2006 342 - Need help to find leak

HedgeHedge Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hi Guys ... I need your help. We bought a 2006 342 and  just got home from a ten day trip getting it home (Lake Champlain to  Trent Severn) boat ran great and we are very pleased with it  but after a couple of days we noticed the carpet was wet in the aft cabin storeage locker. So I checked, sea cocks okay, no abnormal amount of water in bilge pump areas and water pump not coming on occasionally to indicate a leak in the system. Had a small wet vac so each night I vaccumed out the locker and would get about a quart and thought I was okay to get home. The Galley has a wood floor and now we are seeing water coming up the wall of carpet in front of the head. So doesn't my leak have to be on the drain of either the head or galley sink or vacu flush system for the toilet? So finally my million dollar question, how do you access these areas to check the fittings? Many thanks in advance.  

Comments

• HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    I had the same problem and it was the shower sump pump. It is located under the aft cushions on the port side close to the AC and Toilet Sea Valves. That is if you guys took showers on the boat? I had mine replaced but sometimes a good cleaning will free up the float.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • HedgeHedge Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Thanks .. but I should have mentioned we did not use the shower
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few things to check:
    A/C pump and hose/strainer
    toilet strainer/hose
    bilge pump under the aft bed. 
    Behind the 'shelf' in the shower you can get to the toilet pump and the hose exits for the shower and berth pumps too. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • HedgeHedge Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    you were right guys, it was the head pump .....thanks again.