Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with DOGE ... there's no fundamentals ... just Elon Musk pumping it up with Tweets. Easy up, easy down.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just talked to my broker. He wants me to buy Amazon now because he believes that when it hits 4000 it will split 8 or 10 to 1. Just a thought
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    @ $3400 each for amazon, good tip
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    here's my tip of the week, STPK is going to become STEM Inc. a phenomenal battrie company. merger coming april 27
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I've been watching STPK for a while, may have to invest.  As for AMZN, I've done some buying at 3100 and 2980, should be decent long term.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I bought July AMZN calls about 2 weeks ago and still holding. Unfortunately they are the $5300 calls so quite a bit out of the money so they haven't moved a whole lot. I think I was up about 25% on them.

Stock splits don't directly make you any money BUT often when they split they will push right back up like TSLA did. IIRC TSLA dropped to about $400/share after their split but then ran back up to about $800 pretty quickly. Generally a split is a bullish sign. I also bought next months TSLA calls Friday right at the close. It reversed back up on the weekly chart with a hammer-ish candle so hoping for some more movement up.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    picking up 20-25 bucks a day on doge by setting a low buy price, it hits it over night and selling when I wake up.. only playing around w/ 100 or so bucks. Wish I had the balls to make it 1000 or 10000... these 20% gains overnight are nice!
  • Options
    lol. yeah. thats my issue. I can find winning trades but I go in so small cause I'm too chicken to go big...lol. I blew out my first account years ago and said I would never do it again so now I am too conservative. But I find 20-50% winners every day but only go in for $200 or so
  • Options
    Stock market has been mean the last couple days. I did pick up a few STPK. of course it went down after purchas. look's promising though. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    So with doge today... apparently this is a group of people or one person, can't tell, but look at how much this account has!!

https://bitinfocharts.com/dogecoin/address/DG2mPCnCPXzbwiqKpE1husv3FA9s5t1WMt
  • Options
    I have a buddy that bought $100 worth a year ago, he is a happy man.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    Stock market has been mean the last couple days. 
    That sure is true!  I believe I'm down over $40k from my high's a couple weeks ago.  Still up for the year though, so it's better than putting the money in a CD.  I've got a few high risk ones that I'm going to have to wait a while for.

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we always had to remind jittery clients, if you don't panic and sell you haven't "lost". Your value is down, but don't lock that in by panic selling. That's why you buy good long term stuff and hold it.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    agreed @Willhound some call that strong hands, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Willhound said:
    As we always had to remind jittery clients, if you don't panic and sell you haven't "lost". Your value is down, but don't lock that in by panic selling. That's why you buy good long term stuff and hold it.

I completely agree with you.  Everything I've bought I've looked to stay in for at least a year to keep taxes lower on cap gains.  Only thing I do is continue to look for the deals on the dips.

• Options
    Market come back Wedsday, I found out the reason was because of the trial. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    Market come back Wedsday, I found out the reason was because of the trial. 

I guess that makes some sense.  Today is definitely a much better day so far!  I may recover half of the losses all just today.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    In crypto, last Friday, I lost 30% in 1h, I gained and then was only 10% down in the next 1h, then I was down 25% after about 8h ... then I was down only 5% in 24h, then I was down 15% in the next 24h and now I'm only down about 8% ... and slowly closing the gap. I think by the end of this week I'll be square with where I started.

If I panic sold ... I would have been 30% down. PERIOD.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    that will give you a headache watching that. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Yeah, I've been through it a few times before, so I don't really react. The first time I panic sold and lost a lot of money back in 2018.  It went down 50% in a few days ... pretty much sold at the bottom, then it regained almost everything back in the next few days ... maybe peak to peak it was about 10% down.

So, I look at it going up and down like a yow yow and ... just wait. LOL.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone own AMAT or Qualcomm or REMX?
  • Options
    Does anyone own AMAT or Qualcomm or REMX?
    Geez, have not been reading this topic???  :smile:  Yes, I own lots of AMAT!  I actually inherited it last year from my smart FIL after he passed away.  It is doing extremely well.  That stock in itself may give me enough $ for fuel for my next boat!  I don't own the others, but I do own T (AT&T) & a couple REITs (just not REMX).

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bitcoin and other cryptos took a hit yesterday apparently because of Biden's announcement of a possible increase on capital gains tax on gains over $1 million. (See? Not just Canada)  :disappointed:
    Okay, not to start a political debate, but on the other hand, some of the analysts surveyed said it wasn't that, rather sell offs for profit taking, particularly overseas after the big gains last week. I've noticed that most of the large increases and decreases related to volume are taking place over night, so likely Asian markets. Maybe the whole crypto thing is just another Chinese plot...... >:)
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Bitcoin and other cryptos took a hit yesterday apparently because of Biden's announcement of a possible increase on capital gains tax on gains over $1 million. (See? Not just Canada)  :disappointed:
    Okay, not to start a political debate, but on the other hand, some of the analysts surveyed said it wasn't that, rather sell offs for profit taking, particularly overseas after the big gains last week. I've noticed that most of the large increases and decreases related to volume are taking place over night, so likely Asian markets. Maybe the whole crypto thing is just another Chinese plot...... >:)
    Crypto was in need of a correction ... it was getting crazy.  Since inception to around 2018, BTC went through 2 "corrections" of about 35%, and then went 10 to 100-fold after both of them.  In 2018 we had a major 85% correction, and then we did 15 fold ... I believe history will repeat itself with 2 corrections of 30% each (roughly, and we are making the first one now) before we move up again. That is elliott wave theory ... so I'm holding ... bank or bust.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    AMAT is a good stock, Had it for a while, probley shoud have stayed in it. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Willhound said:
    If it was Biden it was great! My friends and I all doubled down on Dogecoin and are very much in the green right now thanks to that dip!! Again, as usual, wish I threw double in what I did!! Can't wait for a dip like that again!!!
  • Options
    News seems to be timed perfectly. We were looking at charts yesterday and were expecting some resistance and possible pullback at a particular level (mainly SPY). SPY broke that point by .04 then Biden made his announcement and the selloff ensued. Seems to happen quite often..too often to be coincidence
    Nancy Pelosi recently bought millions in AAPL TSLA and a few others, call options. There has been chatter about how she should not be allowed to trade. #1 she has access to information most don't. I'm sure she knows when Biden will announce an EV initiative. Sure everyone knew it was on his agenda but the moment he speaks about it the EV companies take off. #2 her husband owns an investment and consulting firm.
  • Options
    This is why the 1% will always be one step ahead. They just dont have to play by the rules.. if you weren't paying attention to GME when the 1% screwed over the little guy... well I've never seen anything like that. 

My 10 shares were at +800 and they removed the buy button. It was actually blasting off and someone at the top said to stop it.. 

crazy. 
  • Options
    Yeah. I typically stay far away from those 'pump and dumps' but I did jump in GME calls when it was around $400 and made about $500 on it in a few minutes. I used to swing for the fences and struck out too many times. Now I go for base hits and doing much better. I mentioned before I use a strategy called The Strat. One of our fellow Stratters on Twitter (@StratDevilDog) posted a tweet today that he is trading a $100,000 account and posted his daily results since March 1st. In March he made $15,564 and so far in April made $12,571. He only had 2 losings days and they were March 5th and 6th. Killing it!
  • Options
    Just sayin....

Dogecoin surges as Reddit madness engulfs cryptocurrencies