Does toilet always draw water from out side

stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I have a 2005 342 Fiesta Vee and I am wounding if the water for the toilet always draws water from out side of the boat or can I shut off the seacock and it will draw fresh water
Post edited by raybo3 on

Best Answers

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Far as I know, always raw water. Some people don't like the odour it can cause and just run some water in the bowl from the pull out sink hose.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    yes my boat is in River water if you call that fresh water

Answers

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EC 310 and EC 360 with the vacuflush draw water from the fresh water tank.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Michael T said:
    EC 310 and EC 360 with the vacuflush draw water from the fresh water tank.  

My 400 uses fresh water tank as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine pulls from raw water but i am thinking about re doing the plumbing to have it be supplied from fresh water.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine pulls from raw water but i am thinking about re doing the plumbing to have it be supplied from fresh water.  
    Would be easy to change to fresh on a 342. Y valve the raw water intake and route under the aft bed in to the fresh water tank area on the stbd side. Watch @DanD2 video on how to get to the tank but your would not have to take thenaft cabin all apart, just open the side of the storage compartment and/or pull the ice maker which is literally 4 screws.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 Yep.  I was also thinking i could actually tap into the cold water line going to the shower.  I was going to put in a check valve and leave the raw water intake in place just in case i ran out of fresh water. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time you tee a fresh water reservoir into a non-potable source...a toilet definitely is that - LOL - make sure you have an anti siphon/anti backflow valve in place to protect your fresh water source!!!!!!!
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
     My 270 was converted by adding a 5 gallon tank under where the garbage can is in the cockpit