Sad Time of Year

Comments

• ApriceAprice Macomb, Michigan Posts: 121Member ✭✭
    We have lift off and onto indoor heated storage. Is it spring yet. Lake St. Clair was rough as **** today which made my last trip of the year that much more special. 
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 2,581Member ✭✭✭✭
    Been paying for our warm Michigan Fall this week.  With the way the trees were dancing I half expected to see a witch with a house on top of her.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 1,440Member ✭✭✭✭
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 5,600Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, its even been cold here in fl tho week but does not last long.
  • trip_ntrip_n Posts: 504Member ✭✭✭
    funny my wife txted me this a few days ago....flip n 28 this morning,
    but supposed to be in the 70s for da weekend...........woohoo
    trip_n said:
    funny my wife txted me this a few days ago....flip n 28 this morning,
    but supposed to be in the 70s for da weekend...........woohoo
    My wife sent it to me too. Probably a Facebook thing
  • trip_ntrip_n Posts: 504Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    bingo
    funny tho....i think my wife likes the boat and boating more than i.... :p
    sometimes a man is lucky-sometimes he is naut
    Unloaded the boat today and cleaning and winterizing tomorrow. It just doesn’t seem right winterizing on a day that is supposed to hit 85 degrees. My rack and store building closes Oct 15th, I travel during the week, next weekend daughter has softball tournament and following weekend  I will be in vacation so it looks like an early year for me. 
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,226Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nope... I’m gonna thread the needle this year and leave it in until November!!!
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 1,307Member ✭✭✭
    I can’t, canal system closes Oct 16 so have to get it to her winter home. But after that I’ll be out of action a few weeks anyway.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Rear Commodore, Crescent Boat Club

• Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,745Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Florida, where the sun shines and no need to winterize. LOL
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 4,013Member ✭✭✭✭✭
     Where it's too hot to boat in the summer, the days are too short in the winter. LOL
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • boatman37boatman37 Posts: 307Member ✭✭
    ^ lol.

We are pulling either this weekend or next. Looking like next at this point. Son is getting married in a month and we are going to be pretty busy so early end for us this year.
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 4,307Moderator mod
    I have been out and winterized for 2 weeks now. Bad year boating for me. Too much going on. :(
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,745Member ✭✭✭✭✭
     Where it's too hot to boat in the summer, the days are too short in the winter. LOL
    Not
    Well I got everything done today and she is up for the long winter. See her again in 7 months. 
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,226Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not giving up... Great South Bay, Long Island NY today... 
    We also had a great day out anchored and soaking up the sun. Tomorrow better so making the most of the last few weeks.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 1,412Member ✭✭✭
    1st or 2nd week in Oct I think I'll be pulling the boat out.  Moving to a new harbor next year as well.  A harbor that has a pool and nice accommodations for kids.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    We have to be through into the Hudson before the 6th with the canal closing.  

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

After I replace the cracked water distributor housing on the starboard engine. Lifted hatch to check another issue and the long there brown stain under this was not wet and larger as the admiral pointed out. Blue plug dripping, pulled out and put back in and dripping still but I suspect the housing here has been cracked awhile as it then popped as I tightened the plug. Bugger. At least I can address now versus on the ride down.

Order and replace this week then run her up and see if I can see where I also appear to be losing gear fluid.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 2,220Member ✭✭✭✭
    Made it out fishing this weekend and the water was great and the weather was great. Couple more weeks to enjoy the boat.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,117Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm way more North than most of you and don't plan on packing it in for at least another month. Camper Top and a jacket. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,685Member ✭✭✭✭
    91 degrees, this week end, when't fishing.  
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • bella-vitabella-vita Buffalo NYPosts: 329Member ✭✭✭
    Not pulling till November marina I bring it to pulls and puts it in heated storage 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 5,505Member, Moderator mod
    Sure was a beautiful weekend!  Gonna be mid 80's this coming weekend too!  I'll keep enjoying it, but I am going to change the oil in the engines and drives soon, just to be better prepared.  I am usually happy to be done by end of October.  I enjoy the cozy fireplace in late fall (November) with boat all covered on her lift & no worries.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

I'm trying to get mine buffed out before the holidays and hopefully get some use in the cooler months ahead...well at least tow of them..
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,917Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24
    Hopped on a flight to CT on Friday, spent all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday on friends boats...

After moving to FL it was nice to feel that warm, but cool air up on Long Island sound... got back to FL early this morning (1am, thanks jetblue for delaying the flight 7 times)... something has changed over the weekend, it wasn't blistering hot anymore. Can't wait to see what winter is like!!
    Where your at, you might have already seen it! I have lived in central Fl most of my life...a few years in ND and then a few in the Middle East and then back to FL late teens....Oct. we might have a cool front or two start to make it's way. It was 67 this am around 5 when I did my walking...last week it was still 75. The humidity is the biggest change and the temps will be high 70's to mid 8os through the rest of the year with a couple of cold snaps. January/February can get pretty cold- can see freezing temps for extended times or not see anything at all. March, well it's spring break time, weather starts to warm some but can still have cold snaps and after that, it's summer again.
    That's a FL winter.
  • PickleRickPickleRick Posts: 518Member ✭✭
    edited September 24
    Yesterday was the first day of fall, was in the 90s.  The little lady is off all weekend but sadly i wont be on the lake, race weekend in Charlotte. Ill be out again weekend after next.  

South Carolina winters can be snow Monday and Tuesday, in the 70s by Friday. 

The closer you get to the coast the more often the 70 degree days you get during the winter.