New QX26 product walk through video

wheatstwheatst Member Posts: 40 admin
https://youtu.be/ApNXHxzIuGg... This boat is on the cover of the October issue.

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!!!!

# RINKER PROUD

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

WAY TO GO KIM, STEVE, RINKER EMPLOYEES

OWNED 7 RINKERS, 5 BRAND NEW, TWO CRUISERS (2013 EC 310, 2014 EC 360)

SOOOOO PROUD!!!!!

AS THE MAG SAYS "RINKER IS BACK!"

• jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Looks great!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Awesome video and great to see that Rinker is back!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    They need to make a fishing boat. I think alot of people would buy that
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And guess what ... a similar bow-rider made by Sea Ray costs almost twice as much ($110K compared to only $60K for the QX-26).  
    Why is that LR?
    Why is that LR?
    Why does a Caddy cost more than a Chevy? There are many reasons. One is perception. Many people feel SeaRay is a much better boat than it really is so because they think its better they spend more money for it. Another reason is supply and demand. Fact is there are more SeaRay's out there so it get more publicity. Maybe the biggest reason is that SeaRay (and others) can get their price and take advantage of the boating market. Seems they would rather sell one boat over priced than 2 for less and sell on quantity...... Just say'n.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Why is that LR?
    Why does a Caddy cost more than a Chevy? There are many reasons. One is perception. Many people feel SeaRay is a much better boat than it really is so because they think its better they spend more money for it. Another reason is supply and demand. Fact is there are more SeaRay's out there so it get more publicity. Maybe the biggest reason is that SeaRay (and others) can get their price and take advantage of the boating market. Seems they would rather sell one boat over priced than 2 for less and sell on quantity...... Just say'n.....
    I'd much rather have my Rinker but I can say without any hesitation that there is a lot of improved fit and finish stuff that's better on my buddies Sea Rays than my Rinker.  Things like the way the wiring was laid out, bundled, labeled, etc.  Seat base and cushion designs that don't let water in every storage area, and the seat cushion material, etc.  The thought and fit and finish of the engine room area.  It's a lot of little stuff that I wish mine was better at but not anything that drives that kind of price difference. 
    Right - there certainly are differences.  But in the places where it counts the most (hull, mechanical systems, design and features) Rinker's quality is on par with anybody.  

Every time I do a comparison, it ends up something like this:  for the price of a Sea Ray, you could get a Rinker plus lifetime slip, fuel and maintenance.  Or, you could get a Rinker that is 3 feet longer and has a lot more amenities.  Go figure.  
    ...and I could not stand-up in the cabins of my friends' Sea Rays, Formulas, Cruisers, Chaparrals etc. that were TWICE the price of my Rinkers plus - what really stung them - my Rinkers were faster while using less fuel!!!!! BAM!
    All boats are flawed in one way or another. Sure some of the other boats are more "plush" but Rinker does not take a back seat to anyone where it really counts as LaRea points out (hull, mechanical systems, design and features). Value wise Rinker can not be beat and thats the bottom line...... BTW Rinker is also one of the best looking boats on the H2O....
    Well they sure done hold resale like others it seems
    A 2007 Rinker 400 can be had for around $135k.  What do you find if you look for a 2007 Sea Ray in that price range?  A 340.  
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    So what's the MSRP on the boat, as equipped, in the video?
    2007 Rinker 342 vs a Searay 340. Big Diff in value money wise

Let's do the math:

2005 Rinker 342
    NADA average retail: $62K
    MSRP in 2005:  around $125K, adjusted for inflation is $154K
    Rinker has retained 40% of its value

2005 Sea Ray 340
    NADA average retail: $80K
    MSRP in 2005:  around $200K, adjusted for inflation is $246K
    Sea Ray has retained only 32% of its value

(I guessed at the MSRPs.  But even if I guessed wrong, my point is:  a Rinker won't depreciate any faster than a Sea Ray.  Also, in this example, the Sea Ray owner spent $166K on depreciation, while the Rinker owner only spent $92K.)

@69fastback - the QX 26 sells for around $60K.

.@LaRea, agreed

...and this is another big one.

Even if that Sea Ray owner had the cash to pay the price difference at point of sale, that's money tied-up that could be earning investment income.

However, if that money had to be borrowed  - then the owner is losing investment income and worse yet is paying interest to service borrowed money.

It is often necessary to borrow money but if one can get a similar product for less money then the deal makes more financial sense.

Rinkers pay their owners back in MANY ways! Rinkers=smart investments, imo.

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @69fastback the QX 26 is $72,000
    Boat Name : 

• elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    randy56 said:
    With trailer, arch, captains call, etc etc they are well over $80k....
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    I assume that's base price, with no options?