Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm up about 15% on Bitcoin. My gut tells me get out and run....but?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Willhound said:
    Yeah, I'm up about 15% on Bitcoin. My gut tells me get out and run....but?

Run Forrest Run! :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Sold my CAT calls today for 56% win overnight. Didn't make as much as I wanted but market was crappy again today so sold when I saw weakness. Paid $243 sold for $380. High on those today was $415 so almost nailed the top but oh well. Lost $60 yesterday trading this so my net was only about $80 each contract but still a nice overnighter. Traded TSLA calls a few times today too for small wins. Think I was up about $80 on those today. Tried JPM twice but failed both times so lost $23 on those today. DE was another I had an alert set on. It triggered but the volume on the calls wasn't much so I sat out of that one. Those were my only trades today. Net for the day was +$197.49
  • Options
    Well not related to the market but related to my trading account. I have a debit card tied to my smaller account and today noticed that account was down about $300. Looked at my transactions and there were 5 charges that weren't from me. Called TD Ameritrade and there was actually a 6th that hadn't posted yet. Total was about $300. 2 were from some cosmetics place, 1 from Bodhaige (apparently another cosmetics place, 1 was a $100 door dash gift card, one was for $23.24 for Red Eye Diner (looks like Charlotte) and one from apple.com. Very frustrating. They are refunding my money but deactivated my card and are sending me a new one. I haven't used that card since late February but I do have it tied to my CAT scale app on my phone. Last Wednesday I went to Canton, Ohio to tow my step-sons new camper back and we stopped at a truck stop over there to weigh the truck and camper. I didn't have to pull my card out but did have to authorize payment from the app. Had to have happened then. I'm more aggravated about my dislike for thieves than I am over the $300
  • Options
    Oh, traded TSLA calls today. Account was up $109.04
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have all had similer credit card theift is pi$$ a fellow of haveing to cancel cards. Then reestablish accounts. 

Tools of the stock market. I found this today. It may help in tradeing. openinsider.com

Market was back up today good recovery. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    What I noticed today was the rotation. The last few weeks money has been pulled from tech and went into DOW components but today looks like money was pulled back from there and went back into tech. Rotation back to the norm? lol
  • Options
    That site looks pretty cool. I don't follow fundamentals but I know some that would use that. FINVIZ is similar but it doesn't break it down into categories like your site does
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @boatman37. Can you do puts and calls in Lumber futures? LBS=F ??
  • Options
    If we are going to spend 2 trillion on our interstructure should we be looking at concrete,asphalt, steel, bulldozers, lumber, ect.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    If we are going to spend 2 trillion on our interstructure should we be looking at concrete,asphalt, steel, bulldozers, lumber, ect.
    Only 400 million is for infrastructure just like only 9% out of the first 1.9 trillion was for COVID. God help us and buy Gold
  • Options
    I would be extremely careful with lumber futures. There are a number of factors affecting that market, and most of them are not fundamental changes, more related to Covid and for material like plywood and OSB it's not the wood, it's the resins/glues that hold it together. The Texas oil refinery shut down is affecting short term availability. Most of the increase in that sector has likely already happened. (hopefully). You could play that market but any changes are going to be incremental and fast so you'd have to sink some significant coin and then watch it minute by minute. On the retail level we are already seeing some market cooling as people start putting projects on hold which should result in demand dropping off as supply starts to increase. So pricing may drop quickly. Or not....I don't have a crystal ball.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:
    Well not related to the market but related to my trading account. I have a debit card tied to my smaller account and today noticed that account was down about $300. Looked at my transactions and there were 5 charges that weren't from me. Called TD Ameritrade and there was actually a 6th that hadn't posted yet. Total was about $300. 2 were from some cosmetics place, 1 from Bodhaige (apparently another cosmetics place, 1 was a $100 door dash gift card, one was for $23.24 for Red Eye Diner (looks like Charlotte) and one from apple.com. Very frustrating. They are refunding my money but deactivated my card and are sending me a new one. I haven't used that card since late February but I do have it tied to my CAT scale app on my phone. Last Wednesday I went to Canton, Ohio to tow my step-sons new camper back and we stopped at a truck stop over there to weigh the truck and camper. I didn't have to pull my card out but did have to authorize payment from the app. Had to have happened then. I'm more aggravated about my dislike for thieves than I am over the $300
    I'm pretty sure they are hacking online websites where auto-payment details are filed. I had a card that was hacked EVERY year, almost at the exact same time. Only thing I used it for was to renew a USPS post box.  So has USPS got an insider that's leaking info?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Good info Willhound.  I would not have thought about the glue/resins that would be affecting it most.  I know that something like the Chips, specifically being used in automobiles/EVs, that are in high demand, well, the actual materials that are being supplied is skyrocketing.  I've been extremely lucky to have my highest stake in a company like AMAT.  I'm just wondering when is my time that I should pull out, but I think I have a good year or more yet.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    It's amazing the ripple effect in markets today. And areas all over the world are connected. The newest victims are black ABS drain pipe for household plumbing. None available until June. Resin again. I see a lot of white PVC used in the States,rare in Canada, I think because it is thin walled and doesn't handle cold weather as well. And now vinyl coated Romex household wire. None to be had. Again, the outside coating. 
    Post edited by Willhound on
  • Options
    AMAT is a good one looked at it a few months ago, now of course, you know what I'm wishing. 

