Options

2014 360 RINKER FOR SALE: 2.5 YRS MERCRUISER FULL WARRANTY ON ALL SYSTEMS

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    I think @Michael T needs a beautiful all black hull 310 with all the bells and whistles, that he can look at out his condo window, so I can buy a beautiful all black hull 360 😋
    Come on Josh! You barely got the 310 wet and you already have 5-foot-itis?!  :D
    “Hi, my name is Josh, and I have a boat problem!” 😂 That 360 is the dream boat! Lol. 
    Didn’t you have a 360 and sold it? Sell me your 310 at a discount and you can get the 360 (again)!! LOL. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Nice looking boat. Someone will get a sweet ride. We love our 342 and would love to move to a newer boat but it is just not the right time yet. 
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Swim Platforms you say...... a chance for me to go down "Rinker Memory Lane". First hello from the Admiral and I - you can put a face to the comments! LOL. I have several friends with 342s. I love Rinkers and the 342 was an awesome beast when it debuted ---was - when compared to an EC 360 - being the operative word.  MY 342 owning buddies  are always trying to say the 342 and EC 360 are "essentially" the "same" boat. Maybe in their dreams. Ha Ha! :-) They never said that if their 342s were anywhere near my 360. First swim platforms: the 342's DO have some more real estate - but mostly at the outer edges where it is squared-off.  because the swim platform of the EC 360 is rounded-off (I love that BTW) it gives a visual missperception that it is a lot smaller. Not so. There is (IMO) more useable room on the swim platform of the 360.....IMO and the 360's transom locker blows the 342's away. As well the 342's swim platform is downright flimsy construction-wise compared to the EC 360. 

One thing that did shock my 342 owning buddies was the HUGE difference in size above the waterline - note the pictures - the EC 360 dwarfs the 342. You actually look down into the 342 from the 360. I have included pictures from both angles. When you get to the interior - NO contest. Huge difference with the 360s island queen bed (King in my case after mods) faaaar more room in the aft cabin area and far more room in the galley with single level counter and no need for a table up on a ledge that you have to climb up onto. On the 360 that is replaced by a second pull out bed that is high quality, with optional dining table.

I am not knocking the 342s. They are still awesome boats....and one day Rinker will come out with a cruiser that will be bigger and better than the present 360/370......but until that day the 360/370 models are KING!. Just ask my 342 buddies who had to buy me beers after the side-by-side comparison. :-) :-) :-) MT

BTW for perspective the Admiral is 5'9" so the picture of her sitting on the transom bench shows how big it really is.....and for this picture the water was almost 3 feet below the dock height (just imagine how big this boat looked at a "normal" dock. The dock was so high, compared with the water, I had to build a step down with "stripper" pole - everyone loved that - and you still had to almost jump down from the step!

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Buy Bry's boat and this could be you........

Day

Night

OH YEAH!!!!!

LIVIN' THE RINKER LIFE
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    MT! You going to surprise me with a bill??
    What's your commission going to be on this sale !!?? HAHAHAHHA

You and the Admiral are looking GREAT !!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Michael T 

For sure The stern does look huge with a person on it !
  • Options
    ....and she's 5'9" Bry - no shortie!

• Options
    Thanks Bry. Not bad for an old geezer - still hanging in there! Want this boat to go to a forum member who loves Rinkers and who DESERVES an awesome boat.

IMO your boat smokes any 38 footer out there. Speed wise, looks wise, options wise and $$$$$$wise. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Michael T said:
    ....and she's 5'9" Bry - no shortie!

You being a GIANT makes her look tiny 😂
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of 360's I saw this at my marina tonight. First time seeing one up close.  A beautiful hull. In my 10 years at the marina I have only seen 2 or 3 other Rinkers here.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You look healthy MT, Got to be a sigh of relief, hope your past it all.  Great pic's of the 360.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Randy, really appreciate the comment! There's no cure for my bone marrow cancer - at least that I can tolerate - but I usually get a few years in between treatments - which, thankfully, keep improving! :-)

Yes, great pics of the 360 which has some nice custom sun pad covers on it - I particularly like the big cushion for someone's head.

