Sigh. Oil Leak, BIG ONE.

124»

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South Carolina rocks...we can get 4 seasons in one week
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may be my next move.... I can take the heat down here now.. But this isn't a place I'll be for more than 10 years
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    J3ff said:
    Well she's back in the water at the dock. I did one more swap of the oil and there was no water at all in it.. that's the end of this saga. To be continued whenever the next thing pops up! 
    That would be next week
    Well that only took 24 hours.  We've gotten TONS of rain lately...inches and inches.. went to lay down, mattress soaked. Fans/heaters/ac on blast got the carpet dry in a couple hours,  traced the water, looks like it was the Stbd side windshield screws, well one of them at least. Was up at 8am re-caulking the screws. New foam mattress on the way. Can't wait for the dry season. I swear between Dec and June it didn't rain for at least 3 months 
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    Still...you can go swimming in the water today.

Out high temp today is almost 80 but the water has already dropped into the 70s making it useless for swimming
    Ha. Ha. Ha. We're lucky if Lake Michigan hits 70 during the summer. When my son was in last week helping put the boat away he jumped in for a quick swim. Water temp was 61F. About normal for us around here.
    The water was 84 last weekend... felt "cool" after dealing with 93 degree water all summer!!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The keys weather is perfect but late winter the water gets a little chilly. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    J3ff said:
    Well she's back in the water at the dock. I did one more swap of the oil and there was no water at all in it.. that's the end of this saga. To be continued whenever the next thing pops up! 
    That would be next week
    Well that only took 24 hours.  We've gotten TONS of rain lately...inches and inches.. went to lay down, mattress soaked. Fans/heaters/ac on blast got the carpet dry in a couple hours,  traced the water, looks like it was the Stbd side windshield screws, well one of them at least. Was up at 8am re-caulking the screws. New foam mattress on the way. Can't wait for the dry season. I swear between Dec and June it didn't rain for at least 3 months 
    Told you
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    J3ff said:
    That would be next week
    Told you
    Just ordered a plastic cover for it. Next time only the carpet gets wet!!
  • Options
    8 am keys time is like 4am EST
  • Options
    will admit I watch the morning news at noon now ha ha!
  • Options
    No shame in that...island time and all.