Options

Off topic: Rinker owners who grill!

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roast turned out great. 2 1/2 hours at 200 on smoke, pulled at 120, onto the sizzling hot Broil King for the reverse sear until 135 and then wrapped and rested for 10 minutes. An All-Canadian meal. Alberta beef, Ontario Asparagus, Nova Scotia Lobster and P.E.I. Mussels.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound You my friend are living large!!!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    @Willhound You my friend are living large!!!
    More like getting large....from eating. :s
  • Options
    Meat is going up, was going to stock up could not do it. went to Sam's today.
    Only thing I bought there was some marked down beef tenderloin. a little aged, I like um that way. 4 for $40

Prime Brisket $85.00 $4.84 lb
    Baby backs $3.98 lb
    Pork butts  $1.79 lb
    Ribeye's   $12.99 lb
    fillets        $19.00 lb
    90% GB     $3.98 LB

I did find another local store that had butt's for $.99 a lb, bought the last 3 they had.  

Boat Name : 

• Options
    That's about what we now pay CDN so should be 25 to 30 % less there...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I looked into these high prices on meat. Here's what is found.

per bushel
    Corn$6.57
    a hundredweight
    Live Cattle$120.100s
    Feeder Cattle$154.125s
    Pork Cutout$123.325s
    Corn normally 3.50 to 4 this time of year ,feeders are normally around 110 per hundredweight and pork less than 50 per hundredweight. As you can see pork is 3 times the normal price, corn double and cattle up 25 to 50 percent of normal. It's going to get ugly

I believe that this is the start of major inflation hitting us hard in the pocketbook. I look for groceries to continue going higher in the foreseeable future. The drought in the West and Southwest play into this however . Cattle and pork rose again yesterday. We are at scary levels.
    Consumer index of future buying [ 6 months out] shows that new home sales will decline 5%. and major appliance sales down a whopping 42%. This is a very bad sign for the economy and a sign of higher prices to come.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    I looked into these high prices on meat. Here's what is found.

per bushel
    Corn$6.57
    a hundredweight
    Live Cattle$120.100s
    Feeder Cattle$154.125s
    Pork Cutout$123.325s
    Corn normally 3.50 to 4 this time of year ,feeders are normally around 110 per hundredweight and pork less than 50 per hundredweight. As you can see pork is 3 times the normal price, corn double and cattle up 25 to 50 percent of normal. It's going to get ugly

I believe that this is the start of major inflation hitting us hard in the pocketbook. I look for groceries to continue going higher in the foreseeable future. The drought in the West and Southwest play into this however . Cattle and pork rose again yesterday. We are at scary levels.
    Consumer index of future buying [ 6 months out] shows that new home sales will decline 5%. and major appliance sales down a whopping 42%. This is a very bad sign for the economy and a sign of higher prices to come.
    You didn’t mention Lumber or Oil or Metal and metals
  • Options
    What about Chicken???
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Eat more chicken.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    I invest in chicken futures.  As in, there's chicken in my future this weekend.
  • Options
    Memorial day cook, injected and put on rub the nite before.

3 Pork butts , 2 were 10 lbs 1 was 8 lbs

After 5 hour smoke wrap in foil.

Finished in 9 hour, int. temp 200

Guaranteed greatness

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Rec Tec pellet grill, bought in May 2017, still works as good as the day it arrived. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I need to get my smoke on!  Looks great Randy.
  • Options
    Looks awesome!
  • Options
    Friday's test cook, first time doing a tritip, 1.75 lbs, found on sale at local grocery store $6.99  per lb. SV for 6 hours reverse sear to int. temp 140. took about 7 min, flipping every 1.5 min.  grill greats were 650 degrees, let it rest 10 min. before carving.  I think these left overs will make great street taco's. Tender and juice 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    You guys are great inspirations!

Last weekend, I made shredded pork BBQ with 12 pounds of bone-in pork shoulder.  First I cold-smoked them for about 20 minutes:  out of the fridge, dry rub with salt and pepper, wait 20 minutes.  Then onto the Weber Summit with all the smoke I could muster, but no heat under the meat. Let that cold meat soak up the smoke.  

Then, with the grill as hot as it gets, I seared each side for a couple minutes before sending it into a crock pot for 12 hours.    

To shred the meat, all I had to do was pick up a fork and say "shred."   :)

The Admiral made a dill white sauce and a bourbon red sauce.  Didn't have a lot of leftovers.  
  • Options
    To shred the meat, all I had to do was pick up a fork and say "shred."

I bet it was tender.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Sunday test cook, I like onions, bacon, hamburger, cheese, bbq. Found this and couldn't find fault with that delectable dish. Onion bombs. Found this and tried it. Cook time was longer that he said. Two thumbs up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nQKj7Kh4A

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Those look quite tasty!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making pork belly burnt ends this weekend, for the first time ... can't wait!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    @randy56. That was some nice bark on those pork butts
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Sunday test cook / a winner chicken dinner 

1- 5/6 lb yard bird
    1 lemon, halved-put in cavity
    1 head garlic chopped, or a couple table spoons garlic minced  -in cavity with lemon,  sprinkle rub all sides of chicken, I used Onion salt, celery salt, pepper, garlic salt.
    add 8 small potato's 4 carrots cut up in 1/2 inch chunks, 2 white or red onion's cut up. Add 1/4 to 1/2 stick of butter, drizzle a good amount of olive oil on vegies. sprinkle every thing, with ground parsley. 
    Pre heat smoker to 425, cook for 1 hour 15 min, uncovered, or till juice run clear or 150
    degrees. Cover with foil when done cooking and let it rest 20 minutes. If you can wait that long. 
    You can do this in a large Dutch oven in the oven. I rate this one a 10 for tenderness, juicy, flavorful.

Before

After,  wish you could smell it, 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Simple dinner of smoked ribs, beer can chicken, corn and......smoked pineapple!  The pineapple was dredged in brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and some nutmeg and then put on the top rack of the smoker. Tasted awesome and add2d some sweetness to the ribs smoking below.
  • Options
    Well, it may not look beautiful, but it sure tastes good. This was the Rockfish we caught on Father's Day. Well, some of it. The top piece was with cajun spice and bottom one with lemon pepper.

• Options
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to grill in the rain tonight. Glad I did because as soon as I lit the grill we lost power. First time using the burner!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Well, it may not look beautiful, but it sure tastes good. This was the Rockfish we caught on Father's Day. Well, some of it. The top piece was with cajun spice and bottom one with lemon pepper.

I can taste that now John! Not as good as Mahi though 🤓
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Are you guys laying the foil directly on top of the grates leaving the fish open to the heat?
  • Options
    Are you guys laying the foil directly on top of the grates leaving the fish open to the heat?
    Yes, I put the foil directly on the grates.  I add a little olive oil to keep it from sticking.  Has turned out perfect each time so far.

• Options