Options

Dry Joint Manifolds and Risers

13»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an engine oil cooler and sounds like a mfg defect on the part...I looked through the thread and don't see his motor..that searay thread is on the 8.1 or whatever it is...I don't have one...AND he is checking his oil and he can see he is losing engine oil and knows which fluid he is dealing with. I just don't see that ps cooling as a replace for maintenànce item. Hope I'm wrong as that would be an easy fix.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the power steering cooler kinda the same design?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    rasbury said:
    So what fluid level was going down? Have yet to hear what had to be topped off. Alswsg has stated that the out drive would lose a few ounces over their typical season and I'm guessing that is going out the prop shaft. If your losing power steering then that is in the beilge, not going out of the boat and if it is engine oil, out the exhaust. I'm sure someone can chime in with more experience then me...might even be a leaking seal on your power trim manifold or trim cylinders...but not from your power steering!
    Not sure what fluid was low as I ran the boat for a whole 45 minutes before it went into storage. Last time I was on the boat, the PS fluid was at the bottom of the range. Drive oil was empty since the drives were pulled. Didn’t check trim oil level. 

Marina noted a sheen on the water coming from the starboard outdrive at start-up and their first nod was to the PS cooler. They may be off base but for $250 and a job I can tackle myself, plus knowing the existing coolers are 12 years old and salty, I am taking the “Aero” approach: if in doubt, make it new :smile:
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An easy fix if that's the problem, fingers crossed for you and post the results!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    I am taking the “Aero” approach: if in doubt, make it new :smile:
    LoL, I think I get that from maintaining aircraft.
    2008 330EC