Options

Rinker 350/360 2007+ Random Topics

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Bleach is the worst thing for vinyl! We had a thread on this awhile back. Mold spores actually retreat from porous surfaces -- going deeper into the substrate -- so then they reemerge later. Vinegar is a recommended treatment for porous surfaces. Bleach for hard surfaces. PS: I worked for 20+ years in healthcare and did presentations on nosocomial (in-hospital) infections.

For boat vinyl I really like 303 Mold & Mildew Cleaner/Blocker -- https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-mold-mildew-cleaner-blocker/
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, was going to use it as a last resort. But if vinegar might work, I’ll try that.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC thanks for the touch up idea.  It still just amazes me that you can paint vinyl.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coating on vinyl and leather (like in your car) is really just very flexible paint. 

I wouldn’t try to repaint a big section of a seat cushion as I don’t think it would be as durable as original (just like when you have your bumper repainted and it chips immediately), but for touch ups I think it’s great. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    @YYZRC
    I used Duplicolor vinyl paint on my Healey seats (full seats) and it held up great. I think the trick is to spray it on as thin as you can. It was a full color change also, from tan to black.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:

I noticed a major problem with this fridge you may not be aware of ... and I urge you to address it ASAP.

There's NO FRIGGIN BEER IN THAT FRIDGE!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    No beer drinkers on board. Girlie drinks only!!
  • Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Inverter up and running. Just waiting on some beefier cables. 

Anyone know where I can get “plugs” to block off the old starboard AC breaker?

• Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Found this storage compartment to replace my cracked compartment.

Nuova Rade Utility Storage Case Side Mount Left 266 x 561 mm https://a.co/6eEmciC
  • Options
    Finished the inverter wiring. 

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Helm seat back is painted to match. 

• Options
    aero3113 said:
    I used Duplicolor vinyl paint on my Healey seats (full seats) and it held up great. I think the trick is to spray it on as thin as you can. It was a full color change also, from tan to black.
    @aero3113 did you use a clear coat after painting? I tried SEM satin clear and it seems more durable however even the “satin” is too shiny for me. 
  • Options
    @YYZRC no, I didn’t have to use clear coat. I can’t remember if I used satin or flat. I’m pretty sure it was satin.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Headliner is hard to match due to aging but this one is epic close. 

• Options
    edited July 2022

@aero3113 any good ideas from the aviation sector for what I can replace this carpet with? My first thought was to do the vertical parts in cream vinyl and wood on top (to match the cabin entry steps), but I think it’s too much wood. 

I could do starboard on the horizontal surfaces but I think that might look cheap. 

I could do the vinyl flooring and add a starboard edge same as Rinker used to transition to the aft cabin. 

Or…?? What to do?!
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Finally, I was able to run the boat at WOT yesterday and I was chock to discover my rpm are way down. I was running around 4900 rpm with the 4x3 21 pitch with the Mercruiser prop. My rpm with the hills 4x4 20 pitch are 4500 right now. The engines are running great but my rpm are very low. Unfortunately  I pass my 45 day of tried out by the manufacture, Because we got covid and other issues. So I made my decision to place my brand news 4x4 off for sale after this season.
  • Options
    Bored and need to add something to the boat! @oscar1 do you like your Lenco AutoGlide trim tabs? Tempted to add them!
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine came OEM. One of the best things on the boat. Once it's calibrated, its a set it and forget it feature. You start getting up on plane and you watch the LEDs move up/down, left/right and next thing you know you are running great.
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Bored and need to add something to the boat! @oscar1 do you like your Lenco AutoGlide trim tabs? Tempted to add them!
    Yes a lot, it is one thing that when it set right you don't have to worry about it anymore. 
  • Options
    Got started on the steps. 

Also got started on filling in the old starboard shore power inlets. 

• Options
    Why did you take them out?
  • Options
    Repurposed the circuit as an inverter/charger circuit. 
  • Options
    So, shorepower is still available on the port side, and inverter/charger taps into wiring from starboard side and now allows you to get AC from batteries?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I essentially repurposed the starboard side of the AC panel to be the inverter circuit. 

You can see my jury rigged panel here. When connected to shore power (selector knob at third position as shown below) the inverter/charger charges the lithium battery. When there is no shorepower available, I can turn the selector knob to the second position and the inverter powers all circuits except the AC. 

Genny still works as usual. 

I will remove the breaker for the starboard AC and get some proper labels made up over the winter. 
  • Options
    Incredible!  So does that mean when you are on shore power you still have 2 30 amp circuits, 1 for Air, and 1 for everything else?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yep.  Rinker unintentionally made adding a fully integrated inverter really easy, as long as you don't mind giving up one set of your shore power inlets.

I could add additional lithium batteries to power the AC unit for a few hours, but I really just wanted to be able to do all of our cooking without using the generator.  The single Victron 200ah lithium has been sufficient for my needs.
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Yep.  Rinker unintentionally made adding a fully integrated inverter really easy, as long as you don't mind giving up one set of your shore power inlets.

I could add additional lithium batteries to power the AC unit for a few hours, but I really just wanted to be able to do all of our cooking without using the generator.  The single Victron 200ah lithium has been sufficient for my needs.
    Do you have any electrical schematic from your project, it sound interested to me. Thx
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Not a great pic but on the right side you can see a bus bar with the AC power leads at the top and bottom.  This is where the generator and the port shore power lines connect.  The starboard AC lines didn't connect at the bus bar and instead ran right to the panel.

Here's a basic schematic of what I did.  I disconnected both of the starboard shore power inlets and completely removed the Air Conditioner power line (only the panel breaker remains).  For the main line, I re-routed it to the inverter's AC output.

I used the original Air Conditioning 10/3 cable and repurposed it to run from the inverter/charger input to the bus bar pictured above.  When there's power from the port shore power to the bus bar, the inverter/charger AC input is energized and the inverter/charger charges the batteries (if required).

I am clearly not an electrician!  I got a lot of good advice from a guy named Peter Kennedy.  Several good articles on his site for stuff like this:

https://shop.pkys.com/Installing-your-Victron-MultiPlus-Inverter-Charger_b_88.html

• Options
    YYZRC

Thx, I am going to look into it.