BTW - speaking of 360s and dinghys.....looks like that 360 has a DINGHY rigged? .....as Ray would say..... just sayin' :-)

BTW2 - also looks like it has an Axius "puck" on the arch too! Interesting! :-)
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Great pictures MT. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Great pics MT & glad your health is going better!  (& don't forget, Rinker did actually make several boats larger than the 360/370 :) )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Wish they still did DI - It would be great to see an up-dated Rinker 400 series with diesels and two seperate heads!
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    Wish they still did DI - It would be great to see an up-dated Rinker 400 series with diesels and two seperate heads!

For now, the closest you'll get is the 390 with diesels.  Smaller swim platform and smaller rear seat and no salon couch is the main difference compared to 400.  

I think you'd have to go to at least a 42' (more like a 46) for twin heads.  I've seen 42s and 44s with 2 heads and they just lose too much space in the aft cabin for a head that ends up too small.

• Options
    Sea Ray 410 has two heads - or maybe it's one head with a ssecond shower?.... but not sure of actual LOA.
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Sea ray 400s usually all have dual heads
    fly or dancers 
  • Options
    RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

There is a 410 Coupe at my marina. It has dual heads and 2 state rooms.

Unsure of LOA as well.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics. Certainly bigger than I thought!  I was under the impression it was ‘just’ an updated 342. 

Pondering an upgrade from my 342 here. Might be interesting to look at this. Those big engines are a plus.  Getting tired of the outdrive issues though on mine.  Just not suitable for long cruises (4+ hours at a crack) IMO. Pods are the way to go I think on bigger boats. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    Sea Ray 410 has two heads - or maybe it's one head with a ssecond shower?.... but not sure of actual LOA.

I agree.  What I meant is I don't think anything below the 45' range is "big enough" that is should have 2 heads.  You lose a lot of space due to the extra head, so in a 45' or larger it's easier to accommodate it.

BD, just hold out and go a bit bigger and skip drives all together :)  I know, you lose the speed and efficiency with drives.  But dang, I'm getting tired of the expenses with drives and maintenance.  (before anyone states the 400 is too big for I/Os, two of my drives were replaced because of hitting something submerged, the 3rd one was believed to be a defect gear from Merc)

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Michael T said:

I agree.  What I meant is I don't think anything below the 45' range is "big enough" that is should have 2 heads.  You lose a lot of space due to the extra head, so in a 45' or larger it's easier to accommodate it.

BD, just hold out and go a bit bigger and skip drives all together :)  I know, you lose the speed and efficiency with drives.  But dang, I'm getting tired of the expenses with drives and maintenance.  (before anyone states the 400 is too big for I/Os, two of my drives were replaced because of hitting something submerged, the 3rd one was believed to be a defect gear from Merc)
    Your killing me here Dream!  Don't poop on BD's "dream" of scooping up my 360 with 3YRS FULL BUMPER TO BUMPER MERCRUISER  WARRANTY, the X Drives on this Beast are AWESOME! 
    BD, come visit this wknd and I will supply you a drool cup 🤤 and FULL TANK of fuel for your cruise home to HOLLAND in your new to you SUPER SWEET 2014 RINKER 360EC !
  • Options
    Sorry Bry, didn't mean to do that!  I do remember @alswagg saying the 360 is the best hull made!  I think he had said he had taken a 360 out on a test ride on Erie in 12-15ft waves?  & handled very well!  We have one on our dock that we cruise with and it's a beautiful boat!

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Sorry Bry, didn't mean to do that!  I do remember @alswagg saying the 360 is the best hull made!  I think he had said he had taken a 360 out on a test ride on Erie in 12-15ft waves?  & handled very well!  We have one on our dock that we cruise with and it's a beautiful boat!
    DREAM ! NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT !
    KEEPING BD's "DREAM" ALIVE !
    lol.
    All joking aside, someone is going to get an  AWESOME Yacht at a GREAT price and we will miss her dearly. 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @Black_Diamond....the drives Bryan has are X drives - IMO - overkill for that boat BUT will ensure many years of absolutely trouble-free service. I am not sure if they came standard on that boat but I specified them along with many of the other unique options Randy agreed to. FYI - They were removed at the end of the break-in period (that was at 20 hours) the lube was fully drained - ALL seals and gaskets replaced and Mercruiser alignment tool was used. The alignment was so good I could slide the tool fully in and out with just my thumb and index finger as I personally tested both and have the pics to prove it. This was done again a couple of months later at the end of (our) seasonn - maybe 40 hours on it the second time.

