Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Cisco has been on fire
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What stock has gone up 1000%+ in a month?? Can't ask for anything more than what Doge has given us!! More than a few millionaires have been made in the last 60 days on this thing.. 

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    What stock has gone up 1000%+ in a month?? Can't ask for anything more than what Doge has given us!! More than a few millionaires have been made in the last 60 days on this thing.. 

We'll see if they keep those gains. Don't go counting your chickens remember that lots of these gains are just on paper which doesn't mean much especially is something as volatile as crypto. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And SNL tonite will be interesting.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    J3ff said:

We'll see if they keep those gains. Don't go counting your chickens remember that lots of these gains are just on paper which doesn't mean much especially is something as volatile as crypto. 
    Yes, as said before I'm just a small time guy in this... only put a couple 100 in... I see some of these folks on reddit that are +2million and I think they are INSANE for holding. I would have already cashed out a LOT of 2 million and be making big life changes... mainly going part time at work and looking to start up as a delivery captain on the East Coast. It would be so NICE to have a big chunk of change in your bank account to allow a person to do the job they actually want to do! 
  • Options
    Did anyone else besides me read that the colonial pipeline got hacked causing it to shut down operations?? May want to play something oil related
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    These cryptos are crazy. I'm afraid to trade them cause I trade charts and they run on momentum and the next craze. I did buy BTC twice, first at $14,000 then again at about $25,000-30,000. I still have all of it but I only bought $200 of it total. Also bought $100 of ADA (Cardano). Total I have $300 in these cryptos and it's worth $651 right now. I think I mentioned it before but my daughter bought DOGE at .01 and sold it at .08. Not sure if she sold all or kept some but she did say that the $1000 she had in it would have been worth over $30,000 if she had held...lol. I think she made about $7000 total on all of her crypto. Another issue I have with trading crypto is I use thinkorswim for my charting and you can't look up any cryptos on thinkorswim so it's hard for me to tell when might be a good time to buy. I also know my luck and history with buying stuff that has been on fire for awhile. I stay away cause I figure it has to pull back but it never does so I finally get in and it all falls apart...lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Yep Handy, I've read about the pipeline. Trying to figure out how to play that one.

Boatman, I feel the same way.  The minute I jump in on something that is hot, it goes down.  I just can't win.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Check out CHIA - started farming that the other day... it opened at 1600/coin on Monday lol
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Play the pipeline?  Fill both tanks this weekend.  The pipeline shutdown will have no meaningful effect on fuel supplies, but somehow, prices at the pump will jump 15%.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Play the pipeline?  Fill both tanks this weekend.  The pipeline shutdown will have no meaningful effect on fuel supplies, but somehow, prices at the pump will jump 15%.  
    Yes, which means SUN, SLB, XOM are just a few stocks that will go up.  SLB has become one of my better stocks.

• Options
    I got in XOM calls about a week ago. They are next years expiration so have plenty of time but I'm up about 50% on them.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Looks like SNL was not good for Doge, Robinhood almost crashed with sell off. 

I have MRO, just paid 2.99 to fill my truck. All gas stocks should be on the move. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elon giveth and Elon taketh away. Crypto is the junk bonds of the new era.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7847350/dogecoin-loses-price-elon-musk-snl/
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    It bounced back up yesterday.... now is down again... just wish I could throw more money into it... these bounces make real money for some!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    J3ff said:

DOGE got a butt kicking this weekend ... party is over.

On other hand Ethereum is the new Bitcoin ... it is having a stellar few weeks, and I think about to really take off.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Stocks took a beating today. Everyone must be changing there investment dollars to cripto. 
    I guess I'll join ya. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Daughter told me about a new one coming out called Safe Moon. I found it but I guess it isn't on any exchanges yet so you have to buy binance coin then swap those for Safe Moon. Dunno. She bought $500 of it and figured worst case she is out $500. I was gonna buy $100 of it today as a lotto but can't get registered to buy it.

On another note had EBAY on my watchlist for this week over 60.01. That triggered and hit target 1. I got in at the trigger then sold 2/3 of it and moved my stop up. I bought another contract on the dip and set my stop at breakeven then had a meeting at 10:30 and got stopped out...ugh. Still made money but could have made a bunch more. I paid 1.08/contract on my first buy then 1.25 on my add and it hit like 2.30/contract but I think I sold the first 2/3 at about 1.50 but paid about 1.30 on my add and stopped out at about 1.25...lol. Also sold my XOM calls from last week for about 65% win. I was up about 85% but it pulled back before I decided to get out.

Still on my watchlist for this week that hasn't triggered yet is FB over 328.55 and SBUX over 116.74. They may not trigger id the market pulls back and that's ok.
  • Options
    So The total crypto market cap is 2.36 T,,, I be back in coinbase  on Tuesday. 

