Options

Well, Now I've gone and done it!

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m similar, $5k for our marina membership, pool membership and dock for the summer. $2k for winter storage indoor cold. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m similar, $5k for our marina membership, pool membership and dock for the summer. $2k for winter storage indoor cold. 
    That's awesome! You're 40+ feet. We've got no pool, no potable water and no security gates on the docks.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best deal around Georgian Bay is Brandy’s Cove Marina. Everything is turn key and the location is amazing. Problem for me is no pool for the little guy and I’m spoiled with a slip adjacent to shore so I can park less than 50’ from the boat. Schlepping gear and food long distance sucks. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow and I was planning on negotiating down my $240 a month,of course we have ne where near the amenities I'm sure you all have. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Yah I know. I chuckle when @J3ff complains about slip fees in the Keys. It's the freaking Keys man!
    Most owners here pay well over the value of the boat after a few years of slip fees.
    7500 a year here for a slip for the 270, if you live aboard it's another 120p! And people think that's a good deal? 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice @Willhound , congratulations!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I think that guy got a great deal. Now get yourself a new rig and head up to Georgian Bay!
  • Options
    Also make sure the new owner transfers the registration. Some will try to avoid doing so to skip the taxes. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...gonna buy a bayliner or rv now?😂😂😂😂

Either way your continuted participation is required.  

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Well, you done did it now!  You are Boatless!  It won't hit you till next spring. Enjoy not having to winterize.  Congrats and you better stay on the forum!!👍

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody wins! those people got a good boat. Will - got a pocket full of cash.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Don't worry. I'll stay on and be a pain in the a$$. No plans at this time. Funny that PickleRick should mention a Bayliner. My Dad has a mid 80's 22 foot Ciera cuddy that he'd give me. Needs a new outboard. Also seen a few Captiva Cuddy's I like. But no fast decisions. Wife started a new business that is starting to gather steam so we'll concentrate on that for now. Some of the bucks will go into sprucing up the house for a potential sale to downsize. Then life gets real easy. 2 years or so to a comfy retirement so time to start getting our ducks into a row. Heading back to the marina for 6 to hand over the keys and collect the rest of the stack. They thought they'd lowball me a bit with cash but I held out so they're gathering a larger stack. The wife texted me to apologise but said she and the kids love the boat and are very excited. So all good.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    YYZRC said:
    Also make sure the new owner transfers the registration. Some will try to avoid doing so to skip the taxes. 
    I have the Bill of Sale from the Transport Canada site that I'll have him sign. Also a receipt. I'll send copies so they can track him down. Will also cancel the insurance.
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep the insurance on it till everything is fully clear. Insurance is prorated for seasonal boating. Not like you’re gonna get a big premium refund.

weirder things have happened.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Don't worry. I'll stay on and be a pain in the a$$. No plans at this time. Funny that PickleRick should mention a Bayliner. My Dad has a mid 80's 22 foot Ciera cuddy that he'd give me. Needs a new outboard. Also seen a few Captiva Cuddy's I like. But no fast decisions. Wife started a new business that is starting to gather steam so we'll concentrate on that for now. Some of the bucks will go into sprucing up the house for a potential sale to downsize. Then life gets real easy. 2 years or so to a comfy retirement so time to start getting our ducks into a row. Heading back to the marina for 6 to hand over the keys and collect the rest of the stack. They thought they'd lowball me a bit with cash but I held out so they're gathering a larger stack. The wife texted me to apologise but said she and the kids love the boat and are very excited. So all good.

It's about the time of year to buy a good used outboard.

Just keep in mind bayliners are notorious for spontaneous sinking!

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you have to change your profile picture to you standing next to a bunch of money. 🤑
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news! Congrats! Sounds like a good deal all around.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a Motorhome now!!
  • Options
    Need a bigger stack. Although my hands are shaking right now. Never had such a big stack of Hundy's in my pocket before....Gonna get drunk and cry now.... 
  • Options
    mattie said:
    Keep the insurance on it till everything is fully clear. Insurance is prorated for seasonal boating. Not like you’re gonna get a big premium refund.

weirder things have happened.
    I 100% agree 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Need a bigger stack. Although my hands are shaking right now. Never had such a big stack of Hundy's in my pocket before....Gonna get drunk and cry now.... 
    So it’s official!!! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yep. I have to send the Bill of Sale into our Federal govt that handles boat registrations but in the meantime my signed receipt is all that's required. It's wierd here that the registration is federal but the Provincial govt expects sales tax. But it's not voluntary by the purchaser. The Fed's send a notice, eventually, to the Province who then sends a tax notice to the new owner. Sometimes takes 5 years. Sometimes never happens at all. A wierd system. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I never received a tax bill for my old boat.  Small wins.
  • Options
    NY requires a bill of sale written up and signed by both the buyer and seller at purchase. Any amount can be put on it, I always found that strange. Even though a broker, ask me how I know. LoL
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    I would think the amount you enter is determined by whether you don't mind getting arrested for tax evasion.   :#
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. There are departments specifically to look into potential evasions tactics such as low balling a sale price, not being out of the sate for the minimum time etc.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats 👏 don't be like me and buy another right away.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    icoultha said:
    Exactly. There are departments specifically to look into potential evasions tactics such as low balling a sale price, not being out of the sate for the minimum time etc.
    They must have all been laid off for the last 25 years.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I have signed copies of a receipt as well as a bill of sale downloaded from the Transport Canada website that I had the new owner sign. It's my job to send it in for the change in registration. But I may need a copy of his id with a signature. But who the heck wants to leave a signed copy of their license with a "stranger" these days. I've notified him it may be needed but I'm going to see if he can send it direct. I was also going to offer an ,"alternate" receipt but he never brought it up so I never offered. The subject of tax didn't come up and I didn't want him trying to use it as price leverage. I figured it's not my job to educate him on possible tax implications. Hey, buyer beware!