Maybe most important of all they were never treated roughly. Regardless that I intended to keep it 15 years I still would have been careful with it. I have treated all of my possessions with great respect.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    RINKER BALANCE Of POWER - THE KEY TO HAPPY BOATING

Rinker balance of power - the EC 310 and EC 360 are examples of a buyer's ability to take advantage of Rinker's superior marriage of hull with engine performance. IF you choose the right combination. 

After a LOT of research I chose 350 Mags for my 2013 EC 310 and 502 Mags for my 2014 EC 360. I opted for engines that were the most powerful offered by Rinker for each unit.

Thus both boats had engines that could easily (just ask any past or present owner of these two boats) get onto plane - even loaded for a trip. Friends with other makes of boats were astounded at the power and MILEAGE these combinations delivered. There was usually a 5 GPH difference (sometimes more!) between either of my previous Rinkers and friend's similar boats. Vesselview doesn't lie but they could hardly believe their eyes.

Long ago (it seems) I posted a comment that a friend with a Rinker 350 with 377 Mags went on a trip with a couple of us (another Rinker 360 with 496s - 8.1s) our buddy with the 350/377 quit the trip. He couldn't keep-up and was afriad of blowing his engines. BTW he was burning more than TEN GPH per hour than us at CRUISE.....3500 RPM

I know I keep harping on this but get big engines - they last longer, perform better and save gas.

Rinker makes awesome hulls - don't wreck their potential with a cheap engine selection - IMO - whether buying new or used remember "there is no substitution for cubic inches".

• Options
    Dream - maybe skip drives with a 50+ footer but below that direct drives will KILL you - as some of my friends have realized the money you lose due to crappy performance with direct drives will pay for a lifetime of drive service.....and a 50+ footer is a whole new ba$$ game that an EC 360.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @Michael T  I think the quote is "There's no replacement for displacement".  :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Bryan,

Fear not anyone even close to buying a boat in your EC 360s class has to consider yours - if they're in their right mind. 

1. They know how both of us have treated her. There are logs and a survey to confirm any doubter's doubts.

2. I passed savings along to you courtesy of currency valuations -savings that you are now able to offer the next owner.

3. This boat is unique in that there are special options that are unlikely available today and you have left nothing that I can think of in any area after your incredible customization. 

4. Mercury Factory Platinum Warranty. I spoke directly with the directory of marketing at Mercury. I told them if I needed something I did not want to be "screwed around" after dropping $15,000.00. I was told this will not happen - we will 100% look after you..... This is our Platinum Factory Warrenty - we are proud of it - it defines our service - we stand 100% behind it.

Finally, I do not believe this boat could arrive to an owner with this degree of customization and optioning for anything under $380,000.00 USD. Not to mention it being in better-than-new condition.

Just be ready for the sad feeling as you watch her pull away on someone else's trailer - as I speak from experience! :-(
  • Options
    I've gotta disagree with you MT, I wouldn't want a 44, 46, or a 48 with stern drives (not sure many that size would come that way, but do come with pod drives).  Over the years, I've seen more boats out of the water because of issues with their stern drive than all other problems combined.  

But, you are correct, we are talking a 360 here, not a 50 or even a 45.  My next one will be a totally different lifestyle, and hence, a totally different boat.  I'll certainly miss the speed of my current boat, but won't miss the maintenance involved with an I/O.  I'll also really miss, the most, keeping her on a lift!  Leaving a boat continuous in the water makes me cringe at the thought of all the growth and extra maintenance.  I still have at least several years or more before that happens.

As far as back on this topic, we both can actually agree the 360 is a great boat and someone will be getting a really nice well-taken care of one here. :)