Options

Fuel Sender

13»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC  Order a new gasket also. Your old one is probably fine but it’s worth the piece of mind.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @aero3113 will do!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Got in touch with Don from ISSPRO. Very helpful guy. The sender needs to be custom made. $175 with new gasket and screws. 
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Got in touch with Don from ISSPRO. Very helpful guy. The sender needs to be custom made. $175 with new gasket and screws. 
    Nice, not bad at all. When I needed my port sender, I was able to still get it from Rinker before they closed. They will install the same connector that you need as well?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I didn't ask but I've got some Deutsch connectors left over from when I connected the senders to VesselView.
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    I didn't ask but I've got some Deutsch connectors left over from when I connected the senders to VesselView.
    👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Got the new sender installed. Simple re and re. Only suggestion to anyone doing this is to remember where the wires exited the sender so that you can position the new sender in the right place. There are 5 bolts that hold the sender in place and the bolt spacing is not symmetrical. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Got the new sender installed. Simple re and re. Only suggestion to anyone doing this is to remember where the wires exited the sender so that you can position the new sender in the right place. There are 5 bolts that hold the sender in place and the bolt spacing is not symmetrical. 
    Did you apply sealer to the bolt holes before screwing down. When we replaced mine, they didn't do that, and fuel was leaking through the bolt holes ... they applied the sealant, and then everything was fine.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    No but I will keep an eye on it, thanks for the info!