A/C thru hull leaking..

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
Figured I might as well start a thread on this because it was mixed in with another thread. 

Long story short: Found water in the bilge, at first it appeared the AC strainer was leaking, replaced that, realized the valve even when closed was letting water through.  Put another valve in line between the leaking valve and NEW A/C Strainer, that fixed the main leak.  (Then found a leak in the bathroom, that was ending up in here, fixed that and then found my kitchen sink faucet leaks too! ARGGGG)

However I'm not so sure the problem is fixed. Here's what the valve that is connected to the bottom of the boat looks like. 

I can dry it with a paper towel and then a couple hours later it's wet again. it seems to be geting moist where that 90 degree elbow goes into the valve. 

Assuming the only way to fix this is have the boat hauled out and completely replaced right? It doesn't appear to be leaking so much that it's an emergency, but I am planning on two trips this summer where I'll be sleeping on the boat for 5+ days at a time.  

Anyone have any quick fix ideas?   Figure I'll let my boat mechanic/yard get all the boats into the water and then hit them up End of may asking if they can repair first week of June 

Comments