Options

New Galley Faucet

gackgack Member Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
Been looking for a new galley faucet and found this one on ebay for cheap.  10 minute install and looks/works great!

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    Link?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12.95? sign me up for that winter project!!
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice upgrade, love the sink cover 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Can't beat the price.  Had to purchase 2 m/m threaded pipe fittings at Lowes that cost almost as much as the faucet though. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's crazy...even if it is just all plastic, probably will last longer anyway. I have a drip on mine, probably just as easy to fix as to try and find the washers to re seal it. Sometimes it's kind of scary to find stuff so cheap....I would pay a little more to know someone in the USA had a job as a result!
  • Options
    Rats..."does not ship to Canada"
  • Options
    for that kind of money, ship it to someone here and we can reship for cost? That's odd....
  • Options
    A lot of them won't ship here because of our ridiculous import laws. Anything from a retailer over $20 has to be declared and/or handled by a custom's broker that usually charges more than the shipping cost in fees. Probably one of the only things I might agree with the Trumpster on as this is one of the issues he wants to re-negotiate under NAFTA.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound if you were closer to the border you could have items sent to an American UPS Store, pick them up there, pay some sales tax at the Cdn. border (not bad) and bring it home. I do it all the time. I have had friends have motorcycles and even cars shipped this way.
  • Options
    Yep. We also travel to Florida every winter for a couple of weeks and stay with friends that spend 6 months there so I either bring it home with me or have it shipped to their address and then I just re-mail it to myself.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Yep. We also travel to Florida every winter for a couple of weeks and stay with friends that spend 6 months there so I either bring it home with me or have it shipped to their address and then I just re-mail it to myself.
    Where at?
  • Options
    Largo. As in between Clearwater and Clearwater Beach. But over the years we've stayed in Fort Myers Beach, Reddington Beach, Daytona, Sarasota and Clearwater Beach for years, until they ruined it with all the big condo's. And our buddy bought his place in Largo about 5 years ago. So sort of in your back yard.
    We are considering a week at our friends in Largo, and then a week kicking about on our own. Want to investigate marina's that might let us stay 6 months at a time over the winter once we retire in a few years. Plan would be to keep a boat on Georgian Bay for the summer, and in fall drive down and spend winter's on second boat somewhere on the Gulf coast. Figure we need a car anyway, so rather than put miles on a boat, just have two boats....
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this a little off topic, I do not understand why the US and Canada have such a border issue. They both together have spent over a trillion in money's on the boarder between us. Since 9/11 Tear down that wall!! between two brothers. Put the Billions back in the inter-structure  of both country's.

In December 2011, the governments of Canada and the United States issued a joint declaration called Beyond the Border: A Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness. Security from each other?  What the he$$,  I have not yet to meet a Canadian I did not trust. I'm sure there are some. 

Rant, almost over, 
     Anything from a retailer over $20 has to be declared and/or handled by a custom's broker that usually charges more than the shipping cost in fees. 

What positive propose could this provide? Charging Willhound, as much as the product cost. The good citizens of Canada, should influence there government, to tear down that wall!

Ok Rant over, raybo can have me arrested.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options

Rant, almost over, 
     Anything from a retailer over $20 has to be declared and/or handled by a custom's broker that usually charges more than the shipping cost in fees. 

What positive propose could this provide? Charging Willhound, as much as the product cost. The good citizens of Canada, should influence there government, to tear down that wall!
    I'm with ya @randy56 . That rule was enacted by our side, back in the (good old days) when our dollar was stronger than yours and Canadians flocked across to shop. And since the advent of online retailing the Canadian retail associations have lobbied to keep it in place in an ill fated attempt to keep the Amazon bogeyman at bay. I agree....tear down that economic wall...of course, it's not quite so simple with the auto pact, softwood tariffs, agricultural subsidies etc all involved......I just wanna be able to get my boat stuff faster....and cheaper.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So, what is the quality? Hold up?
  • Options
    @rasbury, quality is decent.  Some steel and some palstic parts, but that's no different from the head replacement faucet that goes for alot more.  Holding up fine.  No leaks.
  • Options
    Sweet, my is dripping and I like the look...think I will get one!
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    it looks great, does it get the water at least halfway out in the sink? I hate the stock sink, cant wash your hands without water splashing all over the counter top.
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Nice modern look.  Nice compliment to the custom sink cover!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up gack, love a cheap to solution to an annoying problem! 

Didn't realize that the handle should go to the side till after I put it on, oh well :)
  • Options
  • Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Nice looking faucet.
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,538 mod
    @MojosBoat - I see you are making good use of the forum's search features!  This place is an absolute gold mine.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    LaRea said:
    @MojosBoat - I see you are making good use of the forum's search features!  This place is an absolute gold mine.  

I agree!  He brought a few topics from earlier this year that remind of some things to look over for this year's winter projects. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    So this one has clogged up and fell apart for me.. 5 years old - guess it's not bad for that price.. need a new one.. 
  • Options
    I still have all orgional in my 05...
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff

FYI: Keep an eye on your fresh water pump filter. Need to be cleaned prob 2X a season.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current