how do I get the inner race out

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have my trailer at the house for my 270 as I have one wheel I lost the outer bearing on. I was able to remove the outer bearing race no problem. The inner race has no lip on the back side of it to knock it out- what's up with this? If you look through the hub, the lip that the outer race rests on you can see. This surface then tappers down to where the inner race is and is absolutely flush to the race with no lip to knock it out? The calipers are std. Kodiak and would guess the hubs are too. Everything I see on line there should be a lip to knock this out!

Best Answers

Answers

• 99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    look closely toward the inner race and see if you can find two grooves cut in the hub. probably disguised by grease. you can take a flat screwdriver and drag it around the top of the race and possibly find these grooves. should be 180* apart  
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cone (inner race w/rollers) should be a slip fit on the shaft. If it got over heated it can seize on the shaft. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Black_Diamond by shaft you mean spindle? Nothing was stuck on the spindle. I would describe the area between the inner and outer race as conical is shape as the bearings are different diameters. Are you saying that cone, which I thought was part of the cast hub, should have come out of the hub? If so, that would make since and at one point what I thought..