Rinker's Everywhere!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
Awesome day out on the water. Anchored at a shallow beach and relaxed.  There was a newer 270 beside mine and another newer again 270 or maybe 260, couldn't tell, on the other side of him. And then this gorgeous 410 pulled up and rafted up with the 270. Looked like they were going to spend the night. 
Had a great day out with my brother and his family. Smiles all around.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Down at my favorite spot last week and we counted 6 of them, made me feel pretty good. Knowing people were smart like me and bought an awesome boat.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Same thoughts, Must be some smart Canadians.  owning Rinker's 
    Boat Name : 

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    If I am anchored in the Connetquot River(Long Island, NY) I can count approximately 6-7 each day... I always try to see the name of the boat to see if I recognize them from the forum. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Nice pictures. I see Rinkers all the time around Boston. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Hey willhound. That's my 280 in the first pic. You're right it was a gorgeous day. I'll keep an eye out for you next time. Or if you see me, feel free to come for a pop. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great pictures and love seeing Rinkers out there!  We have just tons of them around our area.  Probably over a hundred just in my marina (used to be a Rinker dealer).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ha.... @tk1973 that's awesome. Yeah, if I see you again I'll hail you for sure. Have you got VHF? What's your call sign?
    Willhound said:
    Ha.... @tk1973 that's awesome. Yeah, if I see you again I'll hail you for sure. Have you got VHF? What's your call sign?
    I do. 

Its "Whatever" feel free to reach out... we're usually out a few times a week...

Tim
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are dozens of them in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately since we no longer have a dealer, we don't get to see the new ones. If I could find an investor that was into boats, I would open a dealer and marina. There are a few around me that are for sale. Just need a cool million and a half to get started. Lol
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a millionaire ... but if I hadn't spent so much on boating, I would have BEEN a millionaire by now. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man I start to feel like that @laRea   spending my retirement now!
    Your not spending your investing in boating, just think of how much knowledge you have bestowed in your mine. Lol. 
  • GreggGregg Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    We're you at Hawkstone? I have 3 Rinker friends on Simcoe.
    Gregg said:
    We're you at Hawkstone? I have 3 Rinker friends on Simcoe.
    That was De La Salle beach. 
    Jacksons point area, we are at the other end of Simcoe towards Orillia
    Hey @Gregg we absolutely love the new port facility in Orillia. They did a nice job on the building. Nice overnighter to cruise up, spend the night hitting the bars and restaurants in Orillia and back. You in Starport?
    Willhound just south of Starport .Yes Orillia has done a awesome job of the down and docking system. 
    Geez, maybe at some point in the future we need our own version of "Rinkervous" on Simcoe. There's a few of us on the forum (4 or 5 I think) and there are certainly enough Rinker's in the area. I know that Central Marine in Midland has been a Rinker dealer for many years, maybe that's one of the reasons. Apart from just being a great boat that is....but they had to come from somewhere. I wonder if part of the records Rinker keeps is which dealer the boats were originally shipped to....hmmm.
    The Chris Craft guys have had a successful get together in Orillia the last couple of years.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, those are the days you're glad you own a boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Yeah, for sure. Loved every minute of it. 
  • luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    I think I may be the only Rinker in my Marina.  I have received compliments on my rig though. My original target boat was a 260 Sundancer. The Rinker 270 is far superior in almost every way and much larger.  Glad I bought it! 
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I counted 7 in the harbor out in Block Island last weekend. A bunch of 270s, a 266, and some 342s. That was basically just the anchorage and some moorings. I feel like I'm seeing alot more nowadays than 5 years ago. 
  • trcsmithtrcsmith Member Posts: 4
    LaRea said:
    I'm not a millionaire ... but if I hadn't spent so much on boating, I would have BEEN a millionaire by now. 
    Now add an airplane to that! I should have been a book worm..

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
       trcsmith said:
    LaRea said:
    Now add an airplane to that! I should have been a book worm..

Speaking of millionaires and airplanes, my boss spent $75 million on his new G650! It's amazing the money that is out there, and this is just one of his toys!!  

http://www.gulfstream.com/aircraft/gulfstream-g650

2008 330EC
    That's a very cool helm like his and hers.
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that thing is sweet.  My business, i'm just a bitty owner, was acquired this week.  My boss/CEO stands to make ungodly money.  He is looking at planes right now...  Sometimes the winds are in the right direction....
    yeah, but will it float?
    rasbury said:
    yeah, but will it float?
    It's designed to float if you can perform a successful water landing. Sully knows all about that!!
    2008 330EC
    lol....it is crazy to me as often I forget just how rich some people are in this country...I'm just not that money smart. Was talking with one of my customers the other day who has a dirt engineering company and have dealt with him for years. His brother started an electrical company and when I first met him, was working in the back of the office of my customer just getting started...talked with him the other day and between the two in conversation, electrical brother has a net CASH worth of 15 million dollars and all kinds of property and other assets. And to meet him, you might think he works flipping burgers somewhere (not that there is anything wrong with that, just not going to have 15 mil in the bank doing that!) There are some really wealthy people in the world! Now how they got there....