Options

Fiesta Vee 250 Pump will not stop running.

sdholzhauersdholzhauer Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
I filled my fresh water tank and have turned on all of the faucets to get the air out but the pump will not turn off. Am I missing something to get the pump to stop running? I have only been on battery power so far. I have turned the hot and cold at all sinks and none of them are spitting air.

Comments

• Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Mine did that once. I had to clean out the screen strainer on the pump and seemed to work after that. Also check for any leaks. 
  • Options
    rinkerboyrinkerboy Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I had the same problem after a winter.

If you can hear the pump motor running, I had to prime the pump by filling it with water through one of the pump pipes and siphon the water through on the outlet side.
    2003 - 250 FV  MerCruiser 5.0 MPI
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a hot water heater.... Is the drain for it open?
  • Options
    lionelzlionelz Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Maybe you have a leak somewhere?  Have you got any water in the hull?
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure you have enough water in the tank. It takes at least 3 - 4 inches before it will shut off.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Once water is flowing at every faucet, and you close all faucets, pump should stop once the lines pressurize again.  The pressure switch is attached or built into the pump.  If nothing is leaking (don't forget transom wash down hose, etc.) the pressure switch in the pump is either bad or just sticking.  Some can be cleaned or replaced without doing the whole pump.  Or just turn pump on when you want to run water using the manual switch.
  • Options
    sdholzhauersdholzhauer Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    It worked fine after I blead all of the lines. Thank you for the advice!