Options

Sad Time of Year

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Last I saw her she was hanging in the travel-lift being bottom cleaned.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I need to do is put my winter cover on. Put 78 hours on her this season. Made it to the Rinkervous this summer. Overall it was a great season. Sad to see it come to an end. 
    78 hours is great year
    I thought so. Unfortunately me September got wiped out due to my brother-in-law passing away after a motorcycle accident. I had to help my sister out, which took away some boating time. There is always next season. Family comes first.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Dropped off my 232 to get winterized today.  It'll be a LONG wait til April!!!!!  It will spend at least the first couple snowstorms in the open, but with the cover on.  My 5th wheel got damaged, and has part of the fiberglass torn off the side, so until I get that fixed....the boat is exposed.  That gives me anxiety haha. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I'm watching weather here and my plan was to winterize and cover the last weekend in October.  But, it looks like weather may be iffy, so I'm thinking I may do it this weekend.  I like to wax it before winter, so I'll do that tomorrow first.  Unload everything tomorrow evening, then winterize and cover on Saturday before the rain on Sunday.  Getting my chimney cleaned tomorrow morning, so maybe a nice fire on Saturday night with some college football with a couple good drinks to ease my achiness! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Dropped off my 232 to get winterized today.  It'll be a LONG wait til April!!!!!  It will spend at least the first couple snowstorms in the open, but with the cover on.  My 5th wheel got damaged, and has part of the fiberglass torn off the side, so until I get that fixed....the boat is exposed.  That gives me anxiety haha. 
    How much "winter" do you get in Arizona??

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Stodge, Flagstaff is higher elevation and definitely gets the snow.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not too sad.  My gamecocks just took down #3 Georgia between the hedges. The pens have 4 wins in a row despite being down 4 or 5 top 6 forwads.  The Steelers have some how eeked out a win.  

Sadly it got down to 45 last night so winter is creeping its ugly head in here.  Time to do some winterizing and start some upgrades/mod projects

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Took ours to the underground mine today so in hibernation until mid March
  • Options
    Stodge said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Quite a bit actually!  I live at 7100 ft elevation.  The mountains of Northern AZ are no joke.  12,700 at the peak.  Ya go 2 hours south, and it's 110 all summer in Phoenix. Flagstaff gets all 4 seasons, and is 85 most of the summer. I love it.   
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Stodge said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    Quite a bit actually!  I live at 7100 ft elevation.  The mountains of Northern AZ are no joke.  12,700 at the peak.  Ya go 2 hours south, and it's 110 all summer in Phoenix. Flagstaff gets all 4 seasons, and is 85 most of the summer. I love it.   
    @Lake_Bum So you can just park your boat at the bottom of the mountain and save on winterizattion
    I wish.  In my city (Flagstaff) it gets down to 10 degrees on a fairly regular basis during the winters.  Anyone who forgets to winterize here, better PRAY that their brass freeze plugs work haha.  I bought a cheap Sea Ray years ago, for practically nothing.  The blocks freeze plugs had been pushed out by ice, but the engine was intact!  Bought it for $800 bucks.  Used it for a year, fixed up the interior, and sold for $3500.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    We just bought tickets to see Joe Bonamassa at MGM National Harbor in November.  Obviously, we have to go by boat.  So I have at least four more weekends available for boating.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can get a Rinker now
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats terrible mans worst nightmare.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    bummer but at least no one was hurt 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
     :s Wow.  Hate to see that.  Did the aluminum hull manage to contain the fire from spreading to the docks?
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh...why would anyone run an extension chord like that and try to run 50 amps? I run a chord to my 30 amp amp...doing the battery charger and that's about it...am I ok? Just sitting on the trailer out front...
  • Options
    @Alswagg that's the same thing I do...I have a heavy chord with the boat on the street and an adapter into the shore power..obviously not running the air..just charging and maybe the radio....am I ok with that?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an adapter and an extension cord going to my 330 in my yard for the charger and some lights at times. Hopefully no issues with that?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run from a 15 amp household receptacle to an adapted shore power cord no problem. The cord is rated either 30 or 50 amps. It's when you go the other way, over amping the cord that you're asking for trouble.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I'm no electrician but my take is as long as the breaker is the weak point. You don't want to undersize your cords with a heavier breaker as you will overheat the cord and risk fire. You want the breaker to be the weak point
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This thing smoked few heII cats 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Don't forget the longer the cord the bigger gauge it should be. 30 amp should be a #10 wire. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm going to be plugged into a regular house plug 100% of the time down here in FL. Also have two options.  Can run a regular heavy duty extension cord to the boat, and the adapter at the end of it, or, can put the adapter plugged directly into the house and have the yellow shore power cord run the entire length. Assume I should run the longer shore power cord... right? 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter. Only 15 amps either way. I suppose maybe the heavier shore power cord is a little more efficient and will have less voltage drop.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @J3ff how long of a run are you talking about? What are you powering up on the boat? If its just the charger and a light you should be ok. If your powering up heaters you could run into problems.............. Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    heaters, in key west?
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    heaters, in key west?
    Opps did not see the FLA part. My bad. If its a very small load he should be fine. Heavy load could cause problems. That was my point........
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Just took my last ride over to Davis Park, Fire Island to say hello/goodbye to my favorite dock master(Wayne)... I took his picture and he took mine. Waiting at the ramp to get hauled back to my house and put on blocks for a winter nap.