Options

2004 Rinker 410 for sale in Ohio

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey gang, I have no affiliation, posting this for a fellow Lake Erie boater. He is working on more details, hours and more pics. It is a 2004 Rinker 410 with twin 8.1 V drive. Always fresh water, has all of the options that these came with. I believe engine hours are under 400 but still confirming. Asking $125k. Boat is in indoor heated storage in Sandusky, OH. PM me if you are interested in more info and I will connect you with the owner, Dennis. 

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I only wish
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs hard top
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....agree Steve would never buy that boat without the HT.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Geesh negative nancy’s today.... She is a lot more affordable than any 2000s 40’ boat out there with all amenities and a hard top, that’s for sure! 😉
    Post edited by Liberty44140 on

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Hey, it's a pretty boat, but I've always wondered why the 410s didn't have the hard tops.  I totally agree, I wouldn't touch it without it.  Sorry Liberty...

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Lol no problem, like I said no affiliation just trying to help a great guy sell a great, clean, freshwater boat. Lots of boat for the money, perfect “floating condo” weekender boat for anyone looking for the dock life. Cheers! 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    My 270 no hard top and I love it...bigger boat...I'd still love it. Kind of like the car business...a seat for every a$$...
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    @Liberty44140 just remember, young fella, that you get the "truth" (as Rinker owners see it) on this forum. That's what makes it so (IMO) valuable.! :-)
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Everyone has an opinion as to what they are looking for in a boat. I would personally would never buy a hardtop. Don't like them especially if the windshield and side glass goes all the way up to it. IMO its like driving a car on the water. If I want to be "inside" I will leave the canvas up or if I want to feel like I want to be outside I will take the canvas down. Can't do that with a hardtop. Like I said everyone has there own opinions...... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, has me wondering what the cost would be for the loan on this boat and the slip to keep it in. per month.. total costs per month under 1600 and that would work!
  • Options
    The glass on the Rinker EC 310/320 & EC 350/360/370 & former EC 400 does not go up to the hard top. I can say for certain the hard tops on the EC 310/320 and 360/370 keep the cockpit much cooler, actually funnel the breeze through the cockpit and make installing the Eisenglass/Strataglass and canvass waaaay easier not to mention installing items such as Satellite TV and radar domes. Noooo contest hard tops win from those standpoints.
  • Options
    @MT There are no winners or losers here. Its about personal preference so no hard tops dont win. My preference would be not to have it so that doesn't mean I lost. What it means is that I would have what I want....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like real men who want diesels. LMAO
  • Options
    Yea this thread was just posting a boat for sale, not comparing hard to soft tops. That doesn’t belong in a listing for sale (this is the classified section). I told this guy how awesome the Rinker community is and that it would be good for him to get the boat online here to spread the word. I hope he does not log on to see this. As a “young fella” I am  very sorry to see guys I’ve really respected and learned from for the last 5 years bashing a classified posted boat that someone is trying to sell for a reason like a personal preference. Sorry, I just can’t imagine criticizing a boat in the classifieds. 

• Options
    Not me Lib I love that boat............ I was "sticking up" for it.
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Not me Lib I love that boat............ I was "sticking up" for it.
    Yep you were, I was agreeing with your comments. Thanks Ray 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had the money, and the desire to take care of a boat now ... I think I'd live with a radar arch if it saved me big $$$ and this boat was in great condition. I wouldn't really care. I'd be more interested in the space the 410 would have to offer.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @Liberty44140 - what this forum has always stood for is honest opinion by the owners. It never has been a for sale column wherein owners will not voice their opinion for fear of offending someone who has a boat for sale. That said I believe any reasonable reader will realize that and see that it is opinion and make their own mind up. All Rinkers are very well made and priced boats and many Rinker owners have different opinions of options - probably why Rinker offers so many choices.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the look, durability, versatility and weather protection of the hard tops.   Kids like jumping off the hard top, a date night under the stars sitting on the hard top.  

Being in the south, Im not sure I'd like it in the heat of summer doldrums without a good genset and cockpit a/c.  Being able to bring down the canvas on those hot summer evenings would be a huge plus.  

That being said, unless i win the lottery(gotta start playing first) i won't be shopping for either.

The 410 hard top is my favorite rinker....with diesels because better.  

• Options
    There is so much room under the hard tops - I have been under the HTs for the 310,360 and 400 that the breeze just blows through.

There is no heat build-up under them. Instead there is less heat as the sun is kept off the cockpit and the white color reflects the heat.

There is still plenty of room to sun tan for those not as concerned with UVA/B exposure but for those with children the HT is a blessing. 

Had I kept my EC 360 my next project was going to be to either install a small stand alone AC unit in the cockpit or put a Y junction on one of the cabin ducts to allow the AC to be re-routed to the cockpit.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is off topic from the original post but what is the weight of just the hard top? When I put my arch down to transport, I couldn’t believe how heavy it was. I couldn’t imagine how heavy the hard top is. I wish my 330 had one but don’t think I would want to be taking all that extra weight with me. I want to say close to 700-800 pounds or more?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Hard Tops is like driving a car on the water...........
  • Options
    Yeah, a convertible as the wind blows under a hard top more as you increase speed.
  • Options
    MT I dont understand why your pushing so hard about this hard top thing. Its just not for everybody. IMO its garbage. Like I said I like the option of "opening" up my boat instead of CONSTANTLY being under a roof. No body is saying to you not to buy a hard top but you should respect my opinion on it like I do yours. Bro its not for everyone, let it go......................
  • Options
    John41John41 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I always liked the hardtops on boats that I’ve seen on the Hudson but it’s good to hear the pros and cons on everything. 
  • Options
    Again agree with Ray. I stand by my last. Negative criticism does not belong in a classified. MT you are flat out wrong if you think that negative opinions in classifieds is what this site is about. The knowledgeable and accurate responses to Boat questions and the willingness to help anyone on the site any time one can help is what makes it awesome. No opinions were requested here, it’s just and ad. I don’t think a hard top was offered in 2004, if it was I’ve never seen a boat older than 06 with a hard top, so this boat has every option that a 2004 could have and is an excellent buy. If you have any more negativity or want to debate hard tops than by all means start your own thread. That is where your opinion belongs. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Hard Top no Hard Top that is why the Ice Cream store has 53 flavors. I would love to have this boat just as is but I have my alimony payments...... just say'n 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Hard Top no Hard Top that is why the Ice Cream store has 53 flavors. I would love to have this boat just as is but I have my alimony payments...... just say'n 
    Prayers sent....

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    edited February 2020
    @Liberty44140 not that I feel in any way inclined to explain myself to you but - first I clicked the link "new discussions" which lead to this thread. Second - do I understand your statement correctly - if someone has an opinion that differs from yours - and at least two people did - does that make us negative. If so you must be a fun guy to have a discussion with? On any thread in this forum people express opinions. In the past some have been rather hotly contested (as we all love boats) and threads have been shut down. Unfortunately, you seem to feel that a disagreement with how you deem this forum to be run as negativity - which of course is your prerogative. 

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad that we can all agree diesel is better and this 410 is a beautiful boat!  

How does the hard top fair in cross flowing seas compared to a soft top?  Is there a noticeable diffence in the center of gravity where the hard top is more top heavy than the soft top?  Ive been in a few sport cruisers with tuna towers installed and it was very noticeable, felt like a pendulum.  Coming from sailboats its doesnt bother us but some people get seasick with even a small amount of motion.

Not a lot of hard tops on hartwell to check out in person.