Top ten by market cap

1 Bitcoin
    2 ETH
    3 BNB
    4 DOGE
    5 USDT
    6 ADA
    7 XRP
    8 DOT
    9 Bitcoin cash
    10 LTC

Purchas looking to make, to start with
    ETH
    USDT
    ADA
    LTC
    SHIB
    TRON
    XYO
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I paperhanded doge.. @+500 - oh well. Could have been +900.. friend has made 1000's on ETH classic in the last week. 
  • Options
    It might have been mentioned earlier in here but there was a guy that paid for a pizza with 2 bitcoins years ago...lol. Heck of a tip!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    So The total crypto market cap is 2.36 T,,, I be back in coinbase  on Tuesday. 

Top ten by market cap

1 Bitcoin
    2 ETH
    3 BNB
    4 DOGE
    5 USDT
    6 ADA
    7 XRP
    8 DOT
    9 Bitcoin cash
    10 LTC

Purchas looking to make, to start with
    ETH
    USDT
    ADA
    LTC
    SHIB
    TRON
    XYO
    USDT is a parity token ... it just is a digital version of US dollars ... you won't make any money on that.

XRP ... watch out, it is subject to wild swings due to a fan club (like DOGE) and NO fundamentals to support the price. You might make money, but it's a pure gamble.

DOGE ... gamble ... look at what happened on the weekend. Again, only reason it is this high is due to the Elon Musk fan club ... has no fundamentals to support the current price, and subject to heavy speculation and major price swings.

TRON ... scam coin by Justin Sun ... again something that is only propped via marketing and a fan club.

ETH ... in my opinion good, but it may correct soon. I can see it hitting $5k or $6k. It actually has usage today ... many projects using that network.

ADA ... been reading interesting articles about it ... 

LTC ... was the silver to BTC's gold ... but ETH took that away. It recently topped at $420 ... and then corrected ... market got a bit hot ... and needed to cool down.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks @MarkB good view point. And thanks for your research. Crypto is interesting. as you will see by my next post.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    It looks like this morning may have presented another buying opportunity.  I didn't buy anything, but as things are starting to turn back green I wonder if that was a bottom of a small dip.  I've got so much in the red lately that I didn't feel like throwing more in the pot, but maybe should have.

• Options
    A look back, a freind of mine and I got involved in crypto. In 2018. He stayed . I ran to safty and cashed out. I was non believer, scared of losing all my hard earned cash.  His 10k investment is now 308k. Mine 0. Stock VS Crypto comparsion. 

It was February 2018 when Joe and I first looking, buying crypto. I was non beliver, Joe was not. Here are the facks Jack. Not trying to sway anyone either way.

03/2018  Price                                                                  05/2021 Price

BTC   $9174                                                                        $55258
    ETH      964                                                                             3933
    XRP      .94                                                                              1.42
    Bitcoin cash  1272                                                                  1385
    ADA      .43                                                                               1.71
    LTC      160.25                                                                         357
    NEO     122.96                                                                        109.39
    XLM      .43                                                                             .64
    EOS     9.84                                                                           11.79
    XEM     .64                                                                               .34
    TRON     .04                                                                            .13        

a few stocks as comp. some I hold, 

AMD       11.43                                                                    75.55
    HNHPF   7.91                                                                       8.08
    MRO       14.85                                                                     11.34
    Z               52.99                                                                    111.60
    RMBS     13.79                                                                      18.59
    ETN         77.69                                                                      144.60
    C              72.70                                                                     74.15
    AA            42.99                                                                      40.59
    MGA         54.23                                                                      93.34
    VGT        178.63                                                                      357.69
    AAPL       43.83                                                                      124.01
    AMZM     1544.93                                                                  3183.20
    Boat Name : 

• Options
  • Options
    @boatman37. Look at EA

EA is 2 down on the monthly but trying to form a hammer, which is good. Weekly is an inside bar but it is only Tuesday. Over 143.84 makes it a 2-2-2 reversal to the upside. For me that is where I would look to get in but if you are looking longer term then weekly isn't as important. For me I would buy next weeks expiration calls and only hold a few days but I don't usually hold very long
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Did anyone else besides me read that the colonial pipeline got hacked causing it to shut down operations?? May want to play something oil related
    Drivers around here are full-on retards.  When the pipeline story got out, hoards of drivers all went to buy gas on the same day, causing a few stations to run out.  That news sent the remaining drivers into panic mode, and everybody bought gas until there's none left.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast we have toilet paper 😀
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    ETH still way up.. friend of mine got in at 300/coin and bought 3 of them. Now that dude is sitting on 10,000+ . Sigh.