Trim sender unit wires

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
How the heck do I get to the sender wires? Wires on my STBD trim sending unit corroded off and I was just going to splice some new ones for now but one of the wires broke off and I can't reach to splice.....tried pulling as I have plenty of slack on the inside but no-go
No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sliding the wires through the grommet that goes through the tramsom.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    see the white cap thingy it doesn't slide
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Ye drive needs to come off for proper install
    splicing will only work for few Weeks or day if in salt water not to mention splicing is next to impossible 
    i tried it all over the years lol

• dwolfdwolf Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    really,out drive needs to come off? wish i knew this while i had mine off as ive got to replace my trim sender,was thinking of splicing the wires. seems like shirnk wrap would keep water out if used properly or liquid electrical tape,that will seal anythin
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    dwolf said:
    really,out drive needs to come off? wish i knew this while i had mine off as ive got to replace my trim sender,was thinking of splicing the wires. seems like shirnk wrap would keep water out if used properly or liquid electrical tape,that will seal anythin
    That was my thought but I can't reach one of the two wires. It'll be a project for next year now
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwolf said:
    If you look close at the new wires they are not round. They have ridges. Hard to seal with heat shrink