Options

Off topic: Rinker owners who grill!

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some jerky today.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    That's a nice Valentines Day dinner!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice no kids, going to be a good night. Like the 14 in the back ground.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    That's a nice Valentines Day dinner!
    We were trying to figure it out, it’s been a 15-20 year valentines tradition.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I notice no kids, going to be a good night. Like the 14 in the back ground.
    We made sure they ate early and put them down early 😎.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:

Your counter tops, is that ubatuba granite? If so that's what we have too.
  • Options
    @RiverRat232 , I’m not sure. It was already installed when we bought the house.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    My new Cabela's HD Vacuum Sealer arrived last night. This is gonna up my jerky and smoked cheese game big time. Very impressed and was on sale too. Wife made a comment about my new "smoking toy" so I proved a point by using the manual setting as per the last pic. She got upset when I asked her where her cat was though..😎

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That must be so satisfying!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Well.... I don't know about the lettuce. 😉 Although I do eat a lot of veggies and love salads. Friend got me into smoking various cheeses with a cold smoke rack I set up. It's much better if you seal it and let it sit at least 4 to 6 weeks so the trick is to always have lot's made ahead.
  • Options
    My opinion, Vac packer"s are a must have. Have eat BBQ that had been in two years. What cat? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Wife has a cat. More like the cat has us. I like to tease my wife so as I was happily trying out the sealer on different items I innocently asked her where the cat was. She must want to go fishing because she called me a "Basshole". 😋
  • Options
    I can see the grin on your face. innocent ?  >:)
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    How do you grillers clean your grill grates?  And do you clean them before cooking, after cooking, or both?

I have a Grill Daddy, which is a brush with a built-in water reservoir.  When the valve is open, water drips out through the bristles of the brush.  It looks like a toy, but it's very effective.

https://www.amazon.com/Basting-Barbecue-Stainless-Cleaning-Accessories/dp/B085W8BPHX

• Options
    Got away from wire brushes after a scare when bristles came out and we found them in the food. Now use a scouring pad (like Scotch Brite) mounted on a handle. Get the grill good and hot, dip the pad in water and give it a scrub. Watch for hot steam. Shines it right up and when they get a little grimy just throw it away.
  • Options
    at home i have mop sink in the garage, every 3-4 cooks, depending on grease. I clean them in extremely hot  water with a wire brush that looks like a large tooth brush. Away from home I get the grates extremely hot and use a wire brush with scraper. When all done smack the $hit out of them. And look closely In fear of a loose bristle. also have one of these.  Maybe not that brand.
    SafeClean Bristle-Free Grill Brush - 18 Stainless Steel

Boat Name : 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were saying that the wire bristles fall out and get in the meat
  • Options
    Looks like that one is a single coil of wire instead of bristles.  Interesting.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were saying that the wire bristles fall out and get in the meat
    Unless someone is wire brushing their grill while the meat is still cooking, or they have grease balls the size of golf balls that the bristles can get stuck in ... I honestly don't see how that happens. People have been using wire bristle grill cleaners for about 100 years (or more).  A few people get a wire bristle in a piece of meat, and that's it ... entire thing gets thrown out the window ... no more room for common sense.

I clean my grill AFTER the meat is off, and while the grill is still hot. Then BEFORE I cook the next time, I wipe the grill down with wet paper towels (takes 10 seconds).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Looks like that one is a single coil of wire instead of bristles.  Interesting.
    I've used it ... have one for my big green egg.  Was replaced with a wire bristle cleaner after 1 day.  They are not as good.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early morning of bread baking and smoking fish. Almost forgot I had the fish in brine to smoke this morning. 

These are King Salmon for those of you unfamiliar, ha ha they are smelt from the river nearby.

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Whatever you call it, it looks good ...
  • Options
    I haven't had smelt since I was a kid. Neighbors brought us about 75 of them all cleaned and ready and I tried some of their smoked ones and they are good. They are more oily and fatty then most fish, which I like. Interesting season that they open depending on counts so last Tuesday it opened for 6 hours in the morning and all you do is use a dip jet from shore and scoop them up with a 10 lb limit. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @Aqua_Aura Never had that before, we been eating fresh caught Grouper this week. You owe your nice neighbor. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I  did hand make them sourdough and baked it this morning for them. They are retired and have all sorts of treats for us randomly. 

They're getting close 

Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    They look like they’re going to be tasty! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting their smoke on today?!

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current