Options

Tell me how you big single screw guys get on plane using your trim tabs

13»

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1.5 and 1.6 drives for high horse power diesels are a little rare on production boats, is my 220 hp a high hp?   Its not so much a slow boat but a fast amphibious tractor
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine were 240 HP each
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ok so not much more powerful.  Also same rpm range
    I found the area where the serial number is etched, i will be cleaning it tonight in an attempt to locate.  It needs painting badly

I had good luck on my alpha one brass wire brushing bare then painting with rattle can self etch primer.  I then finished off with rattle can acrylic black.  

Not mercury recommended but the job is only as good as the prep work no matter what paint you use.  
  • Options
    Hill marine recommended what i think was called a fat cow 4 blade prop. 16 pitch.  Will improve acceleration and top speed.  Sub 700 bucks.  I think it's worth a shot.  
  • Options
    yes yes yes!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    edited July 2020
    Definitely!!!  I have the big cow and it's amazing!!!  I also have B2 drives like you.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I thought when going from 4 to 3 prop you need to drop 2 inches on pitch.  I need to gain 400 to 500 rpm (sounds small) and that means ill go from 17 to 16 prop, i feel like id be losing rpms.

Again, im not a prop expert but id assume id it performs like crap they'd make an exchange with me so long as shes damage free
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 to 16 will give 250 more rpm
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Im sorry i misstated that. Im going from 3 prop to 4 prop where i thought a 2 inch reduction was required to maintain current rpm.  And i want to have 400 or a little more gain. 

Maybe I'm over thinking it

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They told me to go with 20p. I think I'm good to go 22p. Will let you know when it eventually happens
  • Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    I have a diesel 270. I have found that, when I have a four or five people on board, it planes much easier if I can get them to sit as far forward as possible. I have a bravo 2X, but not absolutely sure of the ratio. I think it is 1.65.
  • Options
    Ive emailed a few vendors about an air conditioner, it will mount under the v berth.  Thay would give me a little more weight up front.
  • Options
    You can always exchange the prop but verify correct RPM too. I bought a laser tach to confirm
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Defender for your A/C
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct