Options

Well, Now I've gone and done it!

13»

Comments

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Congrats @Willhound  on your sale. Make sure you wash your hands after handling all that cash.....never know where it has been  wink:
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....if y'all are gonna insist on putting up money shots....here's the actual pile. Just before it went in the bank. About 2 1/4 inches of Hundy's with some 50's thrown in gets you  a 2000 FV270.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    It's been a strange day. Yesterday I just felt the exhilaration of making the deal and getting all that cash. Earlier today I was thinking how great and stress free it felt not having to take about 4 of my days off over the next couple of weeks to put the boat to bed. Later today I was on here and when I saw my profile pic and realized I guess I should change it....but maybe not right away. And at the end of the work day I had a brief moment where I thought "I wonder how the boating weather is tomorrow for my day off"......and then realized it doesn't matter. So it's starting to hit me. I will probably drop by the marina tomorrow to make sure no buoys or lines were left at the slip and drop off my annual tip to the shop techs that are always so helpful. And when I see that empty slip.....who knows.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL! I have pictures of the stacks from when I bought my 242 and 330!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I have are pictures of the stacks before giving them to the mechanic 🥺
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drug dealers??
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    drug dealers??
    Well, if he is, his two young boys and wife sure love him. Nice family. Russians, I believe. There is a large community of Russian immigrants in the north part of Toronto, and many coming into this area also. They have a healthy dis-trust of authority, government and large financial institutions. A stack of cash buried in the backyard would not be out of the ordinary. Very status and style conscious, the men are always immaculately dressed, but usually in some kind of name brand athletic clothing. The ladies always with a good hair style and made up to the 9's. Many I've met can seem very brusque at first, but generally nice people. They sure do appreciate the opportunities outside of the old country. Anyway, a stack of hundreds has no history.....
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absurd how small a stack of 100's is when it's even $50k ... you think ... man $50k is a lot of money, and expect at least a brief case ... and it's a bit of an anticlimax when you see how small the stack really is! LOL.

Willhound ... the feeling is bitter sweet, isn't it. You'll appreciate not having to clean, maintain and fix ... but you'll miss the freedom of going on the wide open lake ...  

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    It's been a strange day. Yesterday I just felt the exhilaration of making the deal and getting all that cash. Earlier today I was thinking how great and stress free it felt not having to take about 4 of my days off over the next couple of weeks to put the boat to bed. Later today I was on here and when I saw my profile pic and realized I guess I should change it....but maybe not right away. And at the end of the work day I had a brief moment where I thought "I wonder how the boating weather is tomorrow for my day off"......and then realized it doesn't matter. So it's starting to hit me. I will probably drop by the marina tomorrow to make sure no buoys or lines were left at the slip and drop off my annual tip to the shop techs that are always so helpful. And when I see that empty slip.....who knows.
    Well I can tell you that after I sold my boat there are no more chiropractor appointments 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound I expected it to be bigger.  B)
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    That's what SHE said!
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    There’s something to be said for no longer worrying about the boat, the expense, the physical work to keep it up, wondering what maintenance I should be doing ( or having done), wondering what’s going to break next, the constant checking the weather to know when the next good window will come to go boating.  Having said, that I just spent the most beautiful warm fall day on the boat with my wife in a deserted bay yesterday.  And this morning i’m reading the Rinker forum with a cup of coffee laying out on my v-berth.  

I’m just not quite ready to give that up.

Big congrats @Willhound.

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Will congratulations .......youll be disappointed when you start looking and compare whats out there to what you just sold    believe me I just drove 3 hrs Friday to look at a boat opened the engine hatch and left Then 2 hrs Saturday to look at a 242 rinker guy was asking 15 and when I got there he admitted the pictures he posted we're from 3 years ago when he bought it 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    one boat the photos were of the actual cabin but the photo of the motor was definitely not of the one on the boat 
  • Options
    I will admit I used a couple of old photos in my ad. From when I bought it. But they didn't lie because the real thing looked better than the pics from the cleaning and upgrades that I did. One guy even commented that it looked better than the pics.
    Yes, I already miss that feeling of flying over the water without a care. But the season here is over in another 10 days or so so I'm not missing much. We'll see what spring brings. I dropped some thank you cards off at the marina today. Some gift cards for coffee for the girls in the office and a bit of cash for my mechanic. I usually do something at the end of the year anyway. Was told that it didn't matter how full they are in the spring, if we pick something up they'll find a spot for me. Even without the tips here and there we've been good clients and help out where we can. Keep it clean and respect other members. Not everyone in the marina does. Respect both ways goes a long ways.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    YYZRC said:
    That's what SHE said!
    I was in the main vault of a major bank any years ago and was tossed a pile of notes that was 100k. It’s not that big.

Not like the $100M (yes, one hundred million) on a pallet I used as a ladder one day.....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Good luck Will. Enjoyed the posts. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Thanks @tk1973. Hanging around for a bit. Will be boat shopping over the winter. Looking for something I can trailer. Like the Captiva models. Maybe a cuddy, but a bowrider would be ok too. Would love to find something that had a little better head facilities and maybe a cooktop, but hard to find in something I can easily pull with those.
    In the meantime I finally changed my profile pic. Panama City Beach pier, last winter.