Well, I am the owner of a 2003 312 FV.

ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
So, after checking out a few 320's, 312's and 342's I surveyed a 2003 312 FV that came from Cleveland on trade to Hideaway Yacht sales in Harrison Twp., Michigan. It its clean! Has twin mercs 5.0 and bravo 3 drives. Factory bow thruster, Generator, central vac, heat /ac. I am excited and nervous as I think of all the tinkering I have in my future to make her mine. My 270 is staying local and will be out on Lake St. Clair. The new owner should be registering with us soon. I will post some pics. I wonder if anyone knows this boat from the Cleveland area? Ohio Registration number still on for now and formally know as "just chillin".

I will be keeping an eye out for a cockpit cover, new radio and wired remotes as it has a west marine head unit and the Kenwood remotes and dich changer that dont function with the West Marine unit. 

Also who has ideas on how to close up the top of the fender opening and where the aft curtain come down( check out the picture of the rear transome bench seat and notice the opening)? I forsee a billion spiders finding their way in through there. 

Thanks in advance for any insight, suggestions, thoughts and ideas. 
Anthony Price 
The Price is Right
MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 

Comments

• howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Sharp looking boat.  Love that bow thruster from factory!
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice looking boat!  I would sew a screen mesh on there, to block the bugs.  Something simple like from a screen door for a temporary, and find something that would look cosmetically later.  Those openings definitely let some moisture in too! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Nice boat. My 310 had those openings at the top of the fender rack. The truth is that along with those openings there are about a million more on and around the cover so your only real spider defense is ortho home defense from Home Depot. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I see three wood tables in your future! 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations,that's a nice up grade. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!  But why would you want to cover/fill the fender wells?  I was not a big fan at first, but it's a great place to keep the fenders out of the way.

BTW, we just ordered a mooring cover from Kent Sail, just South of Hideaway.

Let me know when you're ready for your vessel safety check.  See you on the water!

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, close to our 2003 FV310. As Liberty says, close them up and they'll come in through other openings. The holder is good to have but the water than gathers there with a bit of dust doesn't always drain out is a continual task keeping clean - as is a boat! Ideally a canvas over this altogether would be the best solution.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Very nice!  Reminds me of my old 2002 310!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Hawk600Hawk600 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Very nice boat. I actually looked at that boat about a week ago at Hideaway!
  • JLASJLAS Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
     What a nice idea to have a table on the semi-U-shape seating arrangement.  I  was actually thinking about doing the same thing, but wondering on the table mount.  Surface versus flash-mount.  I like more the second option... 
    Since you have the flash- table mount, could tell me if you can see a difference on the aft-cabin pad?  Is it noticeable? Does it leak? Thanks in advance!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    super sharp, congrats! How the heck do they get that engine bay so clean? I'm so afraid to do any real cleaning down there for fear of shorting something out....also, how the heck do you sleep on the aft birth? I have always wondered that....
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have a separate standup shower? I couldnt tell from the pics 
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    very nice @Aprice.....going to be a fun summer
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭

On our 310 there is no the raised floor for the port side U shape so if I put a mount in here it will protrude below. Aft birth is full size, plenty of room for sleeping. And my engine bay is that clean too. Head sink has a pull out flexible spout and I hang from a sucker in the bulkhead for showers.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new boat! I added the second dinette table to the u-seating years ago and used the Sequoia flush mount base and post - works great:
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=79554

Also, we had a thread a few years back on here about "custom" stuff we have done to our boats. I posted a bunch of things that I've done on my 2008 320 and the same ideas would be applicable to your 312:

https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2022/miscellaneous-custom-ideas-on-my-320#latest

@frodo13056, I was also looking at this table mount, as I did not think i could put a flash one.  I do have a question, though.  Do the screws go through the fiberglass with the potential to show up in the aft cabin? Is that the 5 or 7" base? Please feel free to answer here or PM, as I don't want to be the one guilty for changing topics.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!   
  • wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new boat! I have a 2009 320 which is basically the same size and layout of your 312. I have been very happy with my boat and predict that you will be very happy with yours as well. You may not recall, but we met at MacRay last summer. If you are still there this year look me up. I was on Spindrift but moved this year to Faircloth row. See you on the water this summer!
    @wm61356 I need to wander in there with the little boat and say hi to folks.  

• frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    @JLAS - I bought the 7" stainless mount for my setup. Initially, I drilled a small diameter hole about 1/2 the length of the screws and verified that it did not go through the fiberglass and into the overhead of the aft cabin - then went a bit deeper and checked until I was sure that the screw length would not go through. I also used some 3M 3200 to bed the plate screws. 
    Thanks, Frodo. This helps!
    @Stodge - C'mon by any time. We've met before as well. I was down the row from you when your boat was on Spindrift.
  • ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Yes. @wm61356 I remember. We have the same spot and love it there.  Why the move?
    @Stodge -come on down..I am 3 from the the end of Spindrift (west side row) look for "the price is right. 
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    @wm61356 I remember you're 320 parked there.  We traded in the RIB for a center console, so that's what we use to go visit.

@Aprice I'll look for you after everyone is splashed.

We still Winter store at MacRay.  Scheduled to go in April 14th.  

@Aprice - I moved because I traded my RIB for a small Boston Whaler and needed a bigger well so both boats will fit.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Nice boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat!  Scented dryer sheets keep the spiders away too, just lay a few back there when not using the boat.  The Ortho Home Defense or similar is a good one too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aprice, good find! nice looking Rinker. you have to as happy as a fat kid with a peace of cake.
    Boat Name : 

• gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Aprice!  i like that bow thruster.
  • califcocalifco Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Congrats, I also purchased my boat at Hideaway. It is a 2004 312, so far I'm happy with the boat very comfortable, I particularly like in your boat the added storage next to the fridge, It also looks like there are two drawers under the captains chair? I wanted to open an area possibly next to the fridge to add a compartment for a cooler, I'm just cautious of cutting the fiberglass. BTW, I was on spindrift last year, coming back to the same street but different well, I wanted the power inlet of my boat on the same side as the dock, easier to pump out.
  • ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I am excited for this season. 

@califco  how does your camper top cover the fender storage in the back? Do you have an opening there like in my picture?

I have gotten a few good suggestions so far and after reading some comments about the propensity ($5 word)  for the dirt and bug collection area, I thought about making a cover that attached to the bottom of my existing rear curtain and went down to the bottom of the fender storage space. That way it keeps the dirt and excess water out of the fender area when not in use and stops the ease of entrance for the bugs, spiders and flies. 

Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right