Options

2004 Rinker 410 for sale in Ohio

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer hard top boats Mike. As shown in another thread you’ve commented in, I am buying one. I have not commented here on my opinion on hard vs soft as it doesn’t matter here. Very open to opinions, just not in an ad. let’s try this.....

It’s the same thing as if you posted your last boat here for sale, and someone posted back immediately that black boats are bad because they take a lot more maintenance to maintain than a white one and as many times as you tried to nicely cool that discussion in your ad (many people love black and don’t care about extra compounding) one poster just will not let it go how bad it would be to buy a black boat. Think you’d like a guy going on and on as to why your boat is a bad buy in your ad? 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should have a diesel in it...there, that will stir the pot a little more!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is beautiful boat and hope he has good luck with the sale.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    For the record black boats dont do well here being this far south, they fade quickly and can blister in the heat.  

Black on sides isnt bad, black topsides really gets it bad.  My step bro has an all black Malibu.  Less than 10 yrs old and already had a paint job.

Lots of black pwc's here, they keep a bucket on board to wet anyting you touch before getting on.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    .5 mpg. Dam!
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 .....using your example - people have posted that they do not like black hulls for a variety of reasons. We have had lengthy discussions on this forum regarding using soft water, Johnson's baby Shampoo and Carnuba-based waxes to counter streaking/fading etc. on blue , black etc. hulls. I do not believe I have ever admonished anyone for saying they did not like the black hulls on my two (former) Rinkers. I will say that I never had a negative expression from anyone who say them - lots of positive comments though. I believe in strength of knowledge through diversity of opinion. There have been many disagreements on this forum over the years but very few times have people been admonished for having an opinion. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Alswagg said:
    Just for the record.  The gas engines were always faster than diesels in this model.  
    We are no longer friends!  

On a boat that size, you can tow with a f550 but could you trailer load/launch or was a crane needed?

• Options
    Well that was my last attempt, the point is not going to be realized here. No problem Mike, wish you nothing but the best! Hope the trip is just wonderful. 

Wow 14’ waves in a 410 Al... now that is something, unbelievable. 

Thanks Chris!

• Options
    I am a fair weather boater...I think about 3' is the worse I ever saw on our lake- and usually on the river and the largest waves are other boat wakes. My wife freaks out with any bump along the way...
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I am a fair weather boater...I think about 3' is the worse I ever saw on our lake- and usually on the river and the largest waves are other boat wakes. My wife freaks out with any bump along the way...

Ras, I'm with you . We once were coming back to Canada from Erie PA in 3-4 footers. It beat up the boat pretty bad. Both front berth shelves broke away from sides, the table ,tv, and upper shelves were all broken. I think the older Rinker flat hulls pound too much in rough waters 
  • Options
    Mine is a 270 and takes the waves just fine- just avoid a ruff trip if I can. If my wife gets scared, we will be done with boating plus I just don't have the experience or the benefit of a boating mentor- don't want to get over my head, figuratively or literally!
  • Options
    Al I’ve been there a couple of times, those islands seem to hide storms well. One night I was on a sailboat headed in to Kelly’s when one hit us, 5’ waves and 65kt breeze.... put the 10hp yanmar in to full throttle and headed in to it for an hour making zero distance over ground. 

• Options
    Now that would scare the crap out of me and why I do not go into the ocean iny my own. I do not have experience to deal with that at all.
  • Options
    2 schools of thought

1. no great sailor was ever made on calm waters

2.  If you're a cruiser and find you're pushing yourself into uncomfortable weather/seas then you're not crusing properly.  Stay in port, over eat and drink too much, check out the town, hit the water when the weather and seas are perfect.