From USA today, here is breakdown.

Transportation                               $621 B
    Quility of life at home                     $650 B
    Care givers for elderly                     $400 B
    R&D and manufacturing                  $300 B
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    AMAT is a good one looked at it a few months ago, now of course, you know what I'm wishing. 

From USA today, here is breakdown.

Transportation                               $621 B
    Quility of life at home                     $650 B
    Care givers for elderly                     $400 B
    R&D and manufacturing                  $300 B
    Ok the first one is Infrastructure whats the other 3?
  • Options
    Not sure about futures on lumber, never traded it. I have never traded options on futures either. Just straight /ES, /CL, etc.

I don't play fundamentals like you guys were talking about but I'd be looking at heavy equipment companies like CAT.

Had a meeting this morning and this afternoon was a slow day up until close. Only made about $20 net today...lol. Better than losing $20...lol

Oh, and there was another $250 charged on my debit card today. The card had been cancelled but the transaction had already went through. So up to $530 now. $101 at Auto Zone, about $350 on makeup at Elf cosmetics and Bodhaige. I really wish I could get a name on who did it. Love to pay them a visit.
  • Options
    Posted my weekly watchlist to my twitter last week. Feel free to verify @optionizerSS. Had 8 on my list and 7 hit target 1 and 1 hit target 2. The one that did not hit any targets was ETSY and it still ran $9 after triggering. Here was my list: LVS, DIS, INTC, ETSY, MCD, LOW, PEP, NKE. You can check my levels on my twitter. All that said, this was a good week and market behaved well so there were probably lots that had successful watchlists
  • Options
    Yes, great week in market for sure!  Even some of my extra ones like CELZ gained almost 50% this week.  If every week was like this week I'd just retire today!😁

• Options
    I think we are in for a good day on the market!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTC and other crypto going nuts this week, up 20% on average in a few days.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I'm up 20% on my small stake in BTC. Keep thinking I should take the cash off the top, but gonna let it ride for a bit just for giggles. I tried a couple of times to take some cream  off  the top  and buy back in on the drop, but I'm using a trading platform called Coinberry as it's drop dead simple and allows a direct buy/sell into BTC and no account fees but charges 3% in and 3% out so it's not worth jumping in and out on small gains/losses.
  • Options
    I use Vanguard. Simple, no charges as long as you do it all online. I'm waiting for my CELZ to take off tomorrow.  I bought more of CCIV (Lucid) at a low price for long term today.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Options for Crypto trading are more limited in Canada. Wealthsimple offers trading but only in trust. They actually own the crypto, you just own an "equivalent dollar value."  Although Coinberry charges a fee in and out it's a direct own and can be transferred in and out of crypto wallets with them or others. And no trading holds after the first 48 hours of opening the account. The reason for the initial 48 hours is to prevent quick in and out trades for money laundering.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    My eyes are ONLY on DOGE, AMC and GME... 

This is my DOGE right now. As usual I wish I put $6000 into it instead of $60.. sigh. 

• Options
    My daughter just told me she made $5000 this week on crypto. I know awhile back she bought DOGE at .01 or so and sold it for between .07 and .08. She is now wishing she was still holding it...lol. But she made about $3000 on it back then.

Wasn't a good day for me. I keep tight stops and got stopped out of a couple of trades so ended the day down almost $300
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    She's awesome for that!!
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Doge hitting 30!
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    Dogecoin was nothing for years till some celeberty talked it up. When I first started in crypto it was tough for me to exchange my had earned money for a set of number's. Tha's why I got out. Years ago. Like anything else if you could see the future.??
    Boat Name :