to transfer to the subway. 

MBTA General Manager Beverly Scott had said she was been trying to roll with the punches from this non-stop snow but then suddenly quit this week. An emergency Massachusetts Department on Transportation Board of Directors meeting is scheduled to meet on Friday to discuss a personnel matter. Mass. DOT oversees the MBTA. 

Scott announced she will be staying on until April. It's unclear if Friday's emergency meeting will shed any more information on her departure.