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    goalie59 said:

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    icoultha said:
    goalie59 said:

Same here, we avoid going out if the weather/wind etc means having to work it, we do it for fun, not because we have to. If we get caught out - and we rarely do but we often get microcells here in summer that downpours and blows like crap for 10 minutes or so - ride it out.
    Same applies with the Harley - I like to ride, not that I have to so I don’t have any weather gear, don’t go out when raining and come home before the storm where I can. If I get wet due to unforeseen - so be it. One exception - charity rides, especially the Patriot Flight ones. I could put up with a bit of snow and 34F early April one year considering what these guys went through.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    I'll agree with @PickleRick here.  Stretch your skills.  Unless you are strictly a day boater on a small lake, you can't avoid finding yourself "in the shitt" sooner or later.  A Harley can find an overpass and stop.  In a boat, you have to learn to deal with it.  
  • Options
    Overall I agree, like captain Ron said “if it’s gonna happen, it will happen out there”.... I certainly don’t go out on bad days on purpose just to prove something and I definitely try to avoid bad weather, but when your 25 miles from home and it’s blowing 25 with 5 ft waves sometimes you’ve got to go home as much as you don’t want to. 

• Options
    Not saying I cant do it, just don’t have a need to not enjoy the time out.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    icoultha said:
    Not saying I cant do it, just don’t have a need to not enjoy the time out.
    You are a cruiser!  Let the rest of these guys jolt their cabins apart! My san juan 26 is over 6000 lbs, i wouldnt raise the sails if the wind was over 20 mph.  I like 15 to 20 knots winds with a reefed main and working jib.  The family doesn't like to heel in 10 knot winds.  The displacement hull takes waves much better than our flat bottom hulls but again, comfort is our top priority.

Ive been caught in many bad thunder storms, straight line winds and hail. Being that we stay on the hook, we're going to ride out whatever the weather throws at us.   Whenever possible i find a leeside cove or island, drop anchor with double the usual scope and ride it out.    

The boat will handle more than we can in most cases,  the admirals usually sets the threshold and if they are afriad of the water theres not going to be much time on the water. So i dont do anything stupid on the water that would send the admiral into a panic attack.
  • Options
    Well said!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Alswagg said:
    Well you know your in big water when standing at the helm of a 420 and you drive down into the trough of the wave and you loose site of the horizon. At that point you must power up the wave to blast off the crest 
    I had this happen a few years back in my 400.  Was leaving out of Cape May, NJ (for those that may know that inlet).  Heading directly out of the inlet into a SE wind.  I had to go about 2 miles, with each wave coming directly over my bow and splashing over the hardtop.  Some hit the windshield, but if I go lucky it just flew over the top.  The worst was that after I had to time it right and do a sharp turn to the north, but not let the wave crest over my stern.  Definitely a bit of pucker factor!  But you sure do learn.  Was the only time the admiral ever got sea sick (because after turning north, it was difficult to "ride" the waves...& doing that for an hour so can get to you, especially if you aren't the one behind the wheel).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Apples to apples....oranges to oranges.    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it doesn't mean you have to ram it down someone elses throat.  I believe this post started out as a boat for sale in Ohio,  and then somewhere along the line if digressed to this. How is this for an idea, start a thread about hardtops, so we all don't have to read through the arguing.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Don't consider the discussion an argument rather an opinion, some were for some were against. I consider it a rendering of opinions. When you click on "new discussions" this thread appeared. It was IMO a discussion. How is this for an idea, if you don't like a discussion don't read it. How is this for another idea- maybe we have exhausted this discussion? BTW aren't you a little late to this discussion - it had already moved on and isn't it you who has resurrected it?
  • Options
    If you had a hard top you wouldn't need to tie bumpers to the bimini. 
  • Options
    When we do have to make runs on those days that I'd rather be at the dock, our rule is to keep it slow and steady. On the 342 I found that I could run in 4 ft chop at 17mph on plane with the tabs way down. Not sure on RPM, probably around 3800. Used more fuel but was much more comfortable that way. I also got more comfortable throttling back when we saw a big one coming so that we hit it softly. 

• Options
    I got an email from the seller today. Price revised to $99,000.00

Link below to 67 pics:

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2004-rinker-fiesta-vee-410-7141511/

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW, that’s a big drop from the original $125k ! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    If I hit the lotto this weekend that will be mine and there will be a free 270 available...
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Well, $125k was not a realistic price.  But I will say the engine room looks well-